Thad listed as doubtful

tito1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are ridiculous for saying Tuel is going to be horrible, what are you basing that on? Tuel's game against the Browns, of which, coaches admittedly say he had 0 reps during practice that week? Give me a break!

If Tuel needs starter's reps to be an adequate backup, then he isn't an adequate backup.

Tuel has skills. Skills we don't even know about. Of course I'm only guessing, but how else did he make it this far? TJax was promptly cut upon Tuel's arrival. There are reasons to believe he has skills that exceed his competition. They see SOMETHING in him.

TJax was cut because they liked him and tried to help him find a job. They liked Tuel enough as a PS player and 3rd QB. Then Kolb went out for the year and he was elevated as they tried to find another guy. Thad became that guy and has been serviceable and tough as nails.

Good Lord, Tuel is a horror show. What will the excuse be after he craps the bed this time around? Love the posters who think getting a week of snaps will turn him into a pro bowler. Funny how Marrone has gone to great lengths to try to avoid putting him anywhere near the field again, but I guess he's out of options.

Yes he is out of options. Root for the kid to do what he did to Indy. Period. Support him. he is all we have at this point. Turnovers lose games. Key injuries lose seasons. We may be looking at the second one. We shall see.

Edited by 8and8Forever

If Tuel needs starter's reps to be an adequate backup, then he isn't an adequate backup.

So an adequate backup who's an UDRFA would have gone on the road, in prime time, against a top-10 pass defense, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...? The third quarter lead was relinquished three plays after it was had.

Ha, sure. Such eye-popping production, they were both had off waivers after the season began.

Nevermind reports that said Thad got the start because the Marrone knew he'd lose the lockerroom if he didn't.

Flynn has completed 63% of his passes and has 10TDs to 6 INTs. There is a reason that 2 teams pursued him before going with a younger option.

Dixon has a few NFL starts and can run the zone read (which may be the way to play against KC). He was a winner in college (which Tuel wasn't).

Let me flip the question, "what exactly has Tuel shown to warrant that he should play ahead of either of them?"

Flynn has completed 63% of his passes and has 10TDs to 6 INTs. There is a reason that 2 teams pursued him before going with a younger option.

Dixon has a few NFL starts and can run the zone read (which may be the way to play against KC). He was a winner in college (which Tuel wasn't).

Let me flip the question, "what exactly has Tuel shown to warrant that he should play ahead of either of them?"

This is foolish. Tuel knows our team and our offense better than Flynn or Dxon. The coaches know him better. It's their decision to make, and they are far more qualified to make it than you or me.

This is foolish. Tuel knows our team and our offense better than Flynn or Dxon. The coaches know him better. It's their decision to make, and they are far more qualified to make it than you or me.

Have they made a decision yet? No speculation based on who got how many snaps this week, just flat out, has a starter been named yet?

Tuel leading the Bills to victory over the 8-0 Chiefs...even if he only throws 12 passes...would be the biggest upset in years. There's just no way, KC would let the Bills running game beat them. They'd make the kid throw downfield and he looked like a poor mans Trent Edwards in preseason with almost no pocket presence to boot.

Tuel leading the Bills to victory over the 8-0 Chiefs...even if he only throws 12 passes...would be the biggest upset in years. There's just no way, KC would let the Bills running game beat them. They'd make the kid throw downfield and he looked like a poor mans Trent Edwards in preseason with almost no pocket presence to boot.

This. The guy just has never done anything (college or pro) to say that he belongs. He knows the play book -so what!! If he plays the Bills lose by 3 scores. If Thad can go I think that they win the game. If it is Flynn they have a fighting chance.

So an adequate backup who's an UDRFA would have gone on the road, in prime time, against a top-10 pass defense, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...? The third quarter lead was relinquished three plays after it was had.

The basic fact that he was the primary backup should make the fans question this coaching staffs evaluating ability. It's not too much to ask your primary backup QB to pick up a few first downs in two quarters of play.

The basic fact that he was the primary backup should make the fans question this coaching staffs evaluating ability. It's not too much to ask your primary backup QB to pick up a few first downs in two quarters of play.

Well, I count at least two instances of hyperbolic fantasy in your account of what happened. What exactly was the point you had to lie to try and make?

Exactly. Leaving Tuel as your main backup was incredibly irresponsible. Stupid, even.

So then the answer is no, a decision has yet to be made. Kinda silly making arguments for Tuel based on the assumption the coaches already named him starter when they haven't, don't ya think?

Thad is listed as doubtful, and Tuel has gotten more reps than Flynn.

So, there's a better than 50% chance Tuel will be the starter.

Silly? I think not.

Exactly. Leaving Tuel as your main backup was incredibly irresponsible. Stupid, even.

Right it was irresponsible because _______ was available.

Please fill in the blank.

Pocket presence is actually supposed to be Tuel's strength, according to a lot of the pre-draft scouting reports.

So an adequate backup who's an UDRFA would have gone on the road, in prime time, against a top-10 pass defense, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... not crapped his pants.

Tuel was in a tight spot and not up to the job of backup. That is what you are saying, and that is what I am saying.