Pats* pull another one out of their posteriors

BRH

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you want the Bills to do bad so you can do other stuff?

In other words, I am going to get done what I have to get done. If the Bills do well and I can maintain what I am doing while listening to the Bills then good. If I find myself taking time to watch the games that only end up disappointing me then I am wasting my time. I watch in the beginning of the season when there is hope and end up missing out on some bigger tasks I could be doing.

Before the drive started I told my son I guarantee the pats* will get a questionable pi call in their favor. Guarantee it. Makes me sick

When it was 26-14 or whatever and the Pats* scored with a minute left, I guaranteed my son that that they were going to get the ball back and win even if the refs had to give it to them. Which of course is what happened.

I think people are missing the larger point. The Patriots are DONE. It's clearly apparent from watching them. They struggle to win almost every week even against bad teams. They aren't physical, have terrible receivers, and Brady is on the downside of his career. His play is noticeably in decline.

They will be lucky to win a playoff game. In the event they get out of the extremely weak AFC, they are going to get demolished by the NFC team.

It's over folks. Time to focus on the bills improving and hopefully getting a good young QB. Next year and every foreseeable year after the division is up for grabs.

Perhaps we saw different replays but the ones I saw the defender clearly tugged on the receiver around the 5-8 yard line. What is open for debate I suppose is if it warranted the tossing of the flag.

In any event, Brady was directing the Pats to a TD score regardless.

No, we saw the same replay--you're just used to getting calls that no one else gets, particularly at that stage of a game, over and over again until it seems like second nature to you....

I think people are missing the larger point. The Patriots are DONE. It's clearly apparent from watching them. They struggle to win almost every week even against bad teams. They aren't physical, have terrible receivers, and Brady is on the downside of his career. His play is noticeably in decline.

They will be lucky to win a playoff game. In the event they get out of the extremely weak AFC, they are going to get demolished by the NFC team.

It's over folks. Time to focus on the bills improving and hopefully getting a good young QB. Next year and every foreseeable year after the division is up for grabs.

Beating Teams like Denver and New Orleans don't count?

You don't win 10 games by being a bad team. If you did the Bills and Jets would be 10 game winners every year.

No, we saw the same replay--you're just used to getting calls that no one else gets, particularly at that stage of a game, over and over again until it seems like second nature to you....

OK, maybe you need better glasses then.

The DB clearly yanks on the receovers left shoulder pad as the receiver is trying to reach up to make the catch. If that's not enough, the DB never bothered to play the football while physically interfering/touching the WR as the play was about to be made. That's clearly PI according to the rules.

patsPI.gif

...as Ted Nolan so eliquently said...

"Winning teams get the calls....Losing teams not so much",

Winning teams know how to win. Losing teams know how to lose. That sums up that game.

Luck...bad penalty...whatever. The Patriots win most games, and get lucky once or twice a year. But for the most part they create their luck.

If you watch some of the old Bills games during the Super Bowl years it was amazing how interceptions and fumbles from the other team almost happened on que.

There were also games where the Bills were so good, if the pass wasn't completed or a play faltered....a flag against the defense followed (or didn't come if the Bills were on defense.....see Oilers comeback game in 93)

When the Bills reach that level again, we will be the ones benefiting. Till then, I don't expect them.

Edited by dezertbill

The DB clearly yanks on the receovers left shoulder pad as the receiver is trying to reach up to make the catch. If that's not enough, the DB never bothered to play the football while physically interfering/touching the WR as the play was about to be made. That's clearly PI according to the rules.

patsPI.gif

That's ticky tack hand checking that goes on on every long pass play--go to ProFootballTalk.com and read the comments section there--plenty of Pats* fans there have admitted just that, but go ahead and believe what you want to believe. BTW, did you even notice the title of the GIF?

What's your response on the BS defenseless receiver call that gave them an extra 125 yards on the kickoff, or the Patriot* falling out of bounds on his knees when the timeoutless Pats* needed the clock stopped and the refs doing just that for them?

You don't win 10 games by being a bad team. If you did the Bills and Jets would be 10 game winners every year.

That was another great one where the refs (including the guy looking right at the line play) missed an obvious hold the Saints DE on the game winning TD. You really can't make this stuff up, it happens so often with that team....

Edited by MattM

patsPI.gif

Actually, he brushes the receiver's pads well after the ball's gone through the receiver's hands.

That's not nearly as bad as I thought, based on the reactions in this thread. But it's a questionable call - if the Bills were a beneficiary of that, I'd be questioning it. The most interference I saw was the DB interfering with a hand check.

I didn't say every win was against a bad team. Pats are done. No doubt in my mind. If they win a Super Bowl in the next 3 years I'll eat crow. Highly doubt it though.

That's ticky tack hand checking that goes on on every long pass play--go to ProFootballTalk.com and read the comments section there--plenty of Pats* fans there have admitted just that, but go ahead and believe what you want to believe.

The receiver ends up not catching on a very slight overthrown ball. It is clear that the DB tugs on the shoulder pad of the receiver and disrupts his path to the ball, seemingly enough in the eyes of the ref, that had the PI not occurred, the slight overthrow wouldn't have happened and the receiver would have caught the ball for a TD. This is not ticky tack but a classic PI call.

The receiver ends up not catching on a very slight overthrown ball. It is clear that the DB tugs on the shoulder pad of the receiver and disrupts his path to the ball, seemingly enough in the eyes of the ref, that had the PI not occurred, the slight overthrow wouldn't have happened and the receiver would have caught the ball for a TD. This is not ticky tack but a classic PI call.

Call was beyond tickey tack, it wasn't PI. The extremely minor contact, which you could only see from close inspection, did absolutely nothing to change the receivers path, at all.

It's was a brutal call and completely wrong. If that's PI then it should be called on almost every passing play.

The trend of referees being centerpieces of the games is discouraging. It's understandable in the spirit of safety, but disrupting fair competition is tarnishing the game and making it less fun to watch. This is for all games, not just in favor of the pats.

Call was beyond tickey tack, it wasn't PI. The extremely minor contact, which you could only see from close inspection, did absolutely nothing to change the receivers path, at all.

It's was a brutal call and completely wrong. If that's PI then it should be called on almost every passing play.

Coach Dungy & his cohort (on SNF's pre-game show) agree with the above 100%. Any sane, knowledgeable pro football fan would also wholeheartedly agree with the above.

I've been saying for years that the subjective calls of PI and Holding have been ruining and/or influencing MANY NFL games. Of course, if it's your team that's getting boned, it makes it all the more worse. Truth be told, the inconsistency and bad calls (re PI & Holding) happen in pretty much every game.

I tuned in to the game just in time to see the pats* illegally get the on side kick. If you look closely a pats* player gets hit in back of his ankle about 8 yard mark. So it never went the full 10 before being contacted. When the refs let NE keep the ball I knew at that point the fix was in and more calls were coming to keep them in it. !@#$ them and Krafts blackmail pictures of goddell pleasuring men.