Just when teams were focused on Brady...

The old browns are the Ravens! In BB defense , the old browns owner was going to move the team and sold BB down the river! Also the Brown's fans were still in love with broken down Bernie Kosar who could no longer play QB! They hated BB for bringing in Vinny T. BB has learned a lot and with all the injuries he completely changed his team concept. Remember that in the 2 SB losses to the Giants , NE was ahead with 2 minutes to go. In the 1st game it took a dropped sure interception, a miraculous caught pass, and a non call of in the grasp.Also Brady had injured his foot in the last game. In the second game , Gronk had injured his foot in the AFC champ game and was limping all game and could not really contribute.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DA dismissed the charge. There is no DUI conviction.

Has Goodell suspended Lynch for his DUI--it was 18 months ago?

As you may recall, before he was traded (and when he was still a Bill, IIRC), Lynch got 3 games off from the League for stuff that got him 0 days in jail, one of which was a driving-related citation and the other a gun charge, with a possible marijuana aspect to it, although I think the dope thing never went anywhere and he was never charged for it. Even on the gun charge, if I'm remembering correctly, Lynch did indeed have the necessary permits for the gun as well, but not to travel with it. That got him 3 games off from the Commish, yet no jail time.

Dennard's crimes are serious enough to get him 60 days in jail for two separate incidents, yet no suspension from the League. Does that sound right to you from an evenhanded justice aspect? It certainly doesn't to me.

In terms of Lynch's DUI, he hasn't gone to trial yet, so hasn't been convicted or sentenced, unlike Dennard, who pled guilty to the lesser charge of failing to take a breathalyzer (gee, I wonder why he did that?). He has been convicted or pled guilty to the punching the cop in the face charge and the DUI/breathalyzer charge was a violation of his parole, getting him sentenced to 30 more days to go with the original 30 for punching the cop. The Dennard stuff's all in the article I linked to on him.

Edited by MattM

As you may recall, before he was traded (and when he was still a Bill, IIRC), Lynch got 3 games off from the League for stuff that got him 0 days in jail, one of which was a driving-related citation and the other a gun charge, with a possible marijuana aspect to it, although I think the dope thing never went anywhere and he was never charged for it. Even on the gun charge, if I'm remembering correctly, Lynch did indeed have the necessary permits for the gun as well, but not to travel with it. That got him 3 games off from the Commish, yet no jail time.

Dennard's crimes are serious enough to get him 60 days in jail for two separate incidents, yet no suspension from the League. Does that sound right to you from an evenhanded justice aspect? It certainly doesn't to me.

In terms of Lynch's DUI, he hasn't gone to trial yet, so hasn't been convicted or sentenced, unlike Dennard, who pled guilty to the lesser charge of failing to take a breathalyzer (gee, I wonder why he did that?). He has been convicted or pled guilty to the punching the cop in the face charge and the DUI/breathalyzer charge was a violation of his parole, getting him sentenced to 30 more days to go with the original 30 for punching the cop. The Dennard stuff's all in the article I linked to on him.

If you have a link to a source claiming Lynch's concealed weapon was licensed to him I would like to see it.

Lynch got no suspension after admitting to a hit and run (and likely DUI). It wasn't until a month after his pleading that Lynch was suspended. Dennard may still be suspended.

If you have a link to a source claiming Lynch's concealed weapon was licensed to him I would like to see it.

Lynch got no suspension after admitting to a hit and run (and likely DUI). It wasn't until a month after his pleading that Lynch was suspended. Dennard may still be suspended.

Here you go--he pled guilty only to having a gun in a car. The other 2 gun charges were dropped. By your own logic on Dennard and his DUI above, that must mean that Marshawn didn't commit any other crime in that case. BTW, Marshawn's other issue resulted in only a traffic citation--the lowest form of a criminal law problem. He received zero, zip, zilch, nada in jail time (how our legal system measures the severity of a criminal matter), while your man Dennard got 2 months in jail, yet no suspension, even though he was sentenced 6 weeks ago. I repeat my question--does that sound like evenhanded justice to you? It certainly doesn't to me.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2009Mar05/0,4670,FBNBillsLynchArrested,00.html

Here you go--he pled guilty only to having a gun in a car. The other 2 gun charges were dropped. By your own logic on Dennard and his DUI above, that must mean that Marshawn didn't commit any other crime in that case. BTW, Marshawn's other issue resulted in only a traffic citation--the lowest form of a criminal law problem. He received zero, zip, zilch, nada in jail time (how our legal system measures the severity of a criminal matter), while your man Dennard got 2 months in jail, yet no suspension, even though he was sentenced 6 weeks ago. I repeat my question--does that sound like evenhanded justice to you? It certainly doesn't to me.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2009Mar05/0,4670,FBNBillsLynchArrested,00.html

WEO--where'd you go, man? What's the NFL waiting for? The playoffs to end?

WEO--where'd you go, man? What's the NFL waiting for? The playoffs to end?

WEO--now that the Pats*' season is over, the NFL might actually suspend Dennard. I'm sure that even as I type this the NFL is readying a 4 game suspension for him--all 4 games of the pre-season, of course!

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"--that about sums up the NFL's attitude when it comes to the Cheats*, LOL!!!

WEO--now that the Pats*' season is over, the NFL might actually suspend Dennard. I'm sure that even as I type this the NFL is readying a 4 game suspension for him--all 4 games of the pre-season, of course!

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"--that about sums up the NFL's attitude when it comes to the Cheats*, LOL!!!

If I was to look back at, say, your last 100 posts, what percent do you think would refer to the patriots?

A fairly high number, as they've been a topic of conversation since the Bills went out of it and their season ended.

Still no answer to my schooling of you above, or any response on the topic we were discussing, just more changing of the subject, I see.

Two simple questions to you--should the NFL suspend Dennard? Second question--if they don't, what does that mean about equal treatment of teams in the NFL, especially considering that others have been suspended multiple games for far lesser offenses?

A fairly high number, as they've been a topic of conversation since the Bills went out of it and their season ended.

Still no answer to my schooling of you above, or any response on the topic we were discussing, just more changing of the subject, I see.

Two simple questions to you--should the NFL suspend Dennard? Second question--if they don't, what does that mean about equal treatment of teams in the NFL, especially considering that others have been suspended multiple games for far lesser offenses?

I could go back 500 posts--it's all you talk about.

Of course he should be suspended. Who has been "suspended multiple times" for "far lesser offenses" than smacking a cop?

Your "schooling" comment was a goof though--thanks for the chuckle!

I see you don't follow the Bills--Marshawn Lynch got 3 games off for "crimes" ( more like citations) that he got no jail time for. That's what were discussing. That impacted us by lessening his trade value.

You never answered my 2d question-- what does it mean with respect to equal treatment if Dennard is never suspended?

I'd also say "schooled " is apt. You asked for a link--I gave you one and you disappeared....

I see you don't follow the Bills--Marshawn Lynch got 3 games off for "crimes" ( more like citations) that he got no jail time for. That's what were discussing. That impacted us by lessening his trade value.

You never answered my 2d question-- what does it mean with respect to equal treatment if Dennard is never suspended?

I'd also say "schooled " is apt. You asked for a link--I gave you one and you disappeared....

As a follower of the Bills, you know that Lynch hit and run and left the scene of an accident (crime), then he didn't cooperate with a police investigation for days later--until the cops floated a possible obstruction of justice charge. In the end, with all evidence of DUI long gone, he pled to a lesser violation. Most people, including Goodell, assumed he had been drinking when he plowed the lady down, then delayed any contact with the cops until his BAL was comfortably back to normal (worse than "refusing a breathalizer")--yet Goodell chose to sit Lynch down and give him a warning.

Then, despite the warningLynch gets busted on a FELONY gun charge (Loaded and concealed) in a weed smoke filled, blunt littered tagless car. It was pleaded down to a lesser gun charge. He was suspended.

Dennard, while fighting another man outside a bar, punched a cop who intervened. Recently, he was arrested under suspicion of DUI. Without evidence, the case was dropped.

So, by your estimation, a hit and run (and likely DUI) and a felony gun charge are "far lesser" offenses than punching a cop trying to break up a fight and a likely DUI?

That's crazy.

And why don't you wait to see if he is suspended before you ask me if his nonsuspension is fair?

I repeat what I said above (and the facts)--Lynch pled guilty to a traffic citation (not even a misdemeanor) and as the link showed above, a charge of not having the paperwork to carry the gun in the car. All the rest of your post is your (and the NFL's supposition). The legal system saw fit to give Lynch no jail time, yet the NFL gave him 3 games off.

Dennard, by contrast, was convicted or pled to two crimes that led to his being sentenced to a far harsher criminal sentence--2 months in jail, including for punching a cop and violating probation by being arrested for DUI (funny how you assume Lynch must have been drunk, but make no such assumption about Dennard). Yet to date he's gotten NOTHING from the NFL, even though he pled and was sentenced Dec 5th. What are they waiting for? I'd argue that by waiting until after the playoffs to suspend him, they've already done the Pats* a huge favor. Not suspending him at all, which is quite possible , would be a joke, but wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'd like your answer up front to my 2d question (even in hypothetical form) so you can't wriggle off later when he's never suspended.

Dennard punched a cop. Dumb move as that will never get pleaded down. But it's not like hitting and running from an accident after a night at the bar in a guy who was re-arrested on a DUI in Seattle. You are one of the few people alive who doesn't think Lynch was drinking on that particular night that he hit someone and wouldn't talk with cops for days afterwards.

I said Dennard was "likely DUI". I thought with that you could figure out that I thought he was....likely DUI.

Likewise, since I already said I think he should be suspended, I thought you could conclude that I would disagree with the decision if he is not suspended.

I guess with all that "schooling" you have been doing, I assumed my answers were pretty obvious.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Great--then we're agreed that if the League doesn't suspend Dennard a good number of games (at least what Lynch got for far lesser offenses in the eyes of the criminal justice system) then the League is (once again) favoring the Pats*. Personally, I'd say they've done that already by not suspending him during the playoffs or the end of last season. Let's see if normal justice prevails or we get a rerun of the Wilfork matter I linked to above....

IT ALL FALLS APART.

the great pretenders!!

They relied on the run and LOST

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

After the game, I looked through my mail and my Sports Illustrated had Blount on the cover. The SI Jinx lives on!

Did anybody say why he only had 6 yards yesterday??

After the game, I looked through my mail and my Sports Illustrated had Blount on the cover. The SI Jinx lives on!

They went away from the run pretty early yesterday--he had 6 yards on 5 carries. I think they feared getting outshot in a gunfight with Manning and so abandoned the run when it didn't work in the 1st quarter. Blount's a FA, so will be interesting to see what those 2 good games did to his market value. If they try to lowball him, he's gone IMHO....

They stuffed the run, the Putrids fell behind by (was it) 3 scores and then they HAD to pass.

13 - 3 at the half, and 20 - 3 at the end of the 3rd.

The PREVENT D prevented the Donks from keeping the Putz to 10 points or less.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever