What batch of kool-aid will Russ whip up next?

Jerry Jabber

i think he's already shown part of his hand: he's gonna dangle the "present" of stopping the toronto game in front of fans eyes for months...then just before we're set to kick the ball, he'll pull a lucy and move it. you'd think removing the game if he felt it was detrimental to the team would mean it would be gone by now. his quotes in the "bills brass" article suggest otherwise. i see only 2 possible conclusions: he's a liar or he's stupid and can't see simple logic. of course, they both may well be true. if he reneges on the toronto game, we're pretty much assured of the same old same old noncommittment to winning with continued consistent losing. if he trashes it, i see some hope.

I think Brandon has already painted himself into a tough corner concerning the Toronto game...His statement, on multiple occasions now, is crystal clear..."Nothing comes before winning..." Well that would seemingly end the Toronto experiment immediately...Because Home Teams win in the NFL...19 teams had winning records at Home this year...Only 8 teams had losing records...It is absolutely obvious the Bills lose Home Field advantage in Toronto...When a team that plays their Home Games 900 miles south can put as many fans in the seats as the Bills can it's glaringly obvious the Bills give up Home Field advantage in this ridiculous experiment...Not to mention the most obvious stat of all...The Bills are now 1-5 in Toronto...

So if nothing comes before winning Russ HAS to pull the plug on Toronto...He really has no choice...If he doesn't...then winning is not the most important thing... B-)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Brandon has already painted himself into a tough corner concerning the Toronto game...His statement, on multiple occasions now, is crystal clear..."Nothing comes before winning..." Well that would seemingly end the Toronto experiment immediately...Because Home Teams win in the NFL...19 teams had winning records at Home this year...Only 8 teams had losing records...It is absolutely obvious the Bills lose Home Field advantage in Toronto...When a team that plays their Home Games 900 miles south can put as many fans in the seats as the Bills can it's glaringly obvious the Bills give up Home Field advantage in this ridiculous experiment...Not to mention the most obvious stat of all...The Bills are now 1-5 in Toronto...

So if nothing comes before winning Russ HAS to pull the plug on Toronto...He really has no choice...If he doesn't...then winning is not the most important thing... B-)

agreed. but if he doesn't, how many fans will excuse it? i won't but i'll still likely watch the games i can although not likely renew sunday ticket. the most telling part of the press conference was brandon's comment that he talks to wilson daily, appraising him of developments. with that in mind, i think we can safely conclude that if the toronto series goes on, it's not solely brandon's decision. i think that would reveal the persistence of the man behind the curtain.

He'll draft manziel and we'll all be drinking it.

With all this talk on the board recently about which Qb the bills could/would take under the right circumstances, I wonder if this isn't the big sleeper surprise they will hit the fans with. Not necessarily Johnny Football but any of the big name quarterbacks who might be out there.

If the situation presents itself, and the Bills did draft another Qb in the first, I think it would have the exact impact on ticket sales that the front office would hope for and I think it would have a hugely positive impact on the fan base. The reasoning would be that "This Bills Organization Is Committed To Building A Superbowl Caliber Team And Will Stop At Nothing To Accomplish That!" And it would be believable too.

Having said all that, No I don't think they will do that and I don't know if one of the big QB names are going to be left at pick 9. But, it would shock the fan base who thoroughly expects the GM to pick anything other than a quarterback in the first round. It would sell more season tickets.

With all this talk on the board recently about which Qb the bills could/would take under the right circumstances, I wonder if this isn't the big sleeper surprise they will hit the fans with. Not necessarily Johnny Football but any of the big name quarterbacks who might be out there.

If the situation presents itself, and the Bills did draft another Qb in the first, I think it would have the exact impact on ticket sales that the front office would hope for and I think it would have a hugely positive impact on the fan base. The reasoning would be that "This Bills Organization Is Committed To Building A Superbowl Caliber Team And Will Stop At Nothing To Accomplish That!" And it would be believable too.

Having said all that, No I don't think they will do that and I don't know if one of the big QB names are going to be left at pick 9. But, it would shock the fan base who thoroughly expects the GM to pick anything other than a quarterback in the first round. It would sell more season tickets.

A lot too depends upon how much Whaley/Marrone really think of Manuel. If they full-on believe that Manuel will turn it around this year and start looking like a franchise, or even a top tier, QB then they won't need to even consider drafting a QB as a marketing ploy. Nothing sells tickets, seasons or otherwise, more than winning.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I agree with you, but that isn't going to help them sell season tickets going into the 2014 season. What do they do to cause fan optimism for the 2014 season?

It doesn't take much in Buffalo. Bills fans really want to Billieve. Most people who had seasons this past season will renew with the slightest hope such as a sexy first round pick and the hope/belief than Manuel will come around in 2014. A lot will renew without anything more being done by the FO other than keeping the Bills in Buffalo,

Edited by CodeMonkey

It doesn't take much in Buffalo. Bills fans really want to Billieve. Most people who had seasons this past season will renew with the slightest hope such as a sexy first round pick and the hope/belief than Manuel will come around in 2014.

Yes, I agree with you there also. I have been a season ticket holder for many years and I will be next year too regardless of what moves they make this off season. I think there are about 30,000 of us out there who do that (maybe a little less than 30,000). But the Bills don't want to go into a season with that low of a commitment from the fans. They want to sell 50,000 + season tickets like they did a few years ago. Obviously it would be ideal in their case to have a completely sold out season ticket holder base with a waiting list as there is in some cities. But that isn't realistic here.

I assume they are going to try to do something to raise that 30K number up closer to 50k or 55k if at all possible. I just wonder "what" they are thinking?

Yes, I agree with you there also. I have been a season ticket holder for many years and I will be next year too regardless of what moves they make this off season. I think there are about 30,000 of us out there who do that (maybe a little less than 30,000). But the Bills don't want to go into a season with that low of a commitment from the fans. They want to sell 50,000 + season tickets like they did a few years ago. Obviously it would be ideal in their case to have a completely sold out season ticket holder base with a waiting list as there is in some cities. But that isn't realistic here.

I assume they are going to try to do something to raise that 30K number up closer to 50k or 55k if at all possible. I just wonder "what" they are thinking?

I can't even imagine what Brandon et al could do this off season to increase the season ticket holder base by more than 50%.