December Movies: The Hobbit, American Hustle, & Wolf of Wall Stree

Mark Vader

BTW, I saw 47 Ronin as well. That movie is nowhere near as bad as the savaging it's getting from critics. If the trailer looks at all appealing to you I suggest you give it a chance. I was glad I disregarded all of the negativity and gave it a shot. It was an entertaining afternoon diversion.

I saw this review of Ronin 47: http://www.villagevoice.com/2013-12-25/film/47-ronin-movie-review/; "Solemn as a funeral march, humorless as your junior high principal, as Japanese as a grocery-store California roll...".

Though I have not seen the movie to agree/disagree, I enjoyed reading the review and Scherstuhl may become another favorite film reviewer. Though I do not always agree with him, I also like reading Peter Travers reviews: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/blogs/the-travers-take.

Mrs. Lew and I saw "Wolf of Wall Street"

It was very entertaining and earned every bit of the "R" rating.

And at three hours in length, buy the small beverage for the bladder challenged.

Always know your movie's running time, so you will know to sip your drink.

Mrs. Lew and I saw "Wolf of Wall Street"

It was very entertaining and earned every bit of the "R" rating.

And at three hours in length, buy the small beverage for the bladder challenged.

They always try to push me to buy the medium "for just 50 cents more." No thanks, and add extra ice to my small please.

Always know your movie's running time, so you will know to sip your drink.

Or get the Run Pee app....

http://runpee.com/

Anchorman 2 was awful.

It was the same movie, plot wise in my mind, with new jokes. Afterword I could tell I wouldn't here the end of people quoting it for at least another year. I found the movie long or at least it felt really long. I laughed for like the first 30 mins then it just kept going on and on and on trying to be over the top. That got old. Don't think I'd watch it again.

Having seen Anchorman, what was it about two that fell short in your opinion? To me they were pretty much the same movie and I got just about what I expected out of it.

BTW, I saw 47 Ronin as well. That movie is nowhere near as bad as the savaging it's getting from critics. If the trailer looks at all appealing to you I suggest you give it a chance. I was glad I disregarded all of the negativity and gave it a shot. It was an entertaining afternoon diversion.

I mean, I realize the first Anchorman was over the top ridiculous too, but a lot of the jokes I didn't find funny in this one. They played on the same jokes from the first one (condoms vs. cologne, anchor fight), Steve Carrell's character was just flat out ridiculous at times. He was presiding over his own funeral? I mean, c'monnn.

Other things I did not like:

-RV crash scene, Brick eating an ice cream?, cruise control?, scorpions and bowling balls? I just thought it was dumb.

-The whole shark bit

-Anchor fight, which was funny in the first one, was stupid in the second one.

-30 minutes too long

-Dinner with Ron's black bosses family, the first part was hilarious, but then he kept going on and on and on...just like the movie.

The first Anchorman was fresh, new, and original. This one just stunk....IMO.