FanSpeak's "On The Clock" - Try Drafting

Astrobot

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had to post this after recent FA moves. I know this is not realistic, but wow, look at this 5 round draft! Using Walter board. Think if EJ can play even average we could have a playoff chance with this lineup?

DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY

SOUTH CAROLINA

OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO

ALABAMA

ILB SHAYNE SKOV

STANFORD

G ANTHONY STEEN

ALABAMA

TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ

IOWA

OT JAKE MATTHEWS played RT for the aggies, plays RT for the bills

TEXAS A&M

LB RYAN SHAZIER well, he fell here so i took him :D - likely next to kiko in nickel packages

OHIO STATE

C MARCUS MARTIN depth inside, may be able to start at G or even unseat wood

USC

DE DEMARCUS LAWRENCE can´t have too many passrushers. value too i think

BOISE STATE

CB PHILLIP GAINES size does matter after all

RICE

DE AARON LYNCH the right round for a guy with potential mr. jauron

SOUTH FLORIDA

Off course we all know it is just a draft simulator. You do understand, we just didn't make these up from a wish list. Anything is possible. Remember before the draft, any sensible, knowledgeable draft mock would not have shown Glenn falling to the Bills in the 2nd. But he did. Many on TBD wanted the Bills to draft him in the 1st. And 3 weeks before last years draft, how many expected Geno Smith to fall all the way to the 39th pick of the 2nd round?

I know this was fun for you all, but I read this entire thread and not a single draft was realistic IMO.

Tim-

Sure. But, what is realistic is: WTF do you do when your plan goes to hell, because either somebody ahead of you went "off-plan" or somebody behind you reached for the guy you were gonna take in the next round. Do you take the guy you don't "need" even though he is far and away the BPA?

I've done this thing enough times that I've developed a whole new appreciation for how screwed up things can get.

This isn't automated fantasy drafting. That makes a whole lot more sense.

Sure. But, what is realistic is: WTF do you do when your plan goes to hell, because either somebody ahead of you went "off-plan" or somebody behind you reached for the guy you were gonna take in the next round. Do you take the guy you don't "need" even though he is far and away the BPA?

I've done this thing enough times that I've developed a whole new appreciation for how screwed up things can get.

This isn't automated fantasy drafting. That makes a whole lot more sense.

Right. The other critical issue is that these sims are running with one of three "common" boards which predetermine values and team needs for all 32 teams.

In the real world there are 32 boards with individual value rankings and team needs. It's a lot more complicated than any sim.

First draft Fans Speak

OT GREG ROBINSON

AUBURN

TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS

WASHINGTON

ILB SHAYNE SKOV

STANFORD

WR CODY LATIMER

INDIANA

RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS

OREGON

CB RICARDO ALLEN

PURDUE

Not a bad draft . Signed up for premium and it does not work :(

Draft 2 need to reset the browser accepted trade in round 2

wish I took trade back option in trade round 1 tried to do it after I saw who was available. Thought browns would accept a trade up for Watkins but did not take my offer.

took mathews over watkins, do not really see him falling to us.

OT JAKE MATTHEWS

TEXAS A&M

G DAVID YANKEY

STANFORD

ILB CHRIS BORLAND

WISCONSIN

RB LACHE SEASTRUNK

BAYLOR

WR ROB HERRON

WYOMING

DE MICHAEL SAM

MISSOURI