Hate the Pats or Not...but I have to say....

best games I've seen by a LB in any football game I've ever seen. He was everywhere, and in everyone's face. All of the talk......including what I also thought......seemingly got to alot of the Patriots and they really stepped up and took it personal and not only beat the Colts, they intimidated them.

As a football fan, it was fun watching Bruschi play yesterday. Only a handful of defensive guys that have ever played the game are exciting to see take the field. Bruce Smith was ALWAYS fun to watch. If Bruschi is always like the way he played yesterday, what a treat Pats fans have.

God, I long for the days of the Bills back in the playoffs. I hope we get back there soon. Nothing like a cold weather playoff game.

I don't know what kinds of signing bonus or other bonuses Bruschi gets, but his base salary(see below) suggests New England is getting a bargain. The guy always seems to make one or two big plays every game.

per nflpa.org....

2000 450000.00

2001 600000.00

2002 650000.00

2003 850000.00

2004 700000.00

2005 850000.00

2006 1350000.00

2007 1700000.00

Bruschi is a stud... two of the lasting images from that game are 1) Bruschi taking the ball away from Rhodes and 2) on Indy's final drive, Burschi still playing fercociously, inciting the crowd, and after a Colt caught the ball along the sideline, he was like a gopher on acid, repeatedly burrowing his arms into the guy's chest trying to knock the ball loose.

Bruschi is a stud... two of the lasting images from that game are 1) Bruschi taking the ball away from Rhodes

That play should never have stood. The Colts should have challenged because Rhodes never had possession of the ball, didn't "make a football move" with it, and Bruschi didn't have full control of it when he hit the ground and the point of the ball hit the ground as well.

every Pats game I watch, this guy is an animal...character wins championships...he was classic after the game too, check out his post game comments walking off the field...I do not have a link, but they were classic

209082[/snapback]

Yes, I saw that too. During the game I was praying they would interview Bruschi after the game, but they didn't. Instead I saw it on ESPN today. He was, to say the least, PISSED at all the hype the Colts were getting this week.

Gotta love the way he stepped up!

Bruschi is a stud... two of the lasting images from that game are 1) Bruschi taking the ball away from Rhodes and 2) on Indy's final drive, Burschi still playing fercociously, inciting the crowd, and after a Colt caught the ball along the sideline, he was like a gopher on acid, repeatedly burrowing his arms into the guy's chest trying to knock the ball loose.

209113[/snapback]

You talk about classic......when he was trying to punch the ball out, I was dying laughing at his intensity. I was like.....look at that.....lol. It was pretty wild to say the least. I think at the end of that same play, as Bruschi was punching, didn't that same receiver then get leveled on the sideline by Harrison?

I don't know what kinds of signing bonus or other bonuses Bruschi gets, but his base salary(see below) suggests New England is getting a bargain.  The guy always seems to make one or two big plays every game.

per nflpa.org....

2000 450000.00

2001 600000.00

2002 650000.00

2003 850000.00

2004 700000.00

2005 850000.00

2006 1350000.00

2007 1700000.00

209075[/snapback]

Well, that is important to know - he signed a bonus heavy contract.

His cap figure in 2004 is $2,247,268 - sixth highest paid player on the team.

Bruschi is awesome, Jeramiah Trotter had a pretty dominating game for the Eagles as well, yesterday. I know they are in our division, and I should hate them, but I gotta say, I love the way the Patriots play football. I find it hard to hate them. No jerks on the team, and they just dictate most every game their way. I can't belive that so many people really thought the Colts would beat them, particularly in Foxboro. To me, Manning vs Brady is a no-brainer. Manning can have the numbers, Brady will take the wins. I like the fact that the best team in football is in our division. That way, you aspire to win the division, and you know you are a good football team, once you do. Will dreck like the Rams, Seahawks, Vikings, and the Packers ever be serious contenders in the near future. I don't think so, unless they change their philosophy some.

Bruschi is awesome, Jeramiah Trotter had a pretty dominating game for the Eagles as well, yesterday.  I know they are in our division, and I should hate them, but I gotta say, I love the way the Patriots play football.  I find it hard to hate them.  No jerks on the team, and they just dictate most every game their way.  I can't belive that so many people really thought the Colts would beat them, particularly in Foxboro.  To me, Manning vs Brady is a no-brainer.  Manning can have the numbers, Brady will take the wins.  I like the fact that the best team in football is in our division.  That way, you aspire to win the division, and you know you are a good football team, once you do.  Will dreck like the Rams, Seahawks, Vikings, and the  Packers ever be serious contenders in the near future.  I don't think so, unless they change their philosophy some.

209141[/snapback]

I kinda feel the same way. Also, it means that we have an awesome home game on our schedule again next year in NE. May have a chance to knock off the SB champs in our house. And I HATE the fuggin Steelers with a passion. HATE THEM. So, I'll be rooting for the Pats this week. Not sure about the SB, but this week....it's anyone who plays Pittsburgh.