New Government Mule

Simon

Jam-On on XM/Sirius has been pushing the new album really hard the last couple days.

Tomorrow night at 8:00 they'll be re-running a show with Warren Haynes in studio introducing everything on the album trak-by-track. I caught part of it the other night and it was some pretty good stuff.

Check it out if you're interested.

Gov't Mule kicks ass! I've got tickets to see them Halloween at the Fox Theater in Oakland. The first set for Halloween (affectionately called Muleoween) is a cover of some band. They sometimes do a full album (they did Who's Next when we saw them Halloween 2 years ago) or just random covers. They did a two hour first set of Hendrix Halloween last year. So the fun thing is figuring out what cover they'll do. How about some suggestions (and !@#$ you, this is not asking for advice). Here's one I threw out for two years ago.

King Crimson The Court of the Crimson King. From 2011:

Gov't Mule kicks ass! I've got tickets to see them Halloween at the Fox Theater in Oakland. The first set for Halloween (affectionately called Muleoween) is a cover of some band. They sometimes do a full album (they did Who's Next when we saw them Halloween 2 years ago) or just random covers. They did a two hour first set of Hendrix Halloween last year. So the fun thing is figuring out what cover they'll do. How about some suggestions (and !@#$ you, this is not asking for advice). Here's one I threw out for two years ago.

King Crimson The Court of the Crimson King. From 2011:

My favorite Who album (and cover). I'd prefer to see them try and do Discipline if they're going to run through a King Crimson album, but I don't know if they could pull it off.

If I could pick one album to see them do, I think I'd go with Waiting for Columbus. Lowell George's stuff would be right in their wheelhouse, plus the show itself would end up being a great party.

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like we'll be getting The Doors. I'm cool with that and a great tribute to Ray Manzerak. Nothing official announced but this poster pretty much says it all. BTW I'm expecting a VERY long first set seeing some of the Doors songs can turn into very long jams.

muledoorsween1.jpg

Edited by Chef Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Set list from last night. First set mostly songs from their new CD which was good. Robby was great and really seemed to be enjoying himself. He regaled us with great stories of the Doors and Jim between songs. Warren did a fantastic job with the vocals. I was up against the stage and got great pics but I don't know how to add them here.

Set 1

Mule >

Kind Of Bird

Scared To Live

Captured

No Reward

No Need To Suffer

Stoop So Low (Outro 1)

Bring On The Music

Set 2 with Robby Krieger

Break On Through (To The Other Side)

Five To One