Need some Help - Relocating

CountDorkula

Howdy all,

Im preliminary talks with my company, I may be headed south for the Warm weather (or ice storms :doh: )

Is anyone from or near, or know anything about the Atlanta area, specifically, south of the city. I'm talking Tyrone, Fayetville, etc.

If anyone could provide any assistance on what you know of the area, which areas to stay out of, good areas for shopping, eating, etc. I am trying to get the lay of the land before I make this decision.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Howdy all,

Im preliminary talks with my company, I may be headed south for the Warm weather (or ice storms :doh: )

Is anyone from or near, or know anything about the Atlanta area, specifically, south of the city. I'm talking Tyrone, Fayetville, etc.

If anyone could provide any assistance on what you know of the area, which areas to stay out of, good areas for shopping, eating, etc. I am trying to get the lay of the land before I make this decision.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Send a PM to Cugalabanza.....

Also, you looking for nightlife or have a family (schools/suburbs/etc) and where exactly is the office you'll be located in. I had (still have) a house in Sharpsburg which as right up against Tyrone/Peachtree City/Newnan so know the area well.

Edited by Kevbeau

Why not closer to the city? It gets country quick in some places. You would still not be very from a mall or strip mall and stuff, but what is in Tyrone and Fayetteville area?

The office I would be locating too would be in Tyrone, GA

I wouldnt want venture too far fro that area

Also, you looking for nightlife or have a family (schools/suburbs/etc) and where exactly is the office you'll be located in. I had (still have) a house in Sharpsburg which as right up against Tyrone/Peachtree City/Newnan so know the area well.

Honesty, The club scene is not much my thing anymore. Im actually starting to grow up a little. Like I mentioned above, the office is in Tyrone. I don't mind country at all, but would like to be somewhat close to civilization.

Not that great.

http://thevarsity.com/

Zorba's without the ambiance.

Just trying to help.

The Varsity blows. I would rather eat the chili cheese pups from Krystal.

Brandi's World Famous Hot Dogs are much better, and consistently ranks near the top as Atlanta's best hot dog.

For those transplants looking for a little taste of Buffalo, NY, Barkers Red Hots serves up charcoal grilled Sahlen's.

The office I would be locating too would be in Tyrone, GA

I wouldnt want venture too far fro that area

Honesty, The club scene is not much my thing anymore. Im actually starting to grow up a little. Like I mentioned above, the office is in Tyrone. I don't mind country at all, but would like to be somewhat close to civilization.

Surrounding area is typical suburbia. Tyrone and Coweta unincorporated is a little more country. It's grown a lot in the 12 years I lived there...plenty of restaurants and shopping now. Peachtree City is the high end town around here. Highly desirable for families...everything connected by golf cart trails, upper end shops, top schools (for Georgia.) Tyrone is up and coming. Right next to PTC. If you're planning on buying a place, be aware that PTC and Tyrone (Fulton County) will be high property taxes for Georgia (still cheap compared to WNY) Where I lived in Sharpsburg, I was in between all the "major" towns in this area, in a decent school system (Northgate) and you can get a 2000 sq. ft. house on 1.5 acres+ for about 160K. Taxes will be around $1500/yr. Apartment options will be somewhat limited but finding a house to rent shouldn't be an issue. Anything south of Newnan/PTC you're getting out in country...a mixed bag of nice horse farms and trailers. If you go east of PTC, you'll have to commute through it and deal with the traffic lights, so in my mind not worth it. Fayetteville (east of PTC) is nice, but crime rates go up as you get closer to Clayton county. If traffic cooperates you can be in the middle of Atlanta in about a half hour to 40 minutes if need be from all these areas. I live in Chattahoochee Hills now and work in Midtown. Commute is 45min as long as someone doesn't screw it up for the rest of us. If you're single and not concerned about schools, I'd look at Sharpsburg/Newnan are to save money...nothing within walking distance down here. PTC is highly desirable for families, so while you'll pay more to buy/live there, it should return well considering where the market is at. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions or we can speak via phone if you'd like. Sorry for the crappy run on punctuation, but the board won't let me it enter and start a new paragraph. Edited by Kevbeau

be aware that PTC and Tyrone (Fulton County) will be high property taxes for Georgia (still cheap compared to WNY) Where I lived in Sharpsburg

To clarify, PTC and Tyrone are in Fayette County, not Fulton, and are situated along the Fayette - Coweta county line.

To clarify, PTC and Tyrone are in Fayette County, not Fulton, and are situated along the Fayette - Coweta county line.

True...For some reason I keep thinking Tyrone is in Fulton. Either way, the taxes are higher than Coweta.

The Varsity blows. I would rather eat the chili cheese pups from Krystal.

Brandi's World Famous Hot Dogs are much better, and consistently ranks near the top as Atlanta's best hot dog.

For those transplants looking for a little taste of Buffalo, NY, Barkers Red Hots serves up charcoal grilled Sahlen's.

Will try to remember that if work sends me that way again.

Surrounding area is typical suburbia. Tyrone and Coweta unincorporated is a little more country. It's grown a lot in the 12 years I lived there...plenty of restaurants and shopping now. Peachtree City is the high end town around here. Highly desirable for families...everything connected by golf cart trails, upper end shops, top schools (for Georgia.) Tyrone is up and coming. Right next to PTC. If you're planning on buying a place, be aware that PTC and Tyrone (Fulton County) will be high property taxes for Georgia (still cheap compared to WNY) Where I lived in Sharpsburg, I was in between all the "major" towns in this area, in a decent school system (Northgate) and you can get a 2000 sq. ft. house on 1.5 acres+ for about 160K. Taxes will be around $1500/yr. Apartment options will be somewhat limited but finding a house to rent shouldn't be an issue. Anything south of Newnan/PTC you're getting out in country...a mixed bag of nice horse farms and trailers. If you go east of PTC, you'll have to commute through it and deal with the traffic lights, so in my mind not worth it. Fayetteville (east of PTC) is nice, but crime rates go up as you get closer to Clayton county. If traffic cooperates you can be in the middle of Atlanta in about a half hour to 40 minutes if need be from all these areas. I live in Chattahoochee Hills now and work in Midtown. Commute is 45min as long as someone doesn't screw it up for the rest of us. If you're single and not concerned about schools, I'd look at Sharpsburg/Newnan are to save money...nothing within walking distance down here. PTC is highly desirable for families, so while you'll pay more to buy/live there, it should return well considering where the market is at. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions or we can speak via phone if you'd like. Sorry for the crappy run on punctuation, but the board won't let me it enter and start a new paragraph.

Thanks man, much appreciated.

I have been going through all my options. If I have any more questions, I will get in touch with you.

I have the paragraph problem on my personal computer as well for some reason, so it is not only you!