Lake Norman Drained

My God, I can't even tell if you guys are being serious anymore. Just so we're on the same page -- you all do realize this was an April Fools joke, right? This whole thread is like a heavy dose of sarcasm sans the wink.

Edited by GOBILLS78

My God, I can't even tell if you guys are being serious anymore. Just so we're on the same page -- you all do realize this was an April Fools joke, right? This whole tread is like a heavy dose of sarcasm sans the wink.

Guess I should have read the article. :wallbash: I saw Duke Energy and lost my mind! :blush:

Click any of the links within the article, the 35 foot buddha was the clincher.

Each link brings you to April Fools page

<_< thanks for telling me this last night before i went off my rocker <_<

To be taken in by EII? Oh, the humanity!

When I turned to News14 Carolina and didn't see anything in the update I grew suspicious. Then waited until maybe more info came out.

See, the thing is, this was done at High Rock Lake - the second largest lake in the state.

When I turned to News14 Carolina and didn't see anything in the update I grew suspicious. Then waited until maybe more info came out.

See, the thing is, this was done at High Rock Lake - the second largest lake in the state.

So, you were hoodwinked too, just admit it.

My God, I can't even tell if you guys are being serious anymore. Just so we're on the same page -- you all do realize this was an April Fools joke, right? This whole thread is like a heavy dose of sarcasm sans the wink.

You had to spoil the fun... I could have had this going for days! LoL...

I thought Beer was on to me for going off on the bankers... I was laying low and not trying to make it too over the top... Giant filters fitted onto the special dam drain gate? Special dam drain gate? LoL...

<_< thanks for telling me this last night before i went off my rocker <_<

To be taken in by EII? Oh, the humanity!

LoL... Duke Energy, boy they sure get people's blood boiling! LoL...

You had to spoil the fun... I could have had this going for days! LoL...

I thought Beer was on to me for going off on the bankers... I was laying low and not trying to make it too over the top... Giant filters fitted onto the special dam drain gate? Special dam drain gate? LoL...

LoL... Duke Energy, boy they sure get people's blood boiling! LoL...

I knew you knew, with the smile at the end, but the serious replies that followed made me think I was watching some brilliant avant-garde comedy sketch. It was intoxicating. Eventually I had to find truth in the madness.

I knew you knew, with the smile at the end, but the serious replies that followed made me think I was watching some brilliant avant-garde comedy sketch. It was intoxicating. Eventually I had to find truth in the madness.

It is hard to pull things off on April 1st... Everybody is on guard! When Beerball got hooked w/Duke Energy... I was like: "Oh my! I gotta give up my day job." Then it appeared to me that boyst was being over the top... Going back over, I am not even sure he knew? That is what I think kept it going, I had somebody to reply back to that knew about the area. I thought he knew... I was thinking, its great that somebody on the inside knows and can play along. Wow, he had me going so I was not trying to get too over the top. The boat bilge plug thing was surreal. Sunken boats, props? My story about a boat going in circles really fast, wife with a trailer @ the boat ramp... Oh my! I checked back in late today and thought, this is still going? I had a post lined all up for Gordio and then I figured, I better read the rest of the thread! LoL...

Honestly... Just think of the madness that draining a huge polluted lake would bring... LoL... Then there was "Lost and Found" day in July? Bankers and yachts? LoL... I guess that's how to get a story going, make it semi-believable and then sneak the zany/crazy things in little by little! :-O

I knew you knew, with the smile at the end, but the serious replies that followed made me think I was watching some brilliant avant-garde comedy sketch.

yeah, yeah...that's what it was an avant garde comedy sketch...yeah, that's the ticket!