Super Bowl QBs from 2001-Present

Jkgobills

Big Ben isn't mobile--never really was. But....he always knew where to find his receivers, so he could extend plays. EJ needs to know this offense far better than he did.

Remember this whopper?

“The funny thing is it’s easier to learn than the offense I had at Florida State,” Manuel, the Bills’ first round draft pick, told SiriusXM NFL Radio,according to ESPN.com. “It’s a true West Coast-type progression offense. That’s really what I wanted when I was coming through the pre-draft process. I wanted something that I could just go in and say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, check it down and run it. That’s it, it’s that simple. I love it.”

The learning curve for me is a lot shorter simply because of what I had at Florida State,” he added. “[That offense is] more complex and a little bit harder to catch on and learn. This offense is very simple. I’ve done a great job with it.”

I mean, holy cow....total delusion.

Also, Warner is a HOF lock.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Wow - Here comes the 2014 Kool-Aid!

Our QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in many of his games. Couldn't stay healthy either. Showed a lot of worrisome signs and some exciting ones as well. Nothing to feel very comfortable with if you ask me. Drafting another QB as real competition and an insurance policy that we do not wind up dressing QBs off the street again would be SMART.

Kurt Warner - HOF all the way.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

Wow - Here comes the 2014 Kool-Aid!

Our QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in many of his games. Couldn't stay healthy either. Showed a lot of worrisome signs and some exciting ones as well. Nothing to feel very comfortable with if you ask me. Drafting another QB as real competition and an insurance policy that we do not wind up dressing QBs off the street again would be SMART.

Kurt Warner - HOF all the way.

It is sort of strange that you discuss the problem of "dressing QBs off the street" and then in the next sentence name one of the all time best QBs to ever come "off the street."

I won't disagree that EJ had some rough outings but he also appeared to learn from them, which for me is the one barometer we have to work with. If he can't stay healthy that's another matter and I am sure that Whaley's front office is doing its homework on that.

The "real competition" thing - meh. I want this team believing in its QB and giving him enough reps to sink or swim.

Where we turnover the cast, coach, QB, and hope for a different result but don't get one? I hope we at least get someone as funny as Bill Murray.

It could be applied to that situation, but here I was referring to the continual "QB is/isn't essential to winning the Super Bowl" threads.

It would be useful for many situations and discussions....that's why it would be a good emoticon to have.

The key to the super bowl run for most of the "Run of the Mill" players is still that these guys had phenomenal season/post-season to put their team in that position to make the Super Bowl. Jake Delhomme, Rex Grossman and Rich Gannon (Of the top of my head) all had super seasons. Similar Flacco was super hot last year in the playoffs on the way to the SB win.

The bottom line is you still need a VERY GOOD QB On the given day. The question is is EJ consistent enough to put us over the top.

It is sort of strange that you discuss the problem of "dressing QBs off the street" and then in the next sentence name one of the all time best QBs to ever come "off the street."

I won't disagree that EJ had some rough outings but he also appeared to learn from them, which for me is the one barometer we have to work with. If he can't stay healthy that's another matter and I am sure that Whaley's front office is doing its homework on that.

The "real competition" thing - meh. I want this team believing in its QB and giving him enough reps to sink or swim.

Finding a Warner in the manner that St. Louis did could be even more rare than finding a Brady in Rd. 6. Dressing QB's off the street is not a strategy.

Many said the same thing about Losman. And btw, I said it about Rob Johnson.

Manuel in his rookie year as a starter: 58.8%, 1972 yards, 11 tds, 9 ints, 77.7 QB rating, 186 rushing yards, 2 tds, 6 fumbles, 2 GWD in 10 starts. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/ManuEJ00.htm

Losman in his first year as a starter (2nd season): 49.6%, 1340 yards, 8 tds, 8 ints, 64.9 qb rating, 154 yards rushing, 0 tds, 7 fumbles in 8 starts. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LosmJ.00.htm