Vikings announce PSL costs for their new stadium

A lot of things factor in but yeah the fans take a financial hit for sure.

P. Manning as an example got paid 18 million for the past season. This about that for a minute. Ignoring preseason and playoff games, that's more than 1 million dollars per game. That is pure insanity and that economy has to have a correction at some point I would think. Even TV advertisers are going to have to balk at some point.

I expect the bubble to pop on the NFL at some point. Cant tell when. There is just so much immersion for everyone. Fantasy leagues and Gambling. The Super Bowl is also a social event and they have tried to weave pop culture deep into it.

It just cant keep growing. I believe they are at or near a max in the US. The sites are on other countries. I guess there is nearly unlimited growth there, but I dont see it happening across the globe.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would sell out the games but 20k wouldn't show up?

Anyway, the Fenway sellout streak began in 2003 and ended early in 2013, after a single losing season---- the team came in last place in 2012.

You ever watch a Miami game or for that fact a Jets game late in season when they are out of the playoffs. They will announce the game as a sellout but there are a ton of empty seats. The team would have to manufacture sellouts I guess is what I am trying to say.

A lot. He knows his market. He doesn't instistute BS like this. The teams's debt to income isn't out of whack. These new "cathedrals for the people" come @ a price. Ralph has a lot to do with me and my family as a working people being able to enjoy a live NFL game. I have met people in Chicago that have never been to a Bears game. Heck, whole generations of people have been squeezed out of the market.

Ralph has a lot to do with how we get to see the game. Maybe onfield win-loss sucks, that can be corrected within the business model that is being run @ OBD.

Agreed one hundred percent. The bills aren't generating remotely the kind of stadium revenue of other teams. There also is a clear ecognition we haven't sold out late season games for years. . .including play off games during the Super Bowl run.