Listening to WGR post game is a waste of time

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what that guy said? I heard them going on and on about a script.

Yep. Like I said, had he just asked what's in bold, and not tried to insert his opinion, he would have had them: cold.

Schopp is a clown, and he's already tried to send his surrogates to this board once, to remind us all that he could get a job elsewhere. :lol: As it happens, I can quit my job and get a new one, every day this week, including Christmas. So...so what? I promptly chopped them up. (Yeah, it was me, and I don't mind saying it.) I still have the PMs. One clown even wanted to meet me publicly :lol:.

The bottom line is: they are intellectually inferior. We've had to behaviorally condition them(hence the end of them complaining about callers asking: "how's it going guys?" or "How're ya doin'?" Now? They respectfully say "great" and barely hide their "frustration", as if they're right to be offended by polite conversation, and the colloquialisms of WNY :rolleyes:), and even in spite of that, you know damn well that this board is part of their "show prep": every single day.

They are reading this right now, and that makes me :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

If you don't want to know what happened in a Bills game just listen to Schopp & Bulldog. 2 hours on whether or not the Bills should draft a new QB, zero time on the lack of running attack (which directly affects your passing game), the D's tendancy to over-pursue and give up big plays, zero time on play calling or what players were outstanding or who underperformed.

If I could get anything for Christmas I'd wish for another decent local sports outlet.

PTR

Hey, I'll bet you didn't know that ice is cold.

Yesterday was hilarious.

A caller tried/failed to properly articulate the following:

"They were going to say what they were going to say, regardless of the outcome of the game."

He screwed it up by injecting his own opinion, and instead, they accused him of "having a script". Total Fail. But, total projection by Schopp and Bulldog as well.

The right way to have asked them: "What exactly are you saying right now, that you would'nt be saying, if they had lost? Conversely, and perhaps more importantly, what aren't you saying now, that you would have been saying after a loss?" Then, there's no door left open to project onto the caller.

Frankly, having listened to their entire show, yesterday, I fail to see what comments would have been different. The created a BS standard: EJ throwing for 300 yards, conveniently AFTER the game. The fact is that no matter what EJ did, short of a 110+ QBR, they were going to say the same thing. All he has to do is make 1-5 bad throws, and their "script" automagically "fits".

:rolleyes:

I listen mostly to WFAN in NYC and The Fanatic in Philly. There you have hosts that back up their opinions with real football knowledge. I do listen to WGR after the Bills game for post game interviews and the opinions of the hosts and fans though. This is what I heard over and over on the Bills post game show yesterday...

"After today's game, can I say that EJ is the guy? I don't know if I can. The first quarter was terrible, but then he looked ok I guess, the rest of the game. After today's game can I say that EJ is the guy? I don't know if I can. The first quarter was terrible, but then he looked ok I guess, the rest of the game. After today's game can I say that EJ is the guy? I don't know if I can. The first quarter was terrible, but then he looked ok I guess, the rest of the game. After today's game can I say that EJ is the guy? I don't know if I can. The first quarter was terrible, but then he looked ok I guess, the rest of the game..."

That's analysis?????...LOL It was so boring and repetitive and depressing!

You'd think they could have shown more appreciation and excitement for the rookie Manuel playing very solid the last three quarters and winning the game? That was a gut check performance that deserved notice and some enthusiasm. Just two weeks before Manuel put this team in position twice to win a must win game. There are signs there that Manuel IS the guy. You don't have to coronate Manuel. However, why sound like such sourpusses after a win and your first round QB nailing down a solid performance?

I guess I'm the only person who likes those two, but I do feel like they're mailing in the postgame this year. The locker room interviews which anyone can access anytime in 2013 if they really want to are a complete waste of time and take up like half the show. Goes against everything Schoop has always ranted about - "players/coaches don't ever say anything" - which I agree with. Bleh.

Edited by BuffOrange

That's analysis?????...LOL It was so boring and repetitive and depressing!

I usually just tune in at the beginning to get their take on the game. I try to do that on the weekday show, too..............Because you know the rest of the hour, at least, will be just repeating the same thing over and over again - mixed in with some yelling at callers.

I only listen to WGR when John Murphy is on, and I wish he was on during the 3pm -7pm time slot. Snoopy and Bulldung can kiss my entire ass IMO.

I don't waste my time on them anymore , ever since they was saying after Losman fumbled during the Jets game when Marshawn was running all over them that the pass play was the right call, they lost me then.

I think you mean MgGahee? I dunno. I don't recall this episode of the, "We know less than the average TSW poster", and we call inaccuracy/inanity: "being entertaining", Schopp and the Bulldog show.

But, it sounds about right. The formula: "Let's take something obvious, support the opposite, call it "counterintuitive" and therefore "interesting." Then, we will use the power of the hangup button to shout down anybody who disagrees, while at the same time, claim to want discussion."

EDIT: The best 2 things about this forum? Accountability, and Nowhere to Run(no hangup button).

You say something dumb, you pay for it. And, you don't get to stop other posters from lighting you up, by controlling the format. :lol:

Ignore is counter-productive. Go ahead and ignore me, and then...not...see what I say about you! :lol:

I am guessing that the O/U on Mike Schopp posting here is what? 1 hour? :lol: We'd all be on ignore by then for sure! Which...is pretty much how it is for him now. How would it be different? :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Hehehehe.....

Just as an experiment, I decided to wait until now to turn on the show, and I was only going to listen for 5 mins to see what would happen.

Quite literally as I type Bulldog is walking what I posted above about yesterday back.

Now? It's "we need to guard against being overly negative, but it's hard when we've been here so many times". :lol:

Yeah, you've been here with EJ before. EJ = Losman, Trent, Fitz....none of whom could have hit the passes EJ threw, just to Woods, and especially the pass to Gragg, ever. :rolleyes: I've had the rewind running on one screen this afternoon. We haven't had a QB who can make those throws since Bledsoe. PERIOD!

EDIT2: If I'm gonna be critical, I'm gonna say that EJ underthrew Goodwin on the play where he drew the PI in the 4th qtr. It's debatable whether Goodwin would have gotten there, despite the PI/laser throw, however, the underthrow caused Goodwin to slow down, which made the PI possible. The key was: that was a 40 yard pass....that EJ was trying to put "touch" on. Yeah.....it's the same. :lol: Fitz/Trent would have to old time baseball windup to make that throw, and Losman would have just gotten sacked/threw it out of bounds.

So, it's not "the same". It's not even close, unless you have an agenda, or, unless the extent your "analysis" of football = looking at the boxscore.

It's as I said: you don't like what they say? Post it here, because sure as schit they are reading it.

EDIT: And, Schopp? Yes, tell me more about how you have to "deal with the callers, even if it kills you".

Unmitigated moron.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

If you don't want to know what happened in a Bills game just listen to Schopp & Bulldog. 2 hours on whether or not the Bills should draft a new QB, zero time on the lack of running attack (which directly affects your passing game), the D's tendancy to over-pursue and give up big plays, zero time on play calling or what players were outstanding or who underperformed.

PTR

That's surprising. You'd think the official Bills post game would discuss that. <_<

PTR

So you are knocking them for both "spending zero time on the lack of" the running game--AND for spending zero time talking about... the "surprising(ly)" good running game?

So you are knocking them for both "spending zero time on the lack of" the running game--AND for spending zero time talking about... the "surprising(ly)" good running game?

I think he's saying: "I couldn't watch the game, and, instead of being able to rely on these 2 schmoes to give me an accurate picture, I get inaccurate spin."

How would Promo know about the running game, good or bad, they didn't say one friggin word about it.

I mean, he's sitting here, today, writing a post, completely wrong about the running game, despite seeking information about the game.

Whose job it is to inform Promo about the Bills? Vincent Gallo? Christina Ricci?

I COMPLETELY AGREE! Can't stand listening to them - Same topic each and every day.

Buffalo is a sophistacated football market and there is a lot more to talk about then just the QB.

Schoop shouldn't cover football at all. Sal should be moved from 7pm to post game.

How can our voices be heard and have WGR make a change??

How can our voices be heard and have WGR make a change??

But, our voices ARE heard. Pretty much every day.

Hence, the, I'm sure, 20 minute "explanation" of yesterday, of which I heard the last 5 minutes of.

Here's the point: don't like what they are saying? Start a thread here, be specific, put some real effort into your thoughts, and post. No schit? You'll see the conversation veer your way in 30 minutes or less.

Like I said: we can easily behaviorally condition them. They are about ratings, and "what everyone is talking about". If everyone is talking about them sucking today/yesterday, because you wrote a killer thread about them sucking, filled with interesting and poignant discourse, then....viola: action taken, outcome affirmed.

Look: It's not just S&B. It's all of them: I'm not even pissed at Jeremy White for copying my format of "fancy pics" :lol: that I used in the preseason going over the rest of the division's games. His All 22 thing is practically identical, and I don't know/care if it was intentional. The difference: his is professional, and mine was wiseass. Fact-filled, but still: wiseass. He's doing it now, which means? I don't have to. (Did I mention how lazy I am? I am unconscionably lazy.) And, he's doing it the way I want to see it....so, why in the hell would I be pissed? My will is done, and I don't have to do anything but read for 2 minutes to get the same outcome.

Hehehehe.....

Just as an experiment, I decided to wait until now to turn on the show, and I was only going to listen for 5 mins to see what would happen.

Quite literally as I type Bulldog is walking what I posted above about yesterday back.

Now? It's "we need to guard against being overly negative, but it's hard when we've been here so many times". :lol:

Yeah, you've been here with EJ before. EJ = Losman, Trent, Fitz....none of whom could have hit the passes EJ threw, just to Woods, and especially the pass to Gragg, ever. :rolleyes: I've had the rewind running on one screen this afternoon. We haven't had a QB who can make those throws since Bledsoe. PERIOD!

EDIT2: If I'm gonna be critical, I'm gonna say that EJ underthrew Goodwin on the play where he drew the PI in the 4th qtr. It's debatable whether Goodwin would have gotten there, despite the PI/laser throw, however, the underthrow caused Goodwin to slow down, which made the PI possible. The key was: that was a 40 yard pass....that EJ was trying to put "touch" on. Yeah.....it's the same. :lol: Fitz/Trent would have to old time baseball windup to make that throw, and Losman would have just gotten sacked/threw it out of bounds.

So, it's not "the same". It's not even close, unless you have an agenda, or, unless the extent your "analysis" of football = looking at the boxscore.

It's as I said: you don't like what they say? Post it here, because sure as schit they are reading it.

EDIT: And, Schopp? Yes, tell me more about how you have to "deal with the callers, even if it kills you".

Unmitigated moron.

They act like it's the same because of the "14 years, no playoffs" mantra. As if every year is the same. Maybe it is to a couple of schmucks who can't look past the box score or standings.

So if Schopp & Bulldog do read TBD for show prep, here's my suggestion: STOP DOING THE POSTGAME SHOW! How about switching with Howard Simon and do the pregame? Maybe it won't be so depressing. Or better yet, let Sal do the whole thing. At least he offers some breakdown and analysis because he has a football background. If Bulldog feels the need to lament how every December feels the same, that's a hint that you need to stop doing the post game show.

PTR

So what is going on with Rome and how that affects Rich Genzler, Promo?

Rome is now part of CBS Sports Radio Network. AM 1270 in Buffalo is supposed to run CBS 24/7 but WGR still holds the rights to Rome for a few more months. So they brought Genzler over from one of the FMs to fill Rome's slot for now. The scuttlebutt is that when Rome moves to 1270 Genzler is done.

But since then they added UB sports and Genzler hosts the coaches shows so maybe he'll still have some live role. The thing is Cumulus Radio (they also own 97 Rock, 103-3 The Edge and 104 WHTT) is not willing to invest a lot of money in a station that can't fully compete with WGR. Cumulus actually makes a little money carrying ads from CBS Sports Radio so any added salary connected to AM 1270 is a drain. They were never meant to be a threat to WGR.

PTR

Thanks. That all makes sense...........I remember Jay Mohr took over for Rome on Westwood One. Is he still doing that, because I thought I heard him subbing on Rome earlier this year.

Yes, Mohr is Rome's permanent replacement on the old network, Premiere.

I don't listen to them - no matter what. The show is meritless, and both Bulldog and Schopp are awful. Schopp is the worst, though. He's always been a weenie.

I know one thing...I'll never buy another car that doesn't have Sirius/XM radio installed. NFL radio is always very good IMHO plus any major sporting event is usually broadcast plus the wide range of music and news stations. John Murphy is OK most of the time and am happy that he is back on talk radio where he started many years ago on WBEN. John has always been really well liked by all at OBD and I never heard anything negative. Nothing phoney about John Butler; he loves what he is doing and enjoys bantering back and forth with fans during a Q&A sessions after some of our meetings in the press box or in either the Paul McGuire or Van Miller Clubs

Chris Parker (The Bulldog) is a smart man that knows his sports and had a really nice show when he was on-air by himself; at first on WBEN. I believe it was 7 to 9 or 10. Then they paired him up with Schoop who feels sports reporting is beneath him and shows the world how much he hates doing a sports talk radio show. He has the Bully Pulpit and by GOD he is going to put all his peons (listeners) in their place because I have superior intelligence. Thank God that now I don't have to my ear-drums assulted by his self-centered blather. I can't for the life of me find out why once sharp sports guys like Simon (from WNAI ?? not sure that's correct) and the Bulldog from WBEN go over to WGR and become brain dead;- and start usuing language like my 11 year old niece