We should've traded A. Williams when his stock was high

FireChan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you believe we won't draft successful next year too? That stinks. Or do you think the FO believes they can't draft successfully again? I said sell high, not sell for nothing. I don't see how trading a second-stringer for a possible starter could be that big of a risk. Getting a complete "bust" would be worst case scenario, but we could get a potential starter or a second stringer at literally any other position and they would be more important to this team than AW. In the grand scheme of the future of this franchise, it'd be like betting 5 dollars and you can either end up with 15, 10, 5 or 0.

I have no idea how we'll draft next year. It's such a freaking crapshoot that all I can do is go on past drafts. You kind of make my argument for me when you say we could get a starter or we could get a bust. I know we have a guy who has shown he can be a decent starter at one of the safety positions. I know there is no way we are getting a second or third round pick for him, so there's no value or logic in trading him.

But I don't like the idea of trading guys when their value is high. That's not how you build a good team.