What O=line players still out there?

So assuming we sign Spikes, what offense line players are still out there? I'm kind of figuring we will still resign Leonhard. At this point if we then sign Spikes, I'm thinking that's about the only area I can see them still maybe signing someone a would be for the O-line and maybe more depth. Supposedly the Bill's like the late season signings they made a guard, so may figure they are OK there. Do they sign a tackle or draft a RT in 2nd round or so. Any good lineman left that won't cost a fortune??

i know there was a post about not copy and pasting copyright material but i believe quoting is permitted?

according to NFL.com:

"Donald Penn, OT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Although he's battled weight problems in the past, Penn hasn't missed a start in six years. His first visit is to the

Raiders

on Friday.

Zach Strief, OT, New Orleans Saints:

The

Jets

are no longer an option after signing

Breno Giacomini

, but Strief is reportedly drawing interest from the

Dolphins

to replace

Jonathan Martin

Davin Joseph, G, Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Joseph met with the

Rams

, but that position might be closed with the

Rodger Saffold

re-signing. There's always Miami.

Travelle Wharton, G, Carolina Panthers:

After stabilizing the

Panthers

' offensive line last season, Wharton is

still contemplating

joining

Jordan Gross

in retirement.

"

Naturally us Bills fans would like to see more talent, and better depth for the offensive line then some scrubs off the waiver wire.

Last off season the Bills went dumpster diving to a bad Steeler O line pick up the worst graded player on their line in Doug Legursky as the backup center. He filled in for 10 games, and graded as the worst starting player on that line in fort Buffalo in 2013, so nothing we didn't already know. This season the Bills went diving again for the worst graded player on the St Louis line to become the starter at LG, as 5.5 mill guaranteed says he will start.

While both C Eric Wood & LT Cordy Glenn are solid starters on that line. There is absolutely no solid depth behind them with Legursky grading as a very poor run blocker, and since the Bills ran 71% of the time behind Wood. The bills will encounter serious issues should either Glenn or Wood suffer a season ending injury.

You guys need to understand that this franchise simply doesn't believe in building an offensive line with elite or even top talent. For some reason they recently tend to value players with bad grades that other teams are looking to rid themselves of. I can only imagine that the FO thinks that running a quick strike, short passing scheme with eliminate the need for top talent.

I have given up hope that the Bills will build a superior, power blocking offensive line.

Strief, has a history with Coach Marrone, best graded RT in all of the NFL, in a some what similar offense. I don't want to go into the 2nd round with a need, while several LGs would be upgrades, I don't want to rely on finding a rookie starter.

Naturally us Bills fans would like to see more talent, and better depth for the offensive line then some scrubs off the waiver wire.

Last off season the Bills went dumpster diving to a bad Steeler O line pick up the worst graded player on their line in Doug Legursky as the backup center. He filled in for 10 games, and graded as the worst starting player on that line in fort Buffalo in 2013, so nothing we didn't already know. This season the Bills went diving again for the worst graded player on the St Louis line to become the starter at LG, as 5.5 mill guaranteed says he will start.

While both C Eric Wood & LT Cordy Glenn are solid starters on that line. There is absolutely no solid depth behind them with Legursky grading as a very poor run blocker, and since the Bills ran 71% of the time behind Wood. The bills will encounter serious issues should either Glenn or Wood suffer a season ending injury.

You guys need to understand that this franchise simply doesn't believe in building an offensive line with elite or even top talent. For some reason they recently tend to value players with bad grades that other teams are looking to rid themselves of. I can only imagine that the FO thinks that running a quick strike, short passing scheme with eliminate the need for top talent.

I have given up hope that the Bills will build a superior, power blocking offensive line.

Wood is a first round pick, Glenn is a second round pick with first round grades. Williams is #1, Hairston is a 4th, Urbik I believe is a 2nd or 4rd, while Pears fall off a tree. That sounds like building a line around elite talent. You don't need five #1 picks. Look at the Pats. They are a group of non-elite talents that is the most talented line in football.

I think they're expecting Hairston to take the RT spot, since he's healthy now (never heard what his problem was last year). The more I think about it, if the guys they want aren't there at 9, I could be on-board with taking Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the 1st after trading down a ways since he's a dual threat as a receiver and blocker.

Wood is a first round pick, Glenn is a second round pick with first round grades. Williams is #1, Hairston is a 4th, Urbik I believe is a 2nd or 4rd, while Pears fall off a tree. That sounds like building a line around elite talent. You don't need five #1 picks. Look at the Pats. They are a group of non-elite talents that is the most talented line in football.

Except that the Pats lost the best OL coach in the NFL in Dante Scarnecchia.

You don't need five #1 picks. Look at the Pats. They are a group of non-elite talents that is the most talented line in football.

Mankins, Vollmer and Solder were all top 40 picks. Marcus Cannon only dropped due to his cancer diagnosis. Pats also hold on most plays.

I just can't get my head around the belief on this board by so many that being a first round selection even means anything positive, if after 4 years of actually playing in the NFL, you are consistently graded among the worst at your position. As I posted in a thread a while ago, even first rounds picks made by teams that do all the legwork and research admit that the chances of drafting a solid player is still merely no better than a simple coin flip.