1998 - Bills v Jaguars at The Ralph

cale

I was there when Doug Flutie started against the then unbeaten Jaguars. Flutie won that game for us and it began a mini era of a pretty good run until that fateful day in Nashville.

Now living in Nashville and watching the game today on TV, I felt a little bit of the same excitement as did that October day in 1998. It was fun to see a young exciting promising QB with a clue be so cool, calm and collected winning a game like that.

Kudos to our scouting department and front office for ignoring the "experts" and picking this kid in the first round. Well done.

C

I remember when the Jaguars were good.

Yep, me too. As far as we fell, they did the same, not that they got as high as we did, but still. Jax was damn good. Anchored by Boselli, Fred Davis/Natron Means, and Brunell. They had a good receiver, too, I believe. I liked the team. Obviously Bills have always been my #1 but I did like Jax. Brunell was my favorite QB other than Kelly

Was thinking the same thing.

I was working as a bus boy at The Towne restaurant when, after the game, a regular came in and we talked about the Magic Flutie.

He was choked up and said, "They're back."

I felt the same way when EJ was hugging his dad after the game. Maybe they aren't magic yet, but there is a special feeling with this one.