There is a totally different feeling

Clockwork

For myself as a Bills fan, I've been waiting for this team to go all in on a rebuild since 2001. It all starts with the top and trickles down, and Brandon, Whaley, Marrone, Pettine and Hackett have really changed the way that team is perceived when it comes to being a winner.

I love the way that this offseason went, into the beginning of this season, and seeing our draft picks and high priced free agents actually performing at a very high level. Coaches are getting the most from both younger players and veterans alike - how impressive has McKelvin, Mario and Aaron Williams so far this season?

We finally did what they needed to do pretty much since this playoff drought started, and I for one, as a life long Bills fan, am very very happy and excited with the direction of the franchise. The arrow is pointed up!

For myself as a Bills fan, I've been waiting for this team to go all in on a rebuild since 2001. It all starts with the top and trickles down, and Brandon, Whaley, Marrone, Pettine and Hackett have really changed the way that team is perceived when it comes to being a winner.

I love the way that this offseason went, into the beginning of this season, and seeing our draft picks and high priced free agents actually performing at a very high level. Coaches are getting the most from both younger players and veterans alike - how impressive has McKelvin, Mario and Aaron Williams so far this season?

We finally did what they needed to do pretty much since this playoff drought started, and I for one, as a life long Bills fan, am very very happy and excited with the direction of the franchise. The arrow is pointed up!

+1

Thank God Buddy Nix is gone. He sucked.

Except the little fact that he's largely responsible for the current roster, and participated in the hiring process of Marrone.

Cue the "Russ Brandon manipulated everyone and Whaley was really running this draft and offseason" conspiracy theorists.

Edit: I think you were being sarcastic. ;)

Edited by eball

I think that Brandon and Whaley have to get some credit for this. Not all of it, obviously, but for setting the framework for a series of things to happen. I'm with those who think besides EJ, and maybe even more so than EJ, Mike Pettine is the biggest addition to this team. But that probably wouldn't have happened if Brandon and Whaley didn't make Marrone the early choice and immediately go full bore after Pettine and convince him in a few hours to join the Bills. In this respect, some credit has to go to Buddy Nix because I don't think that Pettine comes here without Mario and Dareus and Gilmore.

The concept of a young Prez, young GM, and young, disciplined, aggressive coach very much appealed to Pettine. Turning the #8 pick into EJ and Kiko also looks like a brilliant move although the jury is still out. That seemed to be a Brandon and Whaley move from what I have heard.

Except the little fact that he's largely responsible for the current roster, and participated in the hiring process of Marrone.

Cue the "Russ Brandon manipulated everyone and Whaley was really running this draft and offseason" conspiracy theorists.

Edit: I think you were being sarcastic. ;)

Don't kid yourself -- Whaley/Brandon hired the coaching staff and Whaley ran the draft --- Nix was an observer --- no different than Nix first draft with Modrak, when Modrak was an observer --- Nix does deserve some credit --- he did put together some pieces that are still with current team and key parts --- Glenn, Spiller, Carrington, Gilmore, Pears to name several --- but 3 years of drafting and FA will go down as a failure based on performance on the field --- which is judged by his year #3 --- 6-10 record --- so far, Whaley is off to a good start -- strong draft (still too early) -- a good trade Sheppard-Hughes --- but he needs his boss Ru$$ to give him some money $$ to get a couple key FA's

Not sure things could be going much better. Its not about wins and losses this year, they need to get a team together, so if they play well and lose to the Jets this week, I will still say the same thing. But.... if these guys stay healthy... EJ is probably just going to get a little better and better each week... who knows. But that is for another time.