PFF: BUF/CIN re-focused

Bills beat the Dolphins this Sunday!

Bills finish season with 9-7 or 8-8 but miss the playoffs!

Bills screw themselves out of a good draft number in 2014!

Bills next three seasons end 8-8, 9-7, 8-8!

Bills mediocrity continues!

<_<

I kind of envy the Giants right now and the Colts a couple of years ago in the Luck sweepstakes. At least these near-perennial playoff teams know how to tank it the right way and get the top pick of the draft. Mediocrity kills.

I kind of envy the Giants right now and the Colts a couple of years ago in the Luck sweepstakes. At least these near-perennial playoff teams know how to tank it the right way and get the top pick of the draft. Mediocrity kills.

Why do you assume Eli Manning is done...The Giants have no running game and no receivers.

Why do you assume Eli Manning is done...The Giants have no running game and no receivers.

Why do you assume I think they'd take a QB with the top pick?! Never said Manning was done. Agree with you entirely about the talent around Manning. Didn't mean to insinuate they'd take a QB with my reference to Luck -- just talking top pick here, is all.

Edited by ChasBB

This is exactly what happens to a good QB when the team forgets to build a dominate running attack.

The Giants used to have a power running game and let Eli manage the game, like Joe Flacco, like Matt Ryan. Now when he is forced to shoulder the game by himself, and is failing. It also doesn't help that their defense is sucking.

The Jets did this same thing with Sanchez and he fell hard on his face. Not every QB is Tom Brady / Drew Brees who can win just by passing.

Bills beat the Dolphins this Sunday!

Bills finish season with 9-7 or 8-8 but miss the playoffs!

Bills screw themselves out of a good draft number in 2014!

Bills next three seasons end 8-8, 9-7, 8-8!

Bills mediocrity continues!

<_<

If the Bills actually finished 8-8 or 9-7 they wouild be headed in the right direction, not screwing themselves. I think many Buffalo fans have gotten to the point where the draft position is all they think about. They most likely have to go 8-8 before they go 11-5. We knew they wouldn't be a playoff team this year. And we all know that drafting position doesn't guarantee a great pick. Great picks can be had at position 18-25 also. With this being said, I don't see the Bills as an 8-8 team this year.

Edited by first_and_ten

more from PFF about the game...

08.00 – Bengals at Bills Game Notes

- The three highest graded players were Geno Atkins (+4.5), Jerry Hughes (+3.5) and Marvin Jones (+3.3)

- The three lowest graded players were Kiki Alonso (-3.1), Jermaine Grehsam (-2.5) and Colin Brown (-2.0)

- Despite picking up a sack and six hurries Mario Williams still walked away with a negative pass rush grade. Why? Well his sack was more of the clean up variety than beating a man, while two of his pressures came completely unblocked. Two more came against tight ends and were of a slow developing nature, all of which came on a gargantuan 43 pass rushes.

- A big day for Jones who averaged 3.94 yards per route run on his 18 routes. That’s him making a case to see more playing time over Mohammed Sanu (34 pass routes run). Never a bad thing when you out “YpRR” A.J. Green (2.34).

- Cincinnati remain a two tight end team. They used 12 personnel on exactly 50% of their offensive snaps, utilizing 21 personnel on just nine of 88 occasions.

That's right. When we are BAD we are 6-10 and when we are GOOD we are 8-8

more from PFF about the game...

08.00 – Bengals at Bills Game Notes

- The three highest graded players were Geno Atkins (+4.5), Jerry Hughes (+3.5) and Marvin Jones (+3.3)

- The three lowest graded players were Kiki Alonso (-3.1), Jermaine Grehsam (-2.5) and Colin Brown (-2.0)

- Despite picking up a sack and six hurries Mario Williams still walked away with a negative pass rush grade. Why? Well his sack was more of the clean up variety than beating a man, while two of his pressures came completely unblocked. Two more came against tight ends and were of a slow developing nature, all of which came on a gargantuan 43 pass rushes.

- A big day for Jones who averaged 3.94 yards per route run on his 18 routes. That’s him making a case to see more playing time over Mohammed Sanu (34 pass routes run). Never a bad thing when you out “YpRR” A.J. Green (2.34).

- Cincinnati remain a two tight end team. They used 12 personnel on exactly 50% of their offensive snaps, utilizing 21 personnel on just nine of 88 occasions.

I guess I would go back and watch more closely, but I thought Kiko played pretty well (other than getting juked by Andy Dalton on 3rd & 6th), and I thought Mario played hard through most of the game..I always pay a bit more of attention to him...the results (ie:stats) may not have been stellar but the effort was there...

Kiko had 22 tackles but too bad his tackles come 5-6 yards down field. We need him to help more in the run game. I would love to see him plug some holes once in a while

I noticed Kiko tackling a lot of guys who were missed by the first defender (Hughes included)...like I said, would have to go back and re-watch, but he broke up a few plays in the Bengals backfield. Let's face it, our secondary was a bit over matched yesterday as a whole...the Bengals took advantage.....

I would venture to say that Cruz and Nicks are one of the top 5 WR duos in all of football. Where are you getting "they have no receivers?"

Good grief, thank you for setting the record straight. If the Giants have "no receivers", I wish the Bills also had "no receivers" like that.