Fins new OC

Thailog80

So explain to me again why they want Travis. Anyone who watches football know that the RB's in Minny can catch and are probably the best coached at blitz pickup and blocking in the league. Running ability seems to be a secondary issue there although they as a group effort have done a good job. In fact prior to this year they have been a top 5 rushing team for several years. Again this coach wants all around back not midget bruising runners, with no football concept beyand run straight ahead and try to bowl anyone over that gets in his way.

Again, there is no way Travis lands in Miami no matter what he wants.

The fish have a few years before they will be back on top. They still have to work with a major salary cap issue. More then likely they will have to purge some players this year.

New England is losing both of their coordinators. They should still be tough, but more then likely they'll take a step back.

The 2005 Jets we'll probably be on par with 2004 Jets IMO.

The Bills should do well in FA, but with a big question mark at QB.

The fish have a few years before they will be back on top. They still have to work with a major salary cap issue. More then likely they will have to purge some players this year.

New England is losing both of their coordinators. They should still be tough, but more then likely they'll take a step back.

The 2005 Jets we'll probably be on par with 2004 Jets IMO.

The Bills should do well in FA, but with a big question mark at QB.

211806[/snapback]

Uhhh... thanks!

Mind telling me when I'm going to die?

The Pats will have new coordinators who will be hard-pressed to be as good as the guys they are replacing. The Dols will have a new HC and coordinators and it will take while for them to all get on the same page. The Jets will have a new OC and it will take time for the offense to get in-synch. The Bills will have continuity all over and that will be a good thing for them compared to the rest of the division. They need to make good moves in the off-season and good things can happen next year.

I disagree.

The Patriots will still have Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck.(As long as they are there, they will be competative every year)

The Jets will still have a dominating defense and, the offense can't be much worse then it was last year learning a new system.

The Dolphins will be improved.

We have a HUGE question mark on our team in the quarterback position, while the Patriots and Jets are very stable there.

I have to admit, the Jets and Patriots look to be the better team then us right now in the division.

Feel free to disagree. However I'd rather have good coaches and continuity than new/unproven coaches. And the Bills can win with Bledsoe, but they'll need to upgrade the O-line to be able to get that "power running" offense, and add a TE or two.

Linehan had two things in Minnesota that he won't have in Miami, at least in the immediate future. He had a WR who is a freak of nature even though he's an attitude problem waiting to happen. Randy Moss at 6'4" is arguably the fastest WR in the league. Meanwhile, there is no QB in the league who combines size, strength, and running ability like Culpepper. Chris Chambers is pretty good, but he's not in the same league as Moss. And Feeley sure isn't a Daunte Culpepper. Linehan may be a good coordinator, but It'll take him a while to build an offence out of the shambles that are left on the Dolphins now.

Linehan had two things in Minnesota that he won't have in Miami, at least in the immediate future.  He had a WR who is a freak of nature even though he's an attitude problem waiting to happen.  Randy Moss at 6'4"  is arguably the fastest WR in the league.  Meanwhile, there is no QB in the league who combines size, strength, and running ability like Culpepper.  Chris Chambers is pretty good, but he's not in the same league as Moss.  And Feeley sure isn't a Daunte Culpepper.  Linehan may be a good coordinator, but It'll take him a while to build an offence out of the shambles that are left on the Dolphins now.

211971[/snapback]

Make that 3 things. He had a decent OL in Minny. The phish OL is among the worst in the league. They dont seem to have a ton of cap space to fix it either.