NSA Hacked

Anonymous isn't so anonymous when they piss off the agencies who hire better hackers to track them down...

http://news.yahoo.co...--politics.html

Though somehow I doubt that they're accomplishing anything more than annoying a few people with these antics.

It's not that they're better hackers then Anon. They're just good at tracking them down. Finger prints get left.

I would take Anonymous over our government or any government 10 times over. Anonymous is such a large collection of dedicated activists of so many varying backgrounds that it cannot be pinned down to even be rated. The two being spoken of that are getting credit are probably so distant from the actual group or on the fringe that it doesn't matter.

As long as proxies, tor's and TrueCrypt exist then Anonymous will always function ahead of the government.

***Oh, and I am 99% certain this is just indictments on their online identifiers. It will likely not amount to anything, lest we forget in 2011 when the FBI arrested a 12 yr old girl believing her to be a key member of anonymous. Uh'merica!

Edited by jboyst62

***Oh, and I am 99% certain this is just indictments on their online identifiers. It will likely not amount to anything

Aaron Swartz and Barrett Brown might disagree with that.

I think the reach of the prosecutorial arm of the federal government is currently exceeding its grasp

Aaron Swartz and Barrett Brown might disagree with that.

Browns arrest was crap = he did it to himself. TinyChat? For real? That is not where you carry on undercover stuff. He was sloppy but they did a good job getting him. The FBI can do great things, especially an agent in Dallas.

Swartz has become larger in death then he did in life, and now a martyr for groups that continue to dig deeper and deeper underground. While they cannot go any deeper online they can get more complex and much larger. Any browsing of /b will show slight activity of Anonymous and thru sites like that hacktivists grow in popularity and number.

Eventually, the FBI won't be able to catch them all. It's a cat and mouse game with the cheese being knowledge. The cat wants to silence the mouse while the mouse simply wants to share the cheese.

Eventually, the FBI won't be able to catch them all. It's a cat and mouse game with the cheese being knowledge. The cat wants to silence the mouse while the mouse simply wants to share the cheese.

...and back in the real world, Anonymous is going to end when the FBI nabs a bunch more of them and most of the rest grow up, getting jobs.

Edited by Koko78

It's a cat and mouse game with the cheese being knowledge. The cat wants to silence the mouse while the mouse simply wants to share the cheese.

That's a great analogy. :lol:

...and back in the real world, Anonymous is going to end when the FBI nabs a bunch more of them and most of the rest grow up, getting jobs.

I seriously doubt that the FBI or any other law enforcement agency is ever going to end civilian cyberpunks.

Particularly when the federal government continues to show hostility towards its own citizens and constitution.

I seriously doubt that the FBI or any other law enforcement agency is ever going to end civilian cyberpunks.

Particularly when the federal government continues to show hostility towards its own citizens and constitution.

Nor are they really ever going to be anything more than a nuisance. Somehow I highly doube that this NSA DDOS "attack" did anything to affect their internal systems, just like when the CIA public site was "attacked" a few years ago.

Those guys grow up, those guys get replaced and by the time those guys grow up their is an all new format to the whole game. Their DDoS and LOIC can really mess some sites up. They have shut down Amazon, Mastercard, and many other sites for days as part of Operation Payback.

This is like Vietnam. The US will get lots of bodies and score a lot of victories but when there are so many hackativists on so many levels always going it will not matter.

Nor are they really ever going to be anything more than a nuisance. Somehow I highly doube that this NSA DDOS "attack" did anything to affect their internal systems, just like when the CIA public site was "attacked" a few years ago.

That nuisance has done more to impact the world then most companies in this country, probably 99% of them. From the original Guy Fawkes protests of the COS to Op Payback... Anonymous has done a lot. Hell, they not only made M00t Time man of the year they so finagled the results to make the entire thing a joke and spell out a message with the first letter of the first like 21 characters.