49ers LB Aldon Smith arrested for DUI...and more

YoloinOhio

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harbaugh says 49ers don't have authority to suspend him, it has to come from the NFL and they are still deciding what to do. So he will play today. OK - so he can't deactivate him but he does not have to play him. And after all the DUI incidences in the NFL you have to think the commish is going to come down hard on this kid after he drive himself into a tree. It can't be tolerated and they have the means and resources to be driven home. Not to mention being above the legal limit at prtactice time. Unacceptable. He did miss a meeting that morning and the team can fin him about 10k for that.

Harbaugh says 49ers don't have authority to suspend him, it has to come from the NFL and they are still deciding what to do. So he will play today. OK - so he can't deactivate him but he does not have to play him. And after all the DUI incidences in the NFL you have to think the commish is going to come down hard on this kid after he drive himself into a tree. It can't be tolerated and they have the means and resources to be driven home. Not to mention being above the legal limit at prtactice time. Unacceptable. He did miss a meeting that morning and the team can fin him about 10k for that.

Nonsense:

Last season, when defensive tackle DeMarcus Dobbs was arrested on similar charges after a single-car accident, they left him at home while the rest of the team traveled to St. Louis.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/20/add-possession-of-marijuana-to-aldon-smiths-list/

Maybe they can't suspend him but they can discipline him.

On NFLN they said that it had to be his decision to voluntarily enter rehab. Not sure about the suspension.

from all ive seen he asked to be excused for rehab - id guess league discipline will count some of that as time served when suspensions come around.

• 3 weeks later...

Aldon Smith charged with assault weapon possession

The charges arose from a June 29, 2012, house party hosted by Smith at his home in the San Jose, Calif., area. Here is how the Santa Clara Office of the District Attorney described what happened: The party included a $10 entrance fee. Gang members arrived, paid the fee and eventually a confrontation happened. First, someone fired a handgun into Smith's garage. Smith then fired a handgun from his balcony to dissipate the crowd. A friend of Smith later fired the same gun in the air several times. Ultimately, two people were shot by an "unknown party guest," prosecutors said, and Smith was stabbed.

Gee...you'd think that $10 entrance fee would have kept out the riff-raff.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259850/article/aldon-smith-charged-with-assault-weapon-possession

Aldon Smith charged with assault weapon possession

The charges arose from a June 29, 2012, house party hosted by Smith at his home in the San Jose, Calif., area. Here is how the Santa Clara Office of the District Attorney described what happened: The party included a $10 entrance fee. Gang members arrived, paid the fee and eventually a confrontation happened. First, someone fired a handgun into Smith's garage. Smith then fired a handgun from his balcony to dissipate the crowd. A friend of Smith later fired the same gun in the air several times. Ultimately, two people were shot by an "unknown party guest," prosecutors said, and Smith was stabbed.

Gee...you'd think that $10 entrance fee would have kept out the riff-raff.

http://www.nfl.com/n...apon-possession

Considering the price of ammo nowadays, they must be loaded to just fire into the air.

This is just a bad thing all around. This isnt pot or a couple drinks. the guy is F troop . get him some help please.

The NFL gets more integrity every day

Well, he's in rehab so the help parts happening. A little perspective on how little we know behind the scenes with some players though. Sometimes when I don't get a move I remind myself of guys like this. Just because they haven't been arrested doesn't mean teams don't have ideas about what's going on behind the scenes and it may explain our confusion on why a guys allowed to walk, passed in the draft, or whatever.

Between the substance suspensions, and now an assault weapon at a party where someone was shot he may see a full year off between rehab and the various suspensions

Edited by NoSaint

Well, he's in rehab so the help parts happening. A little perspective on how little we know behind the scenes with some players though. Sometimes when I don't get a move I remind myself of guys like this. Just because they haven't been arrested doesn't mean teams don't have ideas about what's going on behind the scenes and it may explain our confusion on why a guys allowed to walk, passed in the draft, or whatever.

Between the substance suspensions, and now an assault weapon at a party where someone was shot he may see a full year off between rehab and the various suspensions

You are usually the check and balance around here. and i respect your considerations

But the ones that are tolerated drive me nuts. The players that are over the edge and still play. Maybe why they continue to enlarge the rule book ? to accomodate aggressive and reckless behaviour on and off the field.

Crew cuts and black socks. asleep at 9 up at 5. geez where the hell is Earl Morral and Johnny Unitas. oh wait