Un-Special Teams officially Ranked 31st!!!

Rick Gosselin releases his official rankings of all Special Teams:

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/6628/bills-plummet-in-gosselin-rankings

http://www.dallasnew...#ssStory1380773

Now if this isnt enough motivation to can our ST Coach, then I dont know what will be.

Edited by rsxfirefighter

Why do people think that player quality on offense and defense matter, but think that Special Teams is 100% coaching?

Now, I am not saying that Danny Crossman shouldn't be scrutinized for the poor "teams" last year, but maybe there is some truth to him not having a good "core' of players dedicated to Special Teams.

Also, I think he had to deal with a LOT of turnover and new players on special teams, especially early in the year when it seemed that every DB on the roster was out injured. Early, the Bills were starting backup-backups at CB and S and filling in special teams with guys from the practice squad or guys just signed off the street.

One more time, Crossman should be scrutinized. I am just saying that players also have a big hand in special teams success.

Why do people think that player quality on offense and defense matter, but think that Special Teams is 100% coaching?

Now, I am not saying that Danny Crossman shouldn't be scrutinized for the poor "teams" last year, but maybe there is some truth to him not having a good "core' of players dedicated to Special Teams.

Also, I think he had to deal with a LOT of turnover and new players on special teams, especially early in the year when it seemed that every DB on the roster was out injured. Early, the Bills were starting backup-backups at CB and S and filling in special teams with guys from the practice squad or guys just signed off the street.

One more time, Crossman should be scrutinized. I am just saying that players also have a big hand in special teams success.

I agree but it is similar to those that defended Wannstedt last year. The players had some to do with the poor performance but the coaching had more to do with it. I feel the same way with Crossman. It's not like all of a sudden McKelvin is a bad return man. Crossman is awful.

McKelvin averaged something like 17 yards per punt return in 2011 and 2012. In 2013, he averaged, I think, 5.6 yds. That's a dramatic drop off. Did McKelvin suddenly become slow and clumsy? Or did the coaching change?