Bring Back Bobby!

Spillnation

If special teams performs brutal in this game we've got to replace Crossman. Easley is a helluva gunner among other terrific athletes on our ST. Theres no excuse... Marrone has high expectations for his players and coaching cannot hold this team back. I'd like to see what ol Bobby April's up to these days. Any takers?

Bobby April was severely overrated. I've stated this a few time but I thought he was terrible for our team. He was given far too much say in personal and we have ZERO backups at any position. How many times while he was here did we have to sign guys off the street to play LB for us because we didn't have a viable backup? It was a joke that we had to IR Poz with a 3 week injury in week two because we had no viable backup. We had great returns and coverage yeah, but our offense and defense couldn't get past one injury because we had no depth at all. I was glad when he was passed over and let go

Everyone wants to blame coaching. Replacing a coach midseason would suggest that the problems have been schematic. I don't think that this is necessarily true.

The final return in the Bengals game happened because of a lack of execution by the players. That was a good punt and the players were in position to make the tackle.

Marrone made it clear in his presser after the Dolphins game that Carpenter mishit the kickoff. That ball should have been out the back of the end zone.