Great article from Ed Kilgore on home page

Lest we forget, Bledsoe popped off the bench early when Tom Brady was hurt three years ago in the Pats AFC title game in Pittsburgh, and Drew led the Patriots to a 24-17 win and a trip to the Super Bowl.

This was used as a justification for keeping Bledsoe around for another season in Kilgore's article. (along with being able to throw the ball deep :( )

So coming up big when called upon once in your career buys you a "get out of Jail Free" card for the REST of your career?

The article is okay, but really only deserves the limited response it has received so far.

I wouldn't say Drew made bad passes that cost the team the Steelers game. I would say Tom Clements choked pretty hard in regards to play calling. They moved away from the aggressive play that had gotten them big leads and the Steelers ate them up. Oh yeah and the defense couldn't stop the Bus and Duce, nope wait that was Willy freakin Parker who ran all over them, but I forgot Drew plays defense and kicks field goals.

I wouldn't say Drew made bad passes that cost the team the Steelers game. I would say Tom Clements choked pretty hard in regards to play calling. They moved away from the aggressive play that had gotten them big leads and the Steelers ate them up. Oh yeah and the defense couldn't stop the Bus and Duce, nope wait that was Willy freakin Parker who ran all over them, but I forgot Drew plays defense and kicks field goals.

210295[/snapback]

Drew was hit by a blitzer on his front side and coughed up the ball for a TD late in the game. His passing was less than stellar, but it was that dreadful mistake that really hurt. If he hadn't been so mediocre all year, perhaps that mistake could be forgiven, but that was the last frickin' straw. It was time, he was due, to step up and get something done and he screwed the pooch like that Mead guy. Or was that a cat?