Playoffs: 49ers at Panthers

Just Jack

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone mention the pisspoor job of the Refs yesterday?

On the scrape his foot TD the Refs FAILED to FLAG Harbaugh for being on the field of play or (if it was the same play) the 12 men in the huddle the Refs FAILED to FLAG!.

And the cockiness of the 49ers was irritating to watch. Unsportsmanlike conduct the Refs FAILED to FLAG.

hi-res-8109850_crop_north.jpg?w=759&h=506&q=75

I hope the Seahawks chew them up and spit them out.

These fair weather fans here are great. They act like it was nobbigbdeal. They ball "knew" they were going to lose. Its pathetic.

On the scrape his foot TD the Refs FAILED to FLAG Harbaugh for being on the field of play or (if it was the same play) the 12 men in the huddle the Refs FAILED to FLAG!.

And the cockiness of the 49ers was irritating to watch. Unsportsmanlike conduct the Refs FAILED to FLAG.

hi-res-8109850_crop_north.jpg?w=759&h=506&q=75

harbaugh did get flagged. The panthers beat thrmsrlves. The refs did very little to change the outcome or manipulate. And that bs hit to the head against cam was more then a makeup

My bad Hardpaws got flagged and it cost the team NADA. If you want them to learn, take the TD away and 10 seconds off the clock

He was screaming at a ref and ranting like a 4 year old.

He's a professional is he not? Then act like one.

I'm not making this stuff up just to whine

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/did-referees-cost-carolina-shot-nfc-championship-000842001--nfl.html

The Carolina Panthers lost to the San Francisco 49ers 23-10 on Sunday, victims of their own failure to execute and to contain a 49ers team before it could find its footing.

But for Panther fans, and for at least one outspoken member of the team, the referees must share some of the blame.

Oh please. Yes I admit the refs favored SF a bit. They then shut out the Panthers completely in the second half. In Cam Newton's first playoff game against this 49er unit they had a very difficult task in winning - even at home.

As far as cockiness - the 49ers were just reacting to what Carolina was dishing out. Carolina came out ridiculously aggressive and tried to punch SF in the mouth. Problem with that approach was they got flagged for it a few times that led directly to points allowed and SF is probably the toughest and most battle-tested team in the league at this point - they're not going to be intimidated.

Harbaugh? - Yeah he's animated, and he complains to the officials constantly. I can see where opposing fans hate him.

Kaepernick? He keeps his cool on the field. He has his little celebrations. But he seems pretty humble to me in interviews. And he's a great QB.

Officiating was a bit one sided in my opinion. :thumbdown:

Penalizing One team for an intentional head butt after the play was over and not the other was just wrong.

Are we grading the degree of malice or force used in a head butt now?

Edited by dog14787

There were a couple of questionable calls and non-calls in the 49ers' favor. Carolina still would not have won even with every single one of those calls going their way. They couldn't stop Boldin. They couldn't stop Davis when they absolutely had to before the half. They couldn't stop Gore. Kapernick didn't even need to run for yardage himself except for one TD scamper on which he was barely touched. The Panthers were thoroughly dominated the entire second half.

SF stuffed Carolina's offense twice at the goal-line and allowed only 3 points. Cam Newton could not evade the rush and was sacked 5 times. He was intercepted twice. His longest run was for 11 yards. The next leading rusher for Carolina was Tolbert with 20 yards. They got beat. Badly.

But you go ahead and feel bad about the refs' calls if you need to.

Officiating was a bit one sided in my opinion. :thumbdown:

Penalizing One team for an intentional head butt after the play was over and not the other was just wrong.

Are we grading the degree of malice or force used in a head butt now?

that got me, too. A few times Boldin got in Keeks face and hit facemasks. Nothing done

Keuchly got used and abused all day yesterday. The dude can't cover good enough to stop one good TE and one good physical WR. Having to do both? No way. And he wasn't even talking ****.

However the best was when the Carolina CB was talking **** late in the 3rd or early 4th and Kaep just points to the scoreboard.

There were a couple of questionable calls and non-calls in the 49ers' favor. Carolina still would not have won even with every single one of those calls going their way. They couldn't stop Boldin. They couldn't stop Davis when they absolutely had to before the half. They couldn't stop Gore. Kapernick didn't even need to run for yardage himself except for one TD scamper on which he was barely touched. The Panthers were thoroughly dominated the entire second half.

SF stuffed Carolina's offense twice at the goal-line and allowed only 3 points. Cam Newton could not evade the rush and was sacked 5 times. He was intercepted twice. His longest run was for 11 yards. The next leading rusher for Carolina was Tolbert with 20 yards. They got beat. Badly.

But you go ahead and feel bad about the refs' calls if you need to.

Footballs a game of momentum,

keep it fair,

that's not asking to much is it...

You mean Davis. Crabtree was the one player that Carolina was able to shut down (3 rec., 26 yards).

the worst part is that SF is not a very good team. They're just good at winning.

If that doesn't make sense then I will rephrase it. Getting guys like Crab tree, Davis and Boldin to match up against ILB's over and over again is a great way to win. They did not even bother going after Carolina CB's. Just the weak S units and LB's.

On D they barely even rushed 3 or 4. They just swarmed the d backfield and Carolina had no answers.

Next week it will be fun to see. I could see SF beating NE but not Denver. I could see NE besting Seattle. I could see Seattle beating Denver. I can't see the opposite of those.

the worst part is that SF is not a very good team. They're just good at winning.

Please correct me if I am way out of line here....but what exactly is the NUMBER ONE goal of any NFL franchise?

Sorry if you hate them but you don't get to three straight NFC Championship games without being a "good team."

I will counter with: actually, yes - they are a very good team. You don't think Boldin is good? Davis? Kaepernick? Crabtree? How about Bowman and Willis at inside LB. Aldon Smith? They aren't that good either? Get the F out of here...

Edited by 49er Fan

Please correct me if I am way out of line here....but what exactly is the NUMBER ONE goal of any NFL franchise?

Sorry if you hate them but you don't get to three straight NFC Championship games without being a "good team."

I will counter with: actually, yes - they are a very good team. You don't think Boldin is good? Davis? Kaepernick? Crabtree? How about Bowman and Willis at inside LB. Aldon Smith? They aren't that good either? Get the F out of here...

Now THAT takes some balls! Take off your Joe Montana jersey and follow your own advice.

Lol why is there a 49er fan here arguing with bills fans about the Carolina game!?!? As for the 49ers, they are a very good team. But like the Seahawks, they have a short window with very overrated QBs in my opinion

Lol! I don't know!

I can buy Wilson as overrated (2-1 all-time in playoff games) but Kaepernick is building a legacy in the mold of Montana and Young. 6-2 now in the playoffs, three straight NFC Championship games and a road win at Green Bay. Road wins also @ ATL and @CAR.

And maybe @SEA.

Now THAT takes some balls! Take off your Joe Montana jersey and follow your own advice.

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I meant it as "come on!" or "how f*cking stupid are you?"

Sorry, but the inevitable "outcome" was a beat-down with Carolina on the losing end.

And for the record, the refs did not call the 12-men penalty because the ball was not yet marked for play:

http://www.csnbayare...s-12-men-huddle

BS.

Then why didn't the announcers clarify themselves? WTR to the 12 men - I am only repeating what the "experts" on TV had said.

Do you ever quit whining about the referees?

I will stop

When these part time screw ups stop screwing up calls week after week, and when they stop playing favorites.

all too many don't give a ship until it affects their team.

Lol why is there a 49er fan here arguing with bills fans about the Carolina game!?!? As for the 49ers, they are a very good team. But like the Seahawks, they have a short window with very overrated QBs in my opinion

shhh I'm having fun

Lol! I don't know!

I can buy Wilson as overrated (2-1 all-time in playoff games) but Kaepernick is building a legacy in the mold of Montana and Young. 6-2 now in the playoffs, three straight NFC Championship games and a road win at Green Bay. Road wins also @ ATL and @CAR.

And maybe @SEA.

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I meant it as "come on!" or "how f*cking stupid are you?"

you're like 12 right? Never saw either actually play I'd bet

Steve young is horribly overratrd