Kirk Ferentz is a great coach that produces talent.

http://btn.com/2014/04/29/top-big-ten-nfl-producing-programs-of-last-5-years/

He has put less quality recruits in the NFL. Same as Ohio St. There are three guys I would love to see in a Bills uniform. C.J FEDORAWITZ T.E Iowa great pick for 3rd or 4th. Christian Kirksy Lb Iowa 4th round and MLB James Morris Iowa. Any one of these three has the talent to push for a starting spot. Morris won the MLB job as a FRESHMAN in the big ten. He also had 5 more sacks than Jadevean Clowney. I'd love it and so would my fellow Bills fans.

Edited by Iowabillsfan4life

Sorry, but the Big 10 just isn't what it used to be. 4th or 5th best football conference now. I'm just not in love with the talent on a middle of the road program in the rapidly declining talent pool of the Big 10. Unless they are OL, I'd stick to the SEC, Pac 10, Big 12, and ACC.

http://btn.com/2014/...f-last-5-years/

He has put less quality recruits in the NFL. Same as Ohio St. There are three guys I would love to see in a Bills uniform. C.J FEDORAWITZ T.E Iowa great pick for 3rd or 4th. Christian Kirksy Lb Iowa 4th round and MLB James Morris Iowa. Any one of these three has the talent to push for a starting spot. Morris won the MLB job as a FRESHMAN in the big ten. He also had 5 more sacks than Jadevean Clowney. I'd love it and so would my fellow Bills fans.

I can appreciate your passion for your college team. I do have an honest question, something I have always wondered about Ferentz. He is very highly paid for not much success in a conference that is not that good. You think he is a "great coach" and I can appreciate that as your opinion. But why is he only getting 2 and 3 star recruits? We always hear about him getting COY and all this because "they just don't get the recruits" at Iowa. Recruiting is a HUGE part of his job.

Probably because it's Iowa and winter time. Who wants to stay inside all day? He did get coach of the year twice (Nationally) He does get 4 star players. I was just saying he can take a two star player that most colleges dont want and make him NFL ready.

Thanks for the objective analysis, iowabillsfan4life!!

Your Welcome

don't they have a bruising RB?

Yes his name is Mark Weisman 6'2 245 he will probably be a Mike Alstott FB in the NFL. I think he will be great this year with possibly the 4-5th best (this last year) LT in college football returning this year. Brandon Sherrf

Probably because it's Iowa and winter time. Who wants to stay inside all day? He did get coach of the year twice (Nationally) He does get 4 star players. I was just saying he can take a two star player that most colleges dont want and make him NFL ready.

Your Welcome

Yes his name is Mark Weisman 6'2 245 he will probably be a Mike Alstott FB in the NFL. I think he will be great this year with possibly the 4-5th best (this last year) LT in college football returning this year. Brandon Sherrf

Fair enough. Freezing in Columbus too in January.

I can appreciate your passion for your college team. I do have an honest question, something I have always wondered about Ferentz. He is very highly paid for not much success in a conference that is not that good. You think he is a "great coach" and I can appreciate that as your opinion. But why is he only getting 2 and 3 star recruits? We always hear about him getting COY and all this because "they just don't get the recruits" at Iowa. Recruiting is a HUGE part of his job.

I'm on board with Fiedorowicz in round 3 since he's a complete TE. The others I'm not big on....

Well if we passed on Ebron and took C.J I wouldn't be upset. As much as I would like to stay at #9 with the talks about them trading up. I am for it. Hopefully its or Robinson or Clowney.

Well if we passed on Ebron and took C.J I wouldn't be upset. As much as I would like to stay at #9 with the talks about them trading up. I am for it. Hopefully its or Robinson or Clowney.

Was it CJ that had that long TD against OSU this year? I know it was a TE.

It's hard to beat Ohio St. history and campus. But to have the same amount of NFL players these last 5 years says alot.

This year will likely bump up OSU in NFL players but they have had a few busts. Urban slowly changing things.