Nice article on Kiko

YoloinOhio

if it wasn't for the struggles of the offense (EJ in particular), he would be getting a lot more coverage.

he's a Bill..he'll never get any coverage..it's just the way the media works...still waiting for nfl.com's pepsi next rookie of the week nomination...if a guy like Tyrann Mathieu can get a nomination for 6 tackles, 1 tackle for loss and 1 pass deflection but Kiko gets no nomination when he had 9 tackles, 1 interception and a sack to keep Panthers from throwing hail marry and end the game...then the only reason has to be he plays for a crappy team named Buffalo Bills...only other reason might be they can't nominate more then 1 person from each team as E.J was also nominated...you choose

Edited by Tsaikotic

A rookie playing every single defensive snap, and making plays despite a secondary that will allow QB to throw early. The kid will end up hitting a wall they all do but I am more impressed then I ever thought with his play. The Run defense will come in time as for now making turnovers is the best you can ask of any player. Also has he had many penalties called on him? I don't remember which is a good sign also.

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

http://nfldraftdiamo...type-of-season/

After three games, Alonso has recorded 27 tackles, 2 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, a sack and a fumble recovered. In Fantasy Football that is amazing, and you would be getting good points for production like that.

In his senior year at Oregon Alonso recorded 87 total tackles (62 solo, 25 assisted), including 16 tackles of loss, a sack, four interceptions, seven pass deflections and two forced fumbles.

He is on pace to put up better production at the next level, AND HE’S A ROOKIE.

Right now Alonso is on pace to finish the season with 144 tackles (96 solo), 5 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, 6 plus interceptions, and several more forced fumbles.

If he finishes his rookie year with production like that, he would be the rookie of the year. That would be equivalent to Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly who won defensive rookie of the year last season.

just to get more traffic to your post.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

News and Notes

Rookie Showing Improvement

We’re constantly getting bombarded by Bills fans asking why LB Kiko Alonso’s name hasn’t come up in the Race for Rookie of the Year, and his time may be coming soon. To this point, he’s still looked too much like a rookie at times, over-shooting gaps and struggling to get off blocks, but he’s made beautiful interceptions two weeks in a row and his +3.3 coverage grade is tops among inside linebackers. If he cleans up some of the issues in the run game, he has a chance to crack the Top 10 very soon.

News and Notes

Rookie Showing Improvement

We’re constantly getting bombarded by Bills fans asking why LB Kiko Alonso’s name hasn’t come up in the Race for Rookie of the Year, and his time may be coming soon. To this point, he’s still looked too much like a rookie at times, over-shooting gaps and struggling to get off blocks, but he’s made beautiful interceptions two weeks in a row and his +3.3 coverage grade is tops among inside linebackers. If he cleans up some of the issues in the run game, he has a chance to crack the Top 10 very soon.

we seem to have luck with 2nd round dbs

No if the Bills were not an irrelevant team for over a decade he would be getting coverage. In addition to bigger market visibility winning gets you noticed.

Honest question, I can't remember whether Keuchly got a lot of coverage last year during the season? I would think the Panthers/Charlotte are a similar team/market in terms of size and relevancy.

if it wasn't for the struggles of the offense (EJ in particular), he would be getting a lot more coverage.

what's that quote we all loved? hmm.... oh yeah

let me alter is slightly

Edge can not f****ing throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times. and I can't believe they can't get seperation either!!!

EJ doesn't run the ball over 50% of the snaps either!