Steelers Have Won 15 In A Row..And Yet..

Mark VI

Is this a great game or what ? :(

Cowher needs to run the ball, with BOTH Duece Staley and Jerome Bettis getting used heavily. Set up the occasional long ball off play action for Ben R. Field position and ball control. Let your Defense be the dominant unit.

Yet I watched the Cowher press conference today and he raved about Ben R. Says he doesn't worry about a rookie mistake here and there. He has all the confidence in the world calling pass plays with him in the post-season. He does realize that Doug Brien missed 2 makeable FG's that would have meant a huge upset.

And people wonder why this guy loses so many home games in the playoffs. :D

If you had a healthy Bettis and Staley, with that OL, wouldn't you just pound the ball all day ? Staley looked pretty good, coming off his injury and the time is NOW.

If the Jets game didn't teach Cowher anything, then he is a fool and one of the worst post-season Coaches ever. Agreed ? How many home playoff games can this guy lose and still have the Rooneys thinking he's great ?

Thoughts ?

Is this a great game or what ?  :( 

Cowher needs to run the ball, with BOTH Duece Staley and Jerome Bettis getting used heavily. Set up the occasional long ball off play action for Ben R. Field position and ball control. Let your Defense be the dominant unit.

Yet I watched the Cowher press conference today and he raved about Ben R. Says he doesn't worry about a rookie mistake here and there. He has all the confidence in the world calling pass plays with him in the post-season. He does realize that Doug Brien missed 2 makeable FG's that would have meant a huge upset.

And people wonder why this guy loses so many home games in the playoffs. :D 

If you had a healthy Bettis and Staley, with that OL, wouldn't you just pound the ball all day ? Staley looked pretty good, coming off his injury and the time is NOW.

If the Jets game didn't teach Cowher anything, then he is a fool and one of the worst post-season Coaches ever. Agreed ? How many home playoff games can this guy lose and still have the Rooneys thinking he's great ?

Thoughts ?

210465[/snapback]

I agree. He is out of his mind if he doesn't keep pounding the running game. I am sure that New England will focus primarily on one thing... stopping the run. If they succeed... game over. They will torment Big Ben and clean house.

Very simple my friend. BR is a rookie. End of story.

That is why I think that the Bills will not make it with JP next year Mark. BR did all he could to blow the game vs the jests and was very lucky.

Rookies do not win superbowls.

210483[/snapback]

Tom Brady just busted out laughing, along with millions of Pats fans. :D

Each situation is unique to itself. We're talking about Ben R. here. He can still make several good throws in this game. Coaching needs to put him in the right situations. With 2 front line RB's, Ben R. shouldn't have the pressure on him.

Very simple my friend. BR is a rookie. End of story.

That is why I think that the Bills will not make it with JP next year Mark. BR did all he could to blow the game vs the jests and was very lucky.

Rookies do not win superbowls.

210483[/snapback]

"Rookies do not win superbowls."

That's true but, at this stage of his career, neither will Drew Bledsoe. I really can't see the Bills making it to the superbowl, let alone winning it, with Bledsoe at the helm. You just know that at some crucial moment in a playoff game he's going to do something daft that, while it may not completely lose the game, will certainly be a major contribution to a defeat. At least Losman has the potential to improve with time. Can anyone really say the same about Bledsoe at this stage of his career?

Cowher or Belichek? :(

Brady or Rothlisberger? :D

Pittsburgh losing three out of four conference championships at home under Bill Cowher. Weather is a non factor for the Pats. Belichek has won the last 13 games where he faces a team for the second time in a season. I will be amazed if they do not make it 14 - 0 this weekend.

I realized this week I don't hate the Patriots as much as I dislike their front running Ma**hole fans. Got to give them respect - they are just a well coached, disciplined TEAM.

I heard a stat today that since the Pats/Packers Superbowl at least one home team has lost in the Conference Championship game every year since then. Home field advantage means little this week which is good for us football fans that want to see good games.

The Pats are going to lose.

210518[/snapback]

Interesting.

Based on what? I saw the Pats tear Manning a new a hole last week and the Steelers look like a bunch of wankers. That regular season Steeler win looks pretty weak to me, I see no way the Patriots lose this one.

Interesting.

Based on what? I saw the Pats tear Manning a new a hole last week and the Steelers look like a bunch of wankers. That regular season Steeler win looks pretty weak to me, I see no way the Patriots lose this one.

210528[/snapback]

The Steelers have a real shot, if, as Mark says, they don't get stupid. Their team makeup is power running and a ferocious defense, which is the best formula to take against the Patriots. High-scoring passing offenses get frustrated by the Patriots defense, but if Pitt can get moving on the ground and their defense slows down the Pats O, this should be a close exciting game.

Having said that, in the coaching matchup of Belichick vs. Cowher, you have to go with Belichick, so I don't know where anyone would get the confidence to say the Pats will lose.

Interesting.

No way, huh? The regular season win was weak, huh? I guess you base that on Corey Dillon being outi that game. But did you realize that Dillon has a 75 yard average against the Steelers lifetime? Did you realize that Seymour was healthy and so was Law for the first quarter?

People are getting all caught up in how the Steelers played the Jets and how the Pats played the Colts. Got news for you: the Jets actually HAVE a good defense, whereas the Colts' have the 5th worst defense, and they were playing in a hostile environment and in the worst weather conditions imaginable for a dome team. Yet still their defense held the Pats to SIX whole points in the 1st half. Unlike with the Colts, there will be NO advantages for the Pats, psychological or otherwise. The only caveat is if Cowher tries to put the game on BR's shoulders, they might lose, but I think the last month or so has shown him that that's probably not the smartest idea.

No way, huh?  The regular season win was weak, huh?  I guess you base that on Corey Dillon being outi that game.  But did you realize that Dillon has a 75 yard average against the Steelers lifetime?  Did you realize that Seymour was healthy and so was Law for the first quarter?

People are getting all caught up in how the Steelers played the Jets and how the Pats played the Colts.  Got news for you: the Jets actually HAVE a good defense, whereas the Colts' have the 5th worst defense, and they were playing in a hostile environment and in the worst weather conditions imaginable for a dome team.  Yet still their defense held the Pats to SIX whole points in the 1st half.  Unlike with the Colts, there will be NO advantages for the Pats, psychological or otherwise.  The only caveat is if Cowher tries to put the game on BR's shoulders, they might lose, but I think the last month or so has shown him that that's probably not the smartest idea.

210551[/snapback]

Dillon's stats as a Bengal are meaningless in this equation.

If you think the Pats don't have a psychological advantage this week, you haven't been paying attetnion.

Dillon's stats as a Bengal are meaningless in this equation.

So too is the hypothetical of what he would have done had he played back on Halloween, or how the Steelers played the Jets versus how the Pats played the Colts.

If you think the Pats don't have a psychological advantage this week, you haven't been paying attetnion.

Pray tell, what psychological advantage do the Pats have? Homefield? Nope. Weather? Nope. Being the underdog? Nope. Revenge? Nope. Are the Steelers intimidated by the Pats? Nope. And last of all, do the Steelers feel they can't beat the Pats? Nope.

So too is the hypothetical of what he would have done had he played back on Halloween, or how the Steelers played the Jets versus how the Pats played the Colts.

I didn't say it wasn't.

Pray tell, what psychological advantage do the Pats have?  Homefield?  Nope.  Weather?  Nope.  Being the underdog?  Nope.  Revenge?  Nope.  Are the Steelers intimidated by the Pats?  Nope.  And last of all, do the Steelers feel they can't beat the Pats?  Nope.

210557[/snapback]

They've actually gotten it done in the past and have won this postseason in impressive fashion. The Stillers right now are in the "whew" frame of mind and they ain't playing the Jets this week. They think they can win - the Pats KNOW they can.

I'd say the Pats probably do have revenge as decent motivation. This is one animal that didn't like being backed into a corner.

BR better have his headgear on tight - he's in for it this weekend. If the Stillers don't get to Marcia early, it could be a LONG day.

They've actually gotten it done in the past and have won this postseason in impressive fashion.  The Stillers right now are in the "whew" frame of mind and they ain't playing the Jets this week.  They think they can win - the Pats KNOW they can.

Yep, and that's the psychological DISadvantage for the Pats. Personally I'd rather know I kicked the other team's ass but just came off a squeaker win to keep me humble, versus a blowout win. And the Pats have been "whew"ing it in the playoffs for years. Last weekend was the first blowout win they've had in the playoffs, and as a result, the Steelers are underdogs, which CAN'T sit too well with them.

I'd say the Pats probably do have revenge as decent motivation.  This is one animal that didn't like being backed into a corner.

The revenge factor works for both. Most of the Steelers' players are still there from the last meeting in 2001.

BR better have his headgear on tight - he's in for it this weekend.  If the Stillers don't get to Marcia early, it could be a LONG day.

Same goes for Marcia. Like I said, the Colts' weak defense held them to 6 points in the first half. The defenses aren't even in the same area code as far as dominance. And the Steelers have the running game to take it to the Pats, to minimize the role of their rookie QB.

Yep, and that's the psychological DISadvantage for the Pats. 

210606[/snapback]

BS. The Stillers have the recent history of losing playoff games (especially at home). The Pats have the recent history of winning them.

I'm most curious about how the game is going to be called by the zebras.