Friday Weigh in

Don't mean to sound pessimistic,Nick, but that sounds too drastic a loss too early for long term results. Be careful and excersize. Good luck!

213266[/snapback]

I know - its a lot to lose huh?

Last time I did WW i lost the same amount each week (about 2.5-4lbs a week) and lost a total for 75lbs. I but 45 back on but not until I had stayed at a low weight for over a year - only when I went back to chocolate and eating what I liked did I put weight back on.

I excersize at the gym 4 times a week doing cardi as well as a weights programme and play football (undersized injury prone Guard) on Sundays...

Thanks for the concern - but I am ok!

I know - its a lot to lose huh?

Last time I did WW i lost the same amount each week (about 2.5-4lbs a week) and lost a total for 75lbs. I but 45 back on but not until I had stayed at a low weight for over a year - only when I went back to chocolate and eating what I liked did I put weight back on.

I excersize at the gym 4 times a week doing cardi as well as a weights programme and play football (undersized injury prone Guard) on Sundays...

Thanks for the concern - but I am ok!

213318[/snapback]

I am also doing WW. I lost 6.25 at my first weekly weigh in. People always lose more weight at first because of water weight, but I feel pretty good nonetheless. Energy level is up and I am exercising again.

Hey nick, how much is that in stone? Too lazy to look it up. My guess is a stone is 25 lbs, making you 10 stone. Am I close?

213347[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH - gasp - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10 stone? I've never been 10 stone. I think I was born heavier than 10 stone!!

1 Stone = 14 lbs. Thus 229.5lbs = 16st 5.5lbs.

I'm aiming to be under 16 again in 3 weeks max.

224.5, down from 229 last week.

That's a lot of weight. Two reasons for it:

1. Running, dieting, water weight at the start.

2. I was sick as a DOG last weekend. Couldn't keep anything down. Most of it actually came off during what I think was a short bout with the flu.

-Jeff

After eating and drinking way too much last Sunday, I found myself sitting on my couch that night feeling like absolutely sh-- while trying to get my 5 year old to stop making fun of my "big belly."

So, Monday morning I weighed in at 208, started WW, and hoped for the best. Coincidentally, I got a call from my doctor on Tuesday with the results of my recent physical. He said that my blood sugar was a bit high, my cholesterol was moderately high (238), and my triglycerides were way high (598). Said that I had a month to start eating better and exercising before my next blood test. If the tryglyceride level is still high, we would then need to talk meds. :D F that.

With all that riding on me, I've been really good this week (a solid start to overcoming my snacking weaknesses). I joined a gym yesterday, and will make my first visit there tonight.

And just based on my better eating habits this week, I'm down from 208 to 200. My goal is 170 (I'm 5'9").

Keep up the good work guys!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH -  gasp -  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10 stone? I've never been 10 stone. I think I was born heavier than 10 stone!!

1 Stone  = 14 lbs. Thus 229.5lbs = 16st 5.5lbs.

I'm aiming to be under 16 again in 3 weeks max.

213387[/snapback]

I guess 16 stone sounds better than 229lbs? But going the other way, rather say I lost 14 lbs than just one teeny stone

I guess 16 stone sounds better than 229lbs? But going the other way, rather say I lost 14 lbs than just one teeny stone

213466[/snapback]

I dunno 16st sounds heavy to me... and losing a stone would be great. I am halfway there!

Aiming for 13st 6lbs. Thats 188 - I'd take 190. I am 6'0 and broad anyway - so can carry additional weight.

Gotta get ripped at the same time tho - I want guns like Ed Hochuli come next spring.

I am also doing WW. I lost 6.25 at my first weekly weigh in. People always lose more weight at first because of water weight, but I feel pretty good nonetheless. Energy level is up and I am exercising again.

213322[/snapback]

Do you guys pay a monthly fee for Weight Watchers. Wifey was looking into it, and if I recall, it has a fee attached to it???

First, to those saying "don't expect that every week" or "it's just water weight", I'd say blow it out your pie hole...

Nick, congrats... its one of the frigging hardest things in the world to do (and I'm trying - just want to lose like 12 pounds, but it's killing me).

Good job man, keep it up...

I pay weekly - it's about £5 - so $12 or so...

May be different over there tho.

213659[/snapback]

I go to Weight Watchers here in NJ. I too pay $12 a week.....

They say it's the best plan. I learned a lot about the type of food I should be eating.

Weekends are tough for me though.

Good luck to all!

tmk-nj

... its one of the frigging hardest things in the world to do (and I'm trying - just want to lose like 12 pounds, but it's killing me).

213668[/snapback]

You want tough?!? Here I am starting to diet, and at the same time, my wife's got one in the oven, so she's snacking like a fiend just to keep the nausau at bay! :D