A positive re: Thad Lewis

dave mcbride

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm resigned to Lewis being gone this offseason. They kept Tuel on the roster all year for the future, hell if I know why, but they like him. The likely scenario is they blab about some veteran, "mentor" as EJ's backup.

Why would Lewis be gone? He's under contract through next year. His salary next year is around $645K.

They'll cut him, and Lewis won't last on the PS. They can only keep 3 QBs. They may even just keep 2

With the concern over EJ's injuries this season? They will not keep 2 QBs. I can envision them cutting Lewis, however.

This goes back to the conversation that if you cut a player, you better have a replacement at the ready. Lewis is not irreplaceable by any means... and Tuel should not be on this roster. BUT there is no point cutting Lewis if the bills cannot acquire an equally talented or better player

The funny thing to me is people who say crazy things like draft a qb every round of every draft until you get one. You know how much of a joke that would make your franchise. Just being known as the team who has such a vast ineptitude and disparity as to mail everything in and disregard the other 23 positions on the team in hopes of finding a gem. Why don't we turn our attention to, and put the onus on the coaching staff and scouts to make the right call. And also develop and make sure their guy flourishes. How come other teams haven't had the same turnstile of qb personnel while finding their guy. And the most frustrating thing about it. Teams are finding solutions after our team drafts. I have to agree with people who says this team is definitely a team that swears they can out smart the process. They are and have been trying to be cute for a long time

The funny thing to me is people who say crazy things like draft a qb every round of every draft until you get one. You know how much of a joke that would make your franchise. Just being known as the team who has such a vast ineptitude and disparity as to mail everything in and disregard the other 23 positions on the team in hopes of finding a gem. Why don't we turn our attention to, and put the onus on the coaching staff and scouts to make the right call. And also develop and make sure their guy flourishes. How come other teams haven't had the same turnstile of qb personnel while finding their guy. And the most frustrating thing about it. Teams are finding solutions after our team drafts. I have to agree with people who says this team is definitely a team that swears they can out smart the process. They are and have been trying to be cute for a long time

Agreed. This notion of spending first round picks on a QB until you draft an "elite" one is utterly insane.

The voracity with which fans are making this ludicrous demand is equally baffling.

Agreed. This notion of spending first round picks on a QB until you draft an "elite" one is utterly insane.

The voracity with which fans are making this ludicrous demand is equally baffling.

Glad to know I'm not alone. I just don't understand folks

Edited by Agent 91

I agree with Sullivan 100%. At this point Lewis is a marginal NFL backup. If the Bills work with him then he may develop into a solid backup in a couple of years. If they want a good backup next season then they should bring in a FA and bump Lewis to #3. Also, a veteran QB on the roster certainly couldn't hurt Manuel's development.

I disagree. How is Thad a "marginal" backup when he has won half his games? And we're the Bills, so winning half of anything is an improvement from the norm.

Not to mention that Thad wasnt in training camp and the games he has started have been some of the toughest we've had. He didnt face the Jaguars and Falcons.

I dont think anyone realistically advocates to "draft a QB every single round of every single draft." You're just arguing with yourself now.

I disagree. How is Thad a "marginal" backup when he has won half his games? And we're the Bills, so winning half of anything is an improvement from the norm.

Not to mention that Thad wasnt in training camp and the games he has started have been some of the toughest we've had. He didnt face the Jaguars and Falcons.

I dont think anyone realistically advocates to "draft a QB every single round of every single draft." You're just arguing with yourself now.

I was being facetious but would it change your opinion if I changed my arguement to drafting a qb in the first round until you find one? Because that is a very real arguement by the masses.

Thad Lewis have proven he's an above average backup.

Our problem is first string. Why are we debating who our backup is.....

Because this thread is about debating Thad Lewis and the backup QB position......and I'll add that I personally was very pleased to read the OP and find no mention of EJ. Obviously many of us enjoy discussing more than just the one crusade topic, as is apparent in this thread.

Go and post in one of the many other threads about your views on EJ and the starting QB position......not here.