What I'd like to see next year...

Justice

and how I'll do it.

1. Re-sign Byrd. Make him the highest paid safety in the game. Front load his deal so it's not cap restrictive going forward. We have plenty of cap space so we can afford it.

2. As much as this pains me to say, but I'd use the 1st rounder on a RT only if Robinson (not likely) or Matthews is available at our spot. Lewan isn't a RT in my opinion and I wouldn't move Glenn unless he is 100% happy with the move. I'd much rather have Watkins or Evans, but we can find a nice receiver in the 2nd. If we draft a wide receiver here than try to sign Streif from N.O.

3. Draft the best available wideout in round two. Jordan Matthews or Kelvin Benjamin could be there. If not then grab the TE out of Notredame, Troy Niklas, or ASJ.

4. Draft a guard in round three. If we go WR and OL with our first two picks then grab our TE here and wait for round five for the lineman.

5. Sign a MLB in free agency. Jackson, Dansby, or Riley would suffice.

6. Scrap the no-huddle. Give our defense some rest.

7. Re-sign Chandler. He would be a great #2 tight end. Which leads me to #8.

8. Utilize two tight end sets more frequently. This is a running team. That's our strength. Make life easier on EJ while he makes his transition. Get rid of TJ.

That's about it. That's what I'd like to see. These moves can get us to the playoffs.

and how I'll do it.

1. Re-sign Byrd. Make him the highest paid safety in the game. Front load his deal so it's not cap restrictive going forward. We have plenty of cap space so we can afford it.

2. As much as this pains me to say, but I'd use the 1st rounder on a RT only if Robinson (not likely) or Matthews is available at our spot. Lewan isn't a RT in my opinion and I wouldn't move Glenn unless he is 100% happy with the move. I'd much rather have Watkins or Evans, but we can find a nice receiver in the 2nd. If we draft a wide receiver here than try to sign Streif from N.O.

3. Draft the best available wideout in round two. Jordan Matthews or Kelvin Benjamin could be there. If not then grab the TE out of Notredame, Troy Niklas, or ASJ.

4. Draft a guard in round three. If we go WR and OL with our first two picks then grab our TE here and wait for round five for the lineman.

5. Sign a MLB in free agency. Jackson, Dansby, or Riley would suffice.

6. Scrap the no-huddle. Give our defense some rest.

7. Re-sign Chandler. He would be a great #2 tight end. Which leads me to #8.

8. Utilize two tight end sets more frequently. This is a running team. That's our strength. Make life easier on EJ while he makes his transition. Get rid of TJ.

That's about it. That's what I'd like to see. These moves can get us to the playoffs.

I like :thumbsup:

Lewen cant play RT?

Dont know if I can agree with that

The kid is too undersized for the right side, IMO. Lewan has chicken legs for someone his size and how do I say this-- he's too light in butt, lol. He's quick and has good feet which project him to be better on the left side. I'm not too high on TL.

If Byrd was the highest paid safety in the league, what in GOD'S NAME would Earl Thomas be compelled to ask for!?

Today's highest paid safety isn't tomorrow's. That's how it is. By year five of Byrd's deal he'd be a steal.

I like it for the most part. I'd love to get Robinson or Matthews to solidify the line and agree that if Lewan was the pick we'd be fools not to put him at LT and flip Glenn to RT. One thing I would do differently would be to draft a QB by the third round. I have absolutely no faith in EJ and this team has got to find a QB for Gods sake. Don't get me wrong, I still hope EJ will be the guy but I think the team needs to hedge a bit.

One more thought. Why am I seeing such an interest in acquiring an LB this off season? In today's NFL a defense will rarely have three LB's on the field and we've already got Kiko and Lawson. Seems to me the team has much greater needs than LB.

I like it for the most part. I'd love to get Robinson or Matthews to solidify the line and agree that if Lewan was the pick we'd be fools not to put him at LT and flip Glenn to RT. One thing I would do differently would be to draft a QB by the third round. I have absolutely no faith in EJ and this team has got to find a QB for Gods sake. Don't get me wrong, I still hope EJ will be the guy but I think the team needs to hedge a bit.

One more thought. Why am I seeing such an interest in acquiring an LB this off season? In today's NFL a defense will rarely have three LB's on the field and we've already got Kiko and Lawson. Seems to me the team has much greater needs than LB.

I agree. If AJ McCarron is on the board in the 4th, we HAVE to take him. I might even consider drafting him in the 3rd. I haven't given up hope on EJ yet, but a little competition doesn't hurt.

As far as the need for a linebacker goes, what other reason is there that our run D is so bad? We have a great front four. Lawson and Kiko are good. Why do we struggle there? Is it because our offense can't sustain long drives? Is it personnel? Both?

Edited by NoJustice

I agree. If AJ McCarron is on the board in the 4th, we HAVE to take him. I might even consider drafting him in the 3rd. I haven't given up hope on EJ yet, but a little competition doesn't hurt.

As far as the need for a linebacker goes, what other reason is there that our run D is so bad? We have a great front four. Lawson and Kiko are good. Why do we struggle there? Is it because our offense can't sustain long drives? Is it personnel? Both?

I can't imagine its the linebackers. Kiko was phenomenal in run support for the bulk of the year. He got out of position a few times and gave up some huge runs but overall he was great and, with experience, will certainly fix some of the issues with giving up the big play. Manny was solid too. Can't really put it on him. Is adding another LB that might get 20% of the snaps the answer? I think it was more of a scheme issue and allowing the big play far too often. But then again, I'm just a long suffering fan and have very little technical knowledge of scheme.

If a guy can't play right tackle, what the he!! do we want him for?

Glenn is playing well and it makes little sense to move him out right for a rookie. I'd rather have a solid swing tackle who can play both as insurance in case Glenn is unaffordable someday or injury happens as well as get some mobility and edge setting on the other side to make spiller more effective. I feel like all his long runs were to Glenn's side.

Once you do that see about moving Hairston to guard...

I want to see the o line as the strength of the team

I can't imagine its the linebackers. Kiko was phenomenal in run support for the bulk of the year. He got out of position a few times and gave up some huge runs but overall he was great and, with experience, will certainly fix some of the issues with giving up the big play. Manny was solid too. Can't really put it on him. Is adding another LB that might get 20% of the snaps the answer? I think it was more of a scheme issue and allowing the big play far too often. But then again, I'm just a long suffering fan and have very little technical knowledge of scheme.

One sure fire way of improving our run defense would be to score more points on offense. If you're playing with the lead teams will have to throw more and run less against you. That's why I favor addressing the offense heavily in the offseason via draft and free agency.

If a guy can't play right tackle, what the he!! do we want him for?

Glenn is playing well and it makes little sense to move him out right for a rookie. I'd rather have a solid swing tackle who can play both as insurance in case Glenn is unaffordable someday or injury happens as well as get some mobility and edge setting on the other side to make spiller more effective. I feel like all his long runs were to Glenn's side.

Once you do that see about moving Hairston to guard...

I want to see the o line as the strength of the team

You make good points, but my thinking is While Glenn certainly has played well at LT, he's actually more suited to RT. And Lewan probably could play RT, but he's more suited for LT. With just Glenn on the team it made sense for him to play LT because he was so much better than the alternative. Add Lewan and that's no longer the case.

As soon as you flip Glenn to RT, it another two years or so when his contract is up, he will bolt. He's proven he can play LT so will want to be paid as one. So unless you're willing to pay Glenn LT money to play RT, he will leave, I promise you that, he's not stupid. So then we'll be having another discussion on drafting a someone to play RT.

Any likely someone will suggest moving the current LT to RT!

As soon as you flip Glenn to RT, it another two years or so when his contract is up, he will bolt. He's proven he can play LT so will want to be paid as one. So unless you're willing to pay Glenn LT money to play RT, he will leave, I promise you that, he's not stupid. So then we'll be having another discussion on drafting a someone to play RT.

Any likely someone will suggest moving the current LT to RT!

Another good point. I think I'll just hope that Robinson or Matthews is there.

Another good point. I think I'll just hope that Robinson or Matthews is there.

There's a pretty good chance that Matthews will be there. We need Bortles and Barr to both get drafted prior to our pick for that to happen. In no particular order I see Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Manziel, Bridgewater, and Robinson all going in the top eight.

Lewen cant play RT?

Dont know if I can agree with that

I know I don't agree with it either.

Taylor Lewan 6'7''309 lbs

Erik Pears 6'8'' 316 lbs

Lewan ran a 4.87 in the combine. He can play on either side, and I would think the bills would start him at RT. In case of an injury to Glenn, Lewan could step into the LT position without a big drop off. He won't get past the NY Giants at 12, and could go as high as the Falcons at 7.

For whatever reason the QB's are dropping and O linemen are moving up in the draft. I imagine things will keep changing as we get closer to the draft.

From WalterFootball.com ,

" It wouldn't be surprising if there is talk of Lewan moving to right tackle in the NFL during the lead up to the 2014 NFL Draft. That could be his best fit and make him more dominant. Most offensive linemen of his stature are right tackles."

http://walterfootbal...t2014tlewan.php

Edited by FeartheLosing

I know I don't agree with it either.

Taylor Lewan 6'7''309 lbs

Erik Pears 6'8'' 316 lbs

Lewan ran a 4.87 in the combine. He can play on either side, and I would think the bills would start him at RT. In case of an injury to Glenn, Lewan could step into the LT position without a big drop off. He won't get past the NY Giants at 12, and could go as high as the Falcons at 7.

For whatever reason the QB's are dropping and O linemen are moving up in the draft. I imagine things will keep changing as we get closer to the draft.

From WalterFootball.com ,

" It wouldn't be surprising if there is talk of Lewan moving to right tackle in the NFL during the lead up to the 2014 NFL Draft. That could be his best fit and make him more dominant. Most offensive linemen of his stature are right tackles."

http://walterfootbal...t2014tlewan.php

My opinion is no different than any other. It's just an opinion. I could be wrong. I don't like him at RT. Pears is a horrible comparison because he can't run block worth a lick.

I kinda like # 8 .

generally speaking you seem to be heading the team in the right direction

I think number five is more important to resolve than you do though. I would love a Dansby here. But money could get tight after Byrds signing ?

My opinion is no different than any other. It's just an opinion. I could be wrong. I don't like him at RT. Pears is a horrible comparison because he can't run block worth a lick.

Pears was mucho better two seasons ago. His game fell off sharply this past season. Very interesting how the Bills value him and is there more to the story ? Injury , play calling , Urbik ... Chandler cant block...

I kinda like # 8 .

generally speaking you seem to be heading the team in the right direction

I think number five is more important to resolve than you do though. I would love a Dansby here. But money could get tight after Byrds signing ?

Pears was mucho better two seasons ago. His game fell off sharply this past season. Very interesting how the Bills value him and is there more to the story ? Injury , play calling , Urbik ... Chandler cant block...

MLBers don't cost too much money and the Bills are in excellent shape regarding the cap.

The Bills just need to fill the holes at MLB, OG, & OT in free agency. These 3 positions are usually not bank breakers.

#1-Ot like Strief or even a vet like Eric Winston would be great. Especially a guy like Winston he played real strong in 2nd half of last season. Adding a vet like Winston would also allow us to draft a RT in the middle rounds of the draft. Rt's grow on trees in the middle rounds. We can easily find one to develop for a season or maybe even see if Hairston to comes bk at peak level. This type of move keeps things flexible for the Dougie Combo.

#2- Sign G Schwartz from Kc, this signing will be in the 5mil per yr range but is well worth it. It Solidifys the Left side of our line for yrs to come with Nasty huge road graders. This pkup also guves us flexibility in the draft. We could also load up on guards as well as tackles in the middle rounds. A perfect player in the 3rd round would be Cyril Richardson. Put him at Rg and our line will be young large & Nasty, That's the way Marrone envisions his line.

#3- Go after a Thumper 2 down MLB, I would target Perry Riley or Akeem Jordan both players will not get alot of money and great against the run.

If the Bills can make these 3 solid but not cap killing moves. We can go into the draft shopping for difference makers talent as in Big Mike or Watkins. I guarantee one of them will be there when we pk. Most likely Big Mike which I have no problem with this pk. In the 2nd round go get us that Big Te ASJ or Nicklas.

The Bills are in great position this off-season is very important to start winning now. If not we will start losing all our players when they hit free agency cause no one will want to stick around to lose and not go to playoffs.

Lets go Bills get hrre done!!