If the Bills won all 4 Super Bowls.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills would have won a few with Marino. Kelly running his own plays was impressive, but it was essentially a few plays run out of different formations, over and over again.

I think Kelly is generally over-rated among Bills fans - by 93 his arm was in a rapid decline.

He's not in my modern top ten (without even considering pre -1975 signal callers).

Edited by Wayne Fontes

Not for me, but I think the media would rank him higher on the list. Of course, I think that if the Bills had been winning Super Bowls, I do not think they would have gone to 4 straight. I think the hunger of losing in the big game was a large driver in them getting back.

I disagree the Bills were far and away the best team in the AFC those years, and it was not even close.

Bills would have won a few with Marino. Kelly running his own plays was impressive, but it was essentially a few plays run out of different formations, over and over again.

I think Kelly is generally over-rated among Bills fans - by 93 his arm was in a rapid decline.

He's not in my modern top ten (without even considering pre -1975 signal callers).

Sorry Charlie, Dan the Man was not a running game fan. Marino was overrated.

well actually keeping the wins and keeping other criteria similar

Jimbo did get hurt in 1 and Frank stepped in. so Frank would get the save and the Victory

yes, absolutely. keeping all else equal and assuming Jim didn't get hurt in any of them.

I get the point of this though, I think statistically speaking there would be a debate, but since no QB has ever won 3 in a row, let alone 4…I am not sure how there could even be a debate.

Should have been 2 of 4 (25&28). But now, 24 years removed I think the team has a stronger legacy losing 4 straight then they would have winning 1. It is amazingly difficult to go back to the Super Bowl. To lose the Super Bowl is perhaps the hardest loss in all sports; and the Bills came back 3 straight times having suffered devastating losses both by the slimmest of margins, and the biggest of blow-outs. No team has gone to 4 straight and I doubt any will. The dedication, commitment and fortitude of those Bills is honorable.

I love those Bills teams as much as anybody but the truth is they weren't even close in 3 out of those 4 Super Bowls so I'm having a hard time taking this topic seriously

Not only that, but once a team wins the SB then all of a sudden every team in the league is gunning for them, and this makes it so difficult to repeat even once.

The Bills downfall was losing OC Ted Marchibroda to the Colts, and then losing Bill Polian.

it's so hard to have this discussion in football. there are so many factors that go into winning a single game it becomes unfair to put it all on the QB - whether it's a win or a loss. Putting it all on the QB (win or lose) is just lazy reporting/commentating. It's easy to do and that's why it's done and it makes for great radio/television.

The thing is I don't even find it interesting in that format.

"See I'm putting X ahead of Y because rangz!". How is that interesting? Anyone can count rings.

I like Aikman more than most, but the guy who said he's on a higher tier than Manning/Elway/Marino...seriously?