For those of you who gave up on EJ.....

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying excellent accuracy is going a little overboard...both his deep throws to Graham could hv n prob should hv been picked off. He also threw a short out that could hv easily been picked off and returned for 6

He obviously played better today but he still looks shakey in the pocket especially when his first read isn't open and he starts to panic. How many times did he start to scramble today when there wasn't even a rush?

EJ makes mistakes??? Ya don't say? The wind took his short throw to Graham on the TD, but his back to back deep throws to TJ and Goodwin were perfect!

Dude, he schooled a Rex Ryan defense after completely sh---ing the bed last week and against Rex last time. In bad weather. Does he have to fart rainbows and lower your mortgage interest rate to impress you? WTF?

You call 20-28 for 245 and 2 TDs getting schooled with one of those TDs basically a prayer being answered?

He played better today but lets keep it in perspective

This is the same Rex Ruan defense that went on the road and got destroyed by the Bengals and Dalton right so they are not exactly the 85 Bears either...WTF

Edited by Max997

Anyone who changed their mind this week who based their judgement on last week's performance is literally mentally ill, and should seek professional help.

You do realize that covers probably 50% of the posters here, right?

You call 20-28 for 245 and 2 TDs getting schooled with one of those TDs basically a prayer being answered?

He played better today but keys keep it in perspective

If you want to look at that line and suggest that Rex was able to stop EJ, be my guest.

Look, anytime their guy turns it over 4 times and you don't, you're likelier to win, but I think we saw why EJ was rated highly today, and again, in bad weather.

He played better today but lets keep it in perspective...WTF

did you see the jets bash drew brees's face in last week? it was definitely a good game from EJ vs a tough defense

So apparently Marrone and Hackett told EJ they wanted him to stop being afraid and come out firing today. That, coupled with seeing the Jets D for the second time in his young career, and possibly having Hackett on the sideline with him, led to his best game as a pro. His accuracy was extraordinary and his arm strength is a natural, uncoachable God-given skill.

He still gets a bit too jumpy in the pocket and doesn't go through all of his reads. On the third down play where Cromartie pushed Goodwin out of bounds, they panned to the All 22 angle and Hogan was WIDE open for an easy touchdown, but EJ locked onto his first read.

I continue to believe that the hurry up does not suit this player, because he's already in a hurry mentally. It seems like they rush to the line and then he rushes to his first read. At least today, his first read was a downfield one, unlike last week.

Having said all of that, today was a building block that hopefully is the first of many lights-out performances by EJ at the Ralph.

did you see the jets bash drew brees's face in last week? it was definitely a good game from EJ vs a tough defense

Not saying it wasn't but I wouldnt call his accuracy excellent on every pass either as was suggested

Was mentioned a lot today Jets have been an every other week team

Edited by Max997

So apparently Marrone and Hackett told EJ they wanted him to stop being afraid and come out firing today. That, coupled with seeing the Jets D for the second time in his young career, and possibly having Hackett on the sideline with him, led to his best game as a pro. His accuracy was extraordinary and his arm strength is a natural, uncoachable God-given skill.

He still gets a bit too jumpy in the pocket and doesn't go through all of his reads. On the third down play where Cromartie pushed Goodwin out of bounds, they panned to the All 22 angle and Hogan was WIDE open for an easy touchdown, but EJ locked onto his first read.

I continue to believe that the hurry up does not suit this player, because he's already in a hurry mentally. It seems like they rush to the line and then he rushes to his first read. At least today, his first read was a downfield one, unlike last week.

Having said all of that, today was a building block that hopefully is the first of many lights-out performances by EJ at the Ralph.

@mikerodak

Marrone says OC Nate Hackett will remain on sideline, not coaches booth, for remainder of season

He played better today but lets keep it in perspective

This is the same Rex Ruan defense that went on the road and got destroyed by the Bengals and Dalton right so they are not exactly the 85 Bears either...WTF

In fairness, while EJ's stats were padded by a 40 yd TD on that botched pass to Graham, he also made a very impressive deep pass to Goodwin earlier in the game that bounced off his hands. Stats are often deceptive, but I'd say EJ's stat line today if a fair representation of his performance. Good, not great, and if you can get that game out of him every week you'll go to the playoffs every year.

All week I was saying I would rather the bills lose with Manuel playing well than win with Manuel playing bad. It was great to see him bounce back after last week and look like the QB we thought we remembered from before his injury. He didn't play a perfect game but he was good, competent, with flashes of excellence and no major mistakes. In other words, exactly what you would hope for from a rookie with potential.

Edited by KikO M G

Not saying it wasn't but I wouldnt call his accuracy excellent on every pass either as was suggested

Was mentioned a lot today Jets have been an every other week team

I posted that incorrectly, it should have read all types of throws short, intermediate, and long. Not every single throw he made.

Something else that somewhat mitigates EJ's awful performance last week: Going in Pittsburgh had played terrible football, but it's looking like that was a good football team after all. They've won 4 of their last 6 and they just beat a very solid Det team by double digits.

Whatever their record is or was that was a very beatable Steelers team the Bills faced last week