Chan Gailey is a great offensive mind

Hey man, you were the one that stated Dalton is only average and the jury is still out on Kaepernick.

Be nice if the Bills had a QB that took his team to back to back playoffs and yet was only average or one the jury was still out on that took his team to a super bowl

W-L is a team stat. QBs really do not win or lose games all on their own. Do you think Dalton would be as successful in Cincinnati without that stout defensive front or AJ Green? How has Kaepernick looked against decent defenses this season?

Before Kaepernick was installed as the starting QB, the Niners almost got to the Superbowl with Alex Smith during the 2011 season. If not for some muffed punts, the Niners would have likely played in the Superbowl. Also, The Niner's W-L record with Alex Smith under Harbaugh was 19-5-1 . So are you going to tell me that Alex Smith should be someone the Bills should have moved heaven and earth for since he was such a "winning" QB?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point was the Bills didn't even attempt to look at someone for QB other then Fitz, which is beyond moronic!!

What offers, from what teams and for what position? Have a link?

Hey man, you were the one that stated Dalton is only average and the jury is still out on Kaepernick.

Be nice if the Bills had a QB that took his team to back to back playoffs and yet was only average or one the jury was still out on that took his team to a super bowl

He said he got offers. I doubt he lied. Even Jauron got another job. I didn't say either of those things about Dalton or Kaepernick. Didn't Sanchise take his team to back to back AFC championship games? What did his jury decide? Kaep played 1/4th of the year on a team firing on all cylinders that made the NFC championship the previous year. Doesn't make him a HoFer.

http://www.buffaloru...itting-out-2013

Like I said, his only fault was sticking with his man. Loyal to a fault. Doesn't make him "awful." Look at Rex. Great defensive mind, loyal as heck to Sanchise.

You're using these logical fallacies like comparing W-L when we had the worst defense historically last year. That's not Chan's offenses' fault.

Edited by FireChan

Remember how he stuck with Fitz even Fitz was so ineffective? He didn't even dress TJack the whole time he was the HC. His team didn't win too many games and it wasn't always the defense's fault. It hasn't been that long ago. You guys all have short memory!

W-L is a team stat. QBs really do not win or lose games all on their own. Do you think Dalton would be as successful in Cincinnati without that stout defensive front or AJ Green? How has Kaepernick looked against decent defenses this season?

Before Kaepernick was installed as the starting QB, the Niners almost got to the Superbowl with Alex Smith during the 2011 season. If not for some muffed punts, the Niners would have likely played in the Superbowl. Also, The Niner's W-L record with Alex Smith under Harbaugh was 19-5-1 . So are you going to tell me that Alex Smith should be someone the Bills should have moved heaven and earth for since he was such a "winning" QB?

All three of those QB's are better then Fitz by a mile, and I highly doubt the Bills even draft EJ if they had any one of them on their roster.

Most Bills fans always point the finger at the QB, and in your case its everybody else but the QB, right?

He said he got offers. I doubt he lied. Even Jauron got another job. I didn't say either of those things about Dalton or Kaepernick. Didn't Sanchise take his team to back to back AFC championship games? What did his jury decide? Kaep played 1/4th of the year on a team firing on all cylinders that made the NFC championship the previous year. Doesn't make him a HoFer.

http://www.buffaloru...itting-out-2013

Like I said, his only fault was sticking with his man. Loyal to a fault. Doesn't make him "awful." Look at Rex. Great defensive mind, loyal as heck to Sanchise.

You're using these logical fallacies like comparing W-L when we had the worst defense historically last year. That's not Chan's offenses' fault.

Funny that his first choice for QB back in 2010 was Trent Edwards ...wasted an entire pre season on a player who he would cut after 2 regular season games. Yea, loyal to a fault. :doh:

His biggest fault was sticking with a broken backup QB for three long years, a QB who should have never been the starter after the 2010 season.

The man have many many serious faults. Lack of identifying talent at any position (RT Cornell Green, et al)but mostly at the QB position. Not utilizing his best players more often (RB's) over a broken QB. Failure to properly identify a decent defensive coordinator, and scheme. I'll never understand why Bills fans will devotedly defend a loser like Chan Gailey.

Was Chan Gailey a good guy and a decent human being, you bet! Would I want him back in Buffalo in any coaching capacity, no way!!

Did you actually read the tweets from the link you posted? Most are hilarious....

Chan Gailey received interest from teams. I know because 2 NFL executives asked me for his agent's contact info (Chan has an obscure agent).

Offensive genius?

Let take a look at points scored by the Bills in 2012:

At 49ers (blowout loss): 3-45.. Wow, 3 whole points :sick:

At Texans: 9–21 (loss).. Wow, 3 field goals

Versus Rams: 12–15 (loss).. Cant seem to find the end zone huh?

Versus Seahawaks: 17–50 ( blowout loss).. This was such a blowout, I'm sure any points were scored by Buffalo was during garbage time :sick:

At Dolphins: 10–24.. another fine showing by the offensive genius.

I DON'T MISS CHAN AT ALL!

Funny that his first choice for QB back in 2010 was Trent Edwards ...wasted an entire pre season on a player who he would cut after 2 regular season games. Yea, loyal to a fault. :doh:

His biggest fault was sticking with a broken backup QB for three long years, a QB who should have never been the starter after the 2010 season.

The man have many many serious faults. Lack of identifying talent at any position (RT Cornell Green, et al)but mostly at the QB position. Not utilizing his best players more often (RB's) over a broken QB. Failure to properly identify a decent defensive coordinator, and scheme. I'll never understand why Bills fans will devotedly defend a loser like Chan Gailey.

Was Chan Gailey a good guy and a decent human being, you bet! Would I want him back in Buffalo in any coaching capacity, no way!!

Did you actually read the tweets from the link you posted? Most are hilarious....

Chan Gailey received interest from teams. I know because 2 NFL executives asked me for his agent's contact info (Chan has an obscure agent).

I don't think idiotic fan tweets count as evidence towards a coaches ineptitude.

He wasted a whole preseason on Trent? Wow what an idiot. We all know how important 3 quarters of fake football with starters can be. Thank god EJ didn't miss any of that important preseason, he'd probably have 30 INT's right now. He had trouble identifying talent? Oh yeah, like that CJ Spiller kid he got, who had 1600 yards last year. Spiller's on pace for 800 this year? You don't say. What about our O-line? Yeah they're crap too, it's not like one commanded one of the highest guard salaries in the NFL or that we signed the center for a long term deal. Cordy Glenn? He's crap, way to go Chan. Kraig Urbik? He's garbage too, this guy just can't evaluate talent. Jairus Byrd? He sucks. Stephon Gilmore? Bust. Aaron Williams? Oh now he's a baller? Way to go Chan, you wasted another high draft pick.

We really sucked with the run too last year, we weren't top 10 ranked or anything. Classic Chan, so stupid.

I think you didn't read what the topic was about. It was about his offense. Which overachieved. Not about his inability to pick a competent DC, we know that. No one wants Chan as our HC again, he can't work with all 3 phases. But offensively, he was pretty good with what he had, 3 WR's who aren't in the league anymore and an inconsistent QB.

Edited by FireChan

I don't think idiotic fan tweets count as evidence towards a coaches ineptitude.

He wasted a whole preseason on Trent? Wow what an idiot. We all know how important 3 quarters of fake football with starters can be. Thank god EJ didn't miss any of that important preseason, he'd probably have 30 INT's right now. He had trouble identifying talent? Oh yeah, like that CJ Spiller kid he got, who had 1600 yards last year. Spiller's on pace for 800 this year? You don't say. What about our O-line? Yeah they're crap too, it's not like one commanded one of the highest guard salaries in the NFL or that we signed the center for a long term deal. Cordy Glenn? He's crap, way to go Chan. Kraig Urbik? He's garbage too, this guy just can't evaluate talent. Jairus Byrd? He sucks. Stephon Gilmore? Bust. Aaron Williams? Oh now he's a baller? Way to go Chan, you wasted another high draft pick.

We really sucked with the run too last year, we weren't top 10 ranked or anything. Classic Chan, so stupid.

I think you didn't read what the topic was about. It was about his offense. Which overachieved. Not about his inability to pick a competent DC, we know that. No one wants Chan as our HC again, he can't work with all 3 phases. But offensively, he was pretty good with what he had, 3 WR's who aren't in the league anymore and an inconsistent QB.

You are correct, his own ineptitude counts towards his ineptitude. :lol:

So, now Gailey was the GM and drafted all those players the last three years...good for him !!

Yea I agree, Chan was very good at getting decent production out of some average players. But who cares about stats if he doesn't know how to win games!

16 - 32. 3rd and 1. 5 wides.

Hackett seems a bit stupid, I saw the run game wasn't working in preseason and it took him til week 4 to change it, still haven't seen a screen since week1, ridiculous. Chan however put up 17 points a game or so after week 8 of each nfl season he coached, so whats with the love fest? you all think 17 points a game per season is good? I remember slant after slant, who cant call that?.....but at least he had a screen once a year...come on now Hackett!

Edited by enlightener

Andy Dalton is an average QB. The jury is still out on Kaepernick. No way Manning would have signed with the Bills for any amount of money. Only Wilson might be considered a big miss at this stage.

And Wilson is surrounded with great talent on both offense and defense.

You are correct, his own ineptitude counts towards his ineptitude. :lol:

So, now Gailey was the GM and drafted all those players the last three years...good for him !!

Yea I agree, Chan was very good at getting decent production out of some average players. But who cares about stats if he doesn't know how to win games!

Coaches don't have any input on who they want to draft? Why are we crowning Marrone and Whaley for going to get their guy?

What you just agreed with is what this whole topic was about.

Hackett seems a bit stupid, I saw the run game wasn't working in preseason and it took him til week 4 to change it, still haven't seen a screen since week1, ridiculous. Chan however put up 17 points a game or so after week 8 of each nfl season he coached, so whats with the love fest? you all think 17 points a game per season is good? I remember slant after slant, who cant call that?.....but at least he had a screen once a year...come on now Hackett!

1600 yards for CJ. What's he on pace for this year?

Coaches don't have any input on who they want to draft? Why are we crowning Marrone and Whaley for going to get their guy?

What you just agreed with is what this whole topic was about.

1600 yards for CJ. What's he on pace for this year?

There was a reason Gailey was FIRED!! Oh yea, 16 games won out of 32=.333 and last in the AFC East every year!! Oh, but you want him for OC. His last stint as OC his KC team went 2-14...no thank you!

Because even if EJ fails as being a good starting QB, at least they tried to develop a rookie. Gailey hitched his wagon to a bad QB and rode him into the ground.

Who cares about 1600 yards if you don't win games!! Doug Marrone & Nathaniel Hackett are now 2-2. If Spiller finishes the year with 600 yards and the TEAM goes 8-8 it will be more successful then Gailey. I agreed before that Chan was good at getting good production out of average players. Its not about stats, get over the stats willya, its about winning games.

As I think back on the 2010 season Gailey was lucky as heck Fitz was even on the roster!! If not I doubt the Bills win a game that year. Let's not forget that when QB coach David Lee was hired last season Fitz spoke about how nobody had ever worked with him on his footwork or mechanics before Lee. This tells me that Gailey did absolutely nothing to improve Fitzpatrick as a QB.

Gailey failed to improve Trent Edwards, failed with Brian Brohm, failed with a rookie QB he drafted in Levi Brown, failed with Tavaris Jackson, failed with Vince Young, failed with Brad Smith as a QB, failed with Tyler Thigpen who he coached at KC in 2008. Jeez, one lone QB out of eight able play decently in his offense, and never won more then six games at that.

You can polish a turd eight ways to Sunday, and in the end... it is still a turd! Dunno why you are so enamored with a bad HC, bad OC, but so be it. You can have the last word on this.

Chan was good not great. He is one of those guys that thinks the system is more important then the players. He was stubborn and refused to make Spiller and Jackson the focal point of the offense instead forcing a passing game with career backup QB and a bunch of wide receivers that shouldn't even be on the roster outside of Stevie

The one thing I really liked about Chans offense though is that he designed plays to get receivers open instead of just having them run routes and hope they would be open

In saying that Hackett is terrible

There was a reason Gailey was FIRED!! Oh yea, 16 games won out of 32=.333 and last in the AFC East every year!! Oh, but you want him for OC. His last stint as OC his KC team went 2-14...no thank you!

Because even if EJ fails as being a good starting QB, at least they tried to develop a rookie. Gailey hitched his wagon to a bad QB and rode him into the ground.

Who cares about 1600 yards if you don't win games!! Doug Marrone & Nathaniel Hackett are now 2-2. If Spiller finishes the year with 600 yards and the TEAM goes 8-8 it will be more successful then Gailey. I agreed before that Chan was good at getting good production out of average players. Its not about stats, get over the stats willya, its about winning games.

As I think back on the 2010 season Gailey was lucky as heck Fitz was even on the roster!! If not I doubt the Bills win a game that year. Let's not forget that when QB coach David Lee was hired last season Fitz spoke about how nobody had ever worked with him on his footwork or mechanics before Lee. This tells me that Gailey did absolutely nothing to improve Fitzpatrick as a QB.

Gailey failed to improve Trent Edwards, failed with Brian Brohm, failed with a rookie QB he drafted in Levi Brown, failed with Tavaris Jackson, failed with Vince Young, failed with Brad Smith as a QB, failed with Tyler Thigpen who he coached at KC in 2008. Jeez, one lone QB out of eight able play decently in his offense, and never won more then six games at that.

You can polish a turd eight ways to Sunday, and in the end... it is still a turd! Dunno why you are so enamored with a bad HC, bad OC, but so be it. You can have the last word on this.

So if you agree that he gets good production out of guys, why are you arguing in the topic that says he was good on offense? I understand that stats don't tell the whole story, but you don't think if Spiller had 400 yards and 3 TD's right now, we wouldn't be 4-0? Stats are there to show who contributed to the outcome. We're talking about stirctly OC here. Do you blame Pettine for the Jets' woes last year? Because under your line of thinking, you should. He went 6-10 last year, he sucks. It's about winning games, not stats.

Edited by FireChan

So if you agree that he gets good production out of guys, why are you arguing in the topic that says he was good on offense? I understand that stats don't tell the whole story, but you don't think if Spiller had 400 yards and 3 TD's right now, we wouldn't be 4-0? Stats are there to show who contributed to the outcome. We're talking about stirctly OC here. Do you blame Pettine for the Jets' woes last year? Because under your line of thinking, you should. He went 6-10 last year, he sucks. It's about winning games, not stats.

I agree Chan gets production out of his players but that production doesn't translate into wins