Jimmy Graham May Be Out Sunday

Damn. That's like the best horror movie scene ever!

Thad is really going to need to grow up fast this game. I don't expect our defense to hold Brees to under 30 points. So Thad is going to have to have at least 3 passing TDs and we need either a pick 6 from the defense and/or 2 TDs on the ground to even contend.

This game honestly is the one that has me concerned the most. Graham or no Graham, if we can somehow beat the Saints, my outlook on the season will be that we can beat anybody. Saints are definitely the best offense we will be facing this year so this game relies heavily on Mike Pettine doing his homework. The Saints defense is beatable but our offense isn't that great so I think that that's an even matchup.

you know, i hadnt thought it til just now but beyond the previously mentioned ties between marrone and the saints offense - pettine certainly has ties to the ryans as well. im sure rex and rob will be talking about him.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills defense always seems to be the cure for whatever ails an opponent's rushing game. And I don't get that. We've got two guys at DT that should be beasts against the run, and a tacking machine at MLB, but every game there are at least 3 or 4 gashes. Tackling seems to be a big part of it, and also even when our guy stands up the runner it seems like there's a wave of blockers pushing the pile for another 3 yards.

The Bills defense always seems to be the cure for whatever ails an opponent's rushing game. And I don't get that. We've got two guys at DT that should be beasts against the run, and a tacking machine at MLB, but every game there are at least 3 or 4 gashes. Tackling seems to be a big part of it, and also even when our guy stands up the runner it seems like there's a wave of blockers pushing the pile for another 3 yards.

I mean teams usually run between 60-70 plays a game. The fact that they can't stop 3-4 gashes a game is pretty relative.

I'm with Utah John here and don't get exactly WHY this team isn't very good against the run, but then would also add that they're bad against the pass as well. 29th in run defense and 26th versus the pass. 23rd over all. 26th in first downs per game. If they don't win the turnover battle, I don't think they can beat the Saints.

I'm with Utah John here and don't get exactly WHY this team isn't very good against the run, but then would also add that they're bad against the pass as well. 29th in run defense and 26th versus the pass. 23rd over all. 26th in first downs per game. If they don't win the turnover battle, I don't think they can beat the Saints.

And again, those aggregates mean nothing considering how many plays they've been on the field for: 511, most in the NFL.

How about

Yards Per Play: 12th

Yards Per Passing Play: 12th

Yards Per Rushing Play: T-14th

Interceptions: 1st

Sacks: T-4th

Rushing TD's Allowed: T-2

Rushing TD'S per attempt: 3rd (with one team ahead of us having only played 6 games)

you know, i hadnt thought it til just now but beyond the previously mentioned ties between marrone and the saints offense - pettine certainly has ties to the ryans as well. im sure rex and rob will be talking about him.

Oh that call between the Ryans is probably being made right now for sure.

This being a momentum led league, I really hope this win has our team as a whole going into the game with momentum.

I agree with the pile always pushing forward on our defense, but this defense is better than any other we've had in the past few years. It can only get better IMO and tackling and stopping the run are the ones that stick out the most. Pressure on the QB needs to be happening more often also. Pressure on the QB leads to many mistakes. Interceptions, overthrows, underthrows, miscommunication, holding, intentional grounding, all that. Pressure on the QB is the key to beating Brees.