LaVonte David is a stud

Estro

For those of you not too familiar with the Bucs, make sure to keep an eye on #54 of the Bucs tomorrow. A young stud of a LB. Really loved him coming into the 2012 draft and had my fingers crossed the Bills would get him. We ended up taking Cordy Glenn, so I'm not complaining........but when all is said and done David is and will be a much better player than Gilmore who we took in the 1st round that year.

Yup, he's the moron that lost the game for the bucs in week one.

In a season which wasn't going anywhere anyways.

David has quickly established himself as one of the best LBs in the NFL.

He was my favorite all-around LB coming out of the 2012 draft and I thought (and wrote) that he'd be a great value in the 2nd round. I didn't want the Bills to take Keuchly and as it turns out, Keuchly wasn't available when we picked.

I actually wanted the Bills to take Cordy Glenn or Bruce Irvin in the first round and was hoping for David in the 2nd round.

If you watched videotape of him at Nebraska, you could see what a great athlete he was and how intelligent and instinctive he was. David is very similar to future Bucs Hall of Famer Derrick Brooks.

He never misses assignments and has big play ability. He defeats blockers using guile, quickness and intelligence and is the poster boy for the fact that linebacking is about the head, not the body. Imagine if former-board favorite Rey Maualuga had David's head for the game.

People love "take on" LBs but size is of much lesser importance than football smarts. Just compare Kiko and Kelvin Sheppard if you don't agree.

Also, David's teammate, Mason Foster is an outstanding player for the exact same reason. I thought Foster was the most instinctive LB coming out of the 2011 draft. Tampa Bay now has both players playing behind a star-studded defensive line.

In a season which wasn't going anywhere anyways.

David has quickly established himself as one of the best LBs in the NFL.

He was my favorite all-around LB coming out of the 2012 draft and I thought (and wrote) that he'd be a great value in the 2nd round. I didn't want the Bills to take Keuchly and as it turns out, Keuchly wasn't available when we picked.

I actually wanted the Bills to take Cordy Glenn or Bruce Irvin in the first round and was hoping for David in the 2nd round.

If you watched videotape of him at Nebraska, you could see what a great athlete he was and how intelligent and instinctive he was. David is very similar to future Bucs Hall of Famer Derrick Brooks.

He never misses assignments and has big play ability. He defeats blockers using guile, quickness and intelligence and is the poster boy for the fact that linebacking is about the head, not the body. Imagine if former-board favorite Rey Maualuga had David's head for the game.

People love "take on" LBs but size is of much lesser importance than football smarts. Just compare Kiko and Kelvin Sheppard if you don't agree.

Also, David's teammate, Mason Foster is an outstanding player for the exact same reason. I thought Foster was the most instinctive LB coming out of the 2011 draft. Tampa Bay now has both players playing behind a star-studded defensive line.

Given your good instincts, and given that we could really use another playmaking OLB on this defense, who do you see as an option for us in round 1 or 2 next year?

Given your good instincts, and given that we could really use another playmaking OLB on this defense, who do you see as an option for us in round 1 or 2 next year?

Hey Rubes. I don't start watching the college video until February.

It's become a hobby for me, something to do after the NFL season is over and during the buildup to the draft.

We'll revisit this for sure as it seems like the Bills need to upgrade OLB over Moats/Bradham.

Hey Rubes. I don't start watching the college video until February.

It's become a hobby for me, something to do after the NFL season is over and during the buildup to the draft.

We'll revisit this for sure as it seems like the Bills need to upgrade OLB over Moats/Bradham.

Loved David coming out.

What do you think of Shane Skov? I think he would fit great here.

Aren't Moats/Bradham inside?