Update: Keeping An Eye On Toronto's Ambitions

I tend to agree a move to TO would kill the franchise. Niagara Falls just makes sense. Keep the fan base, help regionalization a bit, help boost that area which could in turn become a potential bidder for a Super Bowl.

Sorry, but Niagara Falls makes no sense at all. A waterfront downtown stadium in Buffalo where there is more economic activity makes sense.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Toronto Metro population clearly is not interested in the NFL....football fans have the CFL, I have engaged in arguments with CFL fans.....not going to turn those folks away from their game (3 downs, really, oh well) Media types in Canada might covet NFL level exposure, but it would be a long long road in my view, and suggest it would be a bad move to try to transplant the NFL to Toronto.

Sorry, but Niagara Falls makes no sense at all. A waterfront downtown stadium in Buffalo where there is more economic activity makes sense.

A waterfront stadium will be a diaster....the infrastructure to get folks in and out just isn't there. Not enough roads, period. The Sabres have maybe 20K folks, and that crowd ties it up pretty good. Now, think 5 times that many folks. Just isn't going to work, and folks will stay away after one taste of that traffic mess. So, I guess I advocate inland somewhere........if the current stadium can't be make to work. Batavia makes some sense to me....Niagara Falls a lot less, even though I live in Niagara county. Canadian fans coming now could still get to the Falls easy, but not going to attract more fans from Canada, not any easier than Buffalo. Rochester fans are real Bills fans (and others points east) Lets make our bet on them....for a successful regionalization.

How can you be so sure? They seem to support their own (CFL) team, what makes you think they wouldn't also support their own NFL team, as opposed to "someone else's" team?

I agree.

And where is the novelty for the Toronto fan to see the Buffalo Bills play in a terrible NFL stadium when they can drive to Western New York and see the Bills play in a better atmosphere?