Chris Gragg # 89 TE

Frez

Stevie Johnson was a 7th rounder I believe.

Agreed. As long as they start EJ, they have given up on winning and are in experiment mode. Might as well go full throttle on the experiments to see who we do and don't have.

Hard to overstate how absurd that statement is.

On review, Gragg did a nice job posting up his defender on the last TD of the game. He may be a useful player going forward, but like Chandler, is not the high end tight end we really need.

After seeing Gragg play one game I hope we give the kid a chance as fans. Throwing EJ to the wolves already is absurd to me. It takes time for players to develop and mature into a high end NFL type of player.

Remember Eric Moulds?

Gragg caught four passes on six targets for 25 yards and a touchdown during Sunday's loss at Pittsburgh.

Spin:

Those were the rookie's first catches of his NFL career, as he's been primarily used on special teams to date with Scott Chandler getting the bulk of the tight end reps. Chandler didn't get hurt in this one, but with Stevie Johnson (groin) getting injured and the wind blowing all over the place at Heinz Field, the Bills decided to keep things short and looked Gragg's way on several short routes. He's worth keeping an eye on down the road,

Edited by Frez

Hard to overstate how absurd that statement is.

On review, Gragg did a nice job posting up his defender on the last TD of the game. He may be a useful player going forward, but like Chandler, is not the high end tight end we really need.

What statement. That Stevie Johnson was a 7th rounder. That's a FACT. It can't be absurd. Or my comment about EJ. Well, that's an opinion perhaps, but if Tuel had started my guess is that the run game opens up and we beat Pittsburgh. Unless you think the Steeler defense is better than KC's, which, going on stats, it is not.

After seeing Gragg play one game I hope we give the kid a chance as fans. Throwing EJ to the wolves already is absurd to me. It takes time for players to develop and mature into a high end NFL type of player.

Remember Eric Moulds?

Gragg caught four passes on six targets for 25 yards and a touchdown during Sunday's loss at Pittsburgh.

Spin:

Those were the rookie's first catches of his NFL career, as he's been primarily used on special teams to date with Scott Chandler getting the bulk of the tight end reps. Chandler didn't get hurt in this one, but with Stevie Johnson (groin) getting injured and the wind blowing all over the place at Heinz Field, the Bills decided to keep things short and looked Gragg's way on several short routes. He's worth keeping an eye on down the road,

I think Gragg turns out to be a good TE, at least as good as Chandler. He hasn't been given any real opportunities yet in the offense, but hopefully he will get more chances going forward. He'd be a good player to have routinely in our Red Zone packages.

Remember Eric Moulds?

Spin:

Agreed. He has some potential. Was looked over due to injury as a senior i believe , and rightly so.

But with Chandler struggling lately and Smith mostly blocking , i say lets see if he and EJ can get some traction. Gragg does have some upside in my opinion. That being said Whaley needs to keep his eyes out for a TE upgrade.

I think Bills picked up that Rodriguez kid to pick up reps at ST so Gragg get focused in with the Offense ?

It was a mixed bag for me......

He had a drop for a catch with noone in front of him (and EJ really needs his receivers to make their catches) with Gragg's speed he could have scored or close to it on that play

Then later in the game nobody seems to have caught this.....EJ through the ball to him in traffic....THE BALL HITS HIM RIGHT IN THE HANDS even though he was triple covered....and he didnt make a play on it.......TIGHT ENDS NEED TO make these kinds of catches to help out their struggling rookie QB

I still maintain that we need to go with a high pick on a tight end this year....A TE with flypaper hands who can catch when he is covered and BLOCK are gold for a rookie QB.......we need to go more double TE set if we want to put together a power running game.

The first drop I put down to a rookie feeling the rookie pressures of making his first catch in the NFL.

The 2nd one......yes. Making that play would have helped establish his place on this team.

At this point I am with you that TE high in the draft, in the 1st(if appropriate) is a very logical choice.