When Will Hackett Figure Out How to Produce?

FireChan

15 members have voted

1. 1. When Will Hackett Figure Out How to Produce With Our Offense?

• Next 1-2 weeks
    • After the Bye
    • Next season
    • Never, bring back Chan
    • Change your name to FireHackett, you nut

Obviously we have some question marks on offense. Graham, Goodwin, Woods. Spiller isn't producing as well. EJ is having difficulties.

Note: this isn't based off just last game. I know some players are rookies, but the question is when will Hackett start to get the best out of them all?

Hackett is showing his inexperience. The Offense isn't very diverse. They run a hurry up offense but the scheme is so basic and predictable that the hurry up doesn't really accomplish much besides getting the defense onto the field quicker. Spiller thrived last year. Why? Gailey got him into favorable matchups and into space. Hackett doesn't know how to use him. Of course, last year gailey was criticized for not using him enough. Maybe Gailey knew what he was doing. I know this is not a situation that could have happened, but the Bills would have been better off with Gailey as OC this year.

its a tough line to walk for him all we talk about is giving cj the ball then we do and now we are not doing it right...............teams are stacking the but keying cj up the middle outside zone read period he is our threat hes a game breaker i say stick with him with it (the game plan) hes our best chance he will get loose soon ......and that will help out ej i think we are in a win now mode but realize we have one more year before we are in that top tier discussion

young and talented

keep working

I'm annoyed. I really thought we had an innovative mind. After 2 games, I feel we are overmatched with our offensive play calling. While chan sucked as a head coach, he was was much better calling plays and implementing a game plan on offense. I hope he gets better. I hope Marrone realizes our current system isn't effective and it needs to be tweaked.

when our QB can get accurate and can handle more of the offense.

This and when Hackett and the Bills dump this no huddle crap. At least until the above happens. They are doing EJ no favors by rushing him to the line over and over again. Let the kid take his time, huddle up and regather himself between plays. Once he's a vet unleash your no huddle but for now give it a rest.

This and when Hackett and the Bills dump this no huddle crap. At least until the above happens. They are doing EJ no favors by rushing him to the line over and over again. Let the kid take his time, huddle up and regather himself between plays. Once he's a vet unleash your no huddle but for now give it a rest.

Agreed.

I can't believe I'm saying this but we should have kept Fitz because he is way more durable than Kolb and for all his limitations he would have done well in a west coast based K-gun system and EJ could have come in next year like Kaepernick did.

I really wish we traded for Alex Smith who would have won these first 3 games and draft a better prospect next year or so. This past draft was one of the weakest in awhile and we would have been wise not reach in the first round for one.

Agreed.

I can't believe I'm saying this but we should have kept Fitz because he is way more durable than Kolb and for all his limitations he would have done well in a west coast based K-gun system and EJ could have come in next year like Kaepernick did.

I really wish we traded for Alex Smith who would have won these first 3 games and draft a better prospect next year or so. This past draft was one of the weakest in awhile and we would have been wise not reach in the first round for one.

I'm nowhere near ready to throw in the towel on EJ. I think the kid is going to end up being a good QB but his OC needs to help him get there. He was abysmal this week to be sure but growing pains are to be expected. His main problem is his footwork. When he has time to throw his footwork isn't horrible but the moment he's rushed he just wings it and his throws are about as inaccurate as a QB can be.

anyone who watches football on a regular basis can see that Hackett's play calling is a significant problem. He is too predictable and he's not using his players to their strengths. Too many first and second down runs putting Manuel in obvious passing situation, far too few play action passes and CJ not getting the ball on the edge. Twice in the game the Jets had 11 on the line and the Bills both times threw fade plays and this isn't EJ strength. Why are those plays not being checked to inside leverage post play into the wide open middle.

The coaches need to work more with the receivers on helping their QB and getting position on the corners.

frustrated because the Jets did everything they could to hand us the game and the coaches, plus EJ, did nothing to take advantage of it.