(OT) NHL season over... :(

Fezmid

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/s...10701595.htm?1c

The amusing parts:

"We've given them everything they wanted."

Then later, he says "The owners want a salary cap, and we don't."  Umm, then how did you give the owners everything they wanted? :devil:

Oh well, it wasn't unexpected.

CW

213961[/snapback]

Can you copy and paste the article do we don't all have to register? :lol:

http://www.bugmenot.com/

Try this one:

User: webreg@isuseless.edu

Pass: nopassword

CW

213975[/snapback]

Cool!!

I mean the password thing not the fact that the NHL season looks as good as dead.

The whole thing sucks, but I stand behind the owners. It's their league. If they want to tie what they pay the players to the revenue the league generates, who are the players to say that they can't do that.

What's good enough for NFL and NBA players isn't good enough for NHL players???

Brad Riter had a great analogy, the NHL is like a broken ATM machine that keeps spitting out money and the players are happy enough to pick it up. Now the bank owner has realized that the ATM was broken, apitting out money and wants to fix it and the players seem to say that since the ATM used to spit out money it ALWAYS should. (Sorry Brad, I'm not doing you justice).

This stinks for those of us that love Hockey as much as Football. I'm not a bastketball fan and baseball can be boring for long stints. They better have this resolved long before next season. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

jayg Posted Today, 02:57 PM

This stinks for those of us that love Hockey as much as Football. I'm not a bastketball fan and baseball can be boring for long stints. They better have this resolved long before next season.         

jayg, who is that in your avatar? It looks like Britney Spears & Daniel Snyder.

This stinks for those of us that love Hockey as much as Football. I'm not a bastketball fan and baseball can be boring for long stints. They better have this resolved long before next season.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

214025[/snapback]

unreal... the next sporting period i am even looking forward to is march madness. I don't even watch college basketball until then, but it seems in march some of the best games EVER are played...

The NBA is awful... i mean, i don't know how people pay to watch that garbage.

And baseball? I'll try to show interest again, and then realize I could get 2 hours of work done between each pitch... YAWN..

Man, this realy sucks.

To me it comes down to the players being STUPID. The league said "Play for $2 million a season instead of $4 million or don't play at all". Players chose to not play at all. Their loss. Start the league over again next fall and use AHL, ECHL & replacement players. Cut ticket prices down to $10 bucks each. The difference won't be all that noticeable and most of the NHL players will end up coming in and playing anyways. It's not like these guys are going to go work at Tim Horton's or on the family farm in Canada. What else are they going to do? Stupid. Stupid people.

Hahaha, I'm not sure if I should be insulted or just laugh. My initial instinct was to laugh so I think it's very funny. It's my girlfriend and I eight years ago.

214064[/snapback]

Hahaha, I'm not sure if I should be insulted or just laugh. My initial instinct was to laugh so I think it's very funny. It's my girlfriend and I eight years ago.

214084[/snapback]

two points:

1) If someone ever mistook my girlfriend for Brittany spears, the last thing I would be would be insulted.

2) Not that its my business (when has that ever stopped me before), but you say it's you and your girlfriend eight years ago. Does that mean you've been dating the same girl for 8+ years? Here: http://www.debeers.com/

To me it comes down to the players being STUPID. The league said "Play for $2 million a season instead of $4 million or don't play at all". Players chose to not play at all. Their loss. Start the league over again next fall and use AHL, ECHL & replacement players. Cut ticket prices down to $10 bucks each. The difference won't be all that noticeable and most of the NHL players will end up coming in and playing anyways. It's not like these guys are going to go work at Tim Horton's or on the family farm in Canada. What else are they going to do? Stupid. Stupid people.

214083[/snapback]

Totally agree.

I've been screaming for replacement players since this whole thing started. Did anyone really think they'd negotiate their way out of this one?

jayg Posted Today, 03:26 PM

QUOTE(MarkVaderr50 @ Jan 21 2005, 03:17 PM)

No offense intended, jayg, just curious. :devil::lol:

8 years, that is impressive.

214084[/snapback]

How did a goofy looking spud like you get a total babe like that? :devil:

:lol:

So, Are you little Danny Snyder? :blink:

The 3 legged version? :doh:

2) Not that its my business (when has that ever stopped me before), but you say it's you and your girlfriend eight years ago. Does that mean you've been dating the same girl for 8+ years? Here: http://www.debeers.com/

and if you aren't still dating her you are a pathetic loser for putting a picture of your ex girlfriend as your avatar.

:blink:

Will be 9 years in March. Marriage? Bwahahahahahahahaha! Who knows though, maybe in 9 more years. :blink:

two points:

1) If someone ever mistook my girlfriend for Brittany spears, the last thing I would be would be insulted.

2) Not that its my business (when has that ever stopped me before), but you say it's you and your girlfriend eight years ago. Does that mean you've been dating the same girl for 8+ years?  Here:  http://www.debeers.com/

214090[/snapback]