New England -2.5 over Philly?

stevestojan

Pats by 10.  There are half a dozen teams in the AFC--including the Bills who would be favorites against the Eagles.

216714[/snapback]

The Bills would not be favored against the Eagles. Only the Pats, Colts and Steelers would be.

You can't do it online anywhere?

216717[/snapback]

Sure you can, but that's not legal either. It's just not enforceable against the bookie because the sites are all set up off shore. And the police aren't going to gain anything by going after individual bettors.

From what I understand, the only risk with betting on-line is that you have no guarantee of getting your money out of the site if you win big.

Okay Bills +2 against the NFC champs. Not bad for a team that didn't even make the playoffs. Eagles--not that good. Probably 9-7 or 10-6 if they play in the AFC east. They play in one of the worst divisions in football. If TO comes back it may mmake the game close for awhile but Pats probably win by at least two scores.

I have a feeling this one's going to be a blowout. The first Pats SB win - they were barely winning along the way and squeaked one out against a better team. Last year - despite being 14-2, they were not dominating teams and squeaked out another win. This year, they have dominated a number of games and the playoffs. They will win the Super Bowl in a blowout (i.e. 14 points or more).

I heard a full touchdown favorite, NE that is, that seems way to hig. 3-4 might be more accurate

I think the line will be around 2.5 or 3.  I think NE will win by more than that, but the line will be conservative...

Bet the Pats in 14 days. They are apparently the real deal.

215655[/snapback]

I think we might see the line go to 7 pts by Super Sunday.

Vegas will not get any action at any thing under 3.

New England is just that good.

They really impressed me with the game they played vs Pitts.

Seems like when they get a team down, they put their boots on em,

and they don't let up.

RECENT TRENDS

• Under is 5-1 in the last six meetings.

• NE is 11-3-2 ATS playing on grass this year.

• NE is 12-3-1 ATS in their last 16 overall.

• Pats are 4-0 ATS in non-conference this year.

• Under is 9-2 after PHI wins 2+ consecutive games.

• PHI is 0-4 ATS in non-conference games.

• Under is 6-0 when PHI plays with 2 weeks+ of rest.

• PHI is 2-6 ATS in the last eight meetings.

the line is already 7... it started 6/6.5... it's going to stay at 7 until the final days leading up to the game and then it's probably going to go to 7.5/8... that's my prediction

217140[/snapback]

Usually the spread narrows when there are two weeks between the championship games and the Super Bowl. The dumb money begins to believe that the underdog has a chance. So if you want the Eagles, you should bet now. If you want the Pats, you should wait.

I'm avoiding this one. I don't have a strong feeling either way. If it gets crazy and moves to 5.5 on no major news (I don't consider TO playing as major news), I might bet a little on NE.