Pats cut Tim Tebow

Tell us how you really feel. LOL. The "over-hyped bum" comment is childish & pathetic, and it reflects poorly on you. Very poorly.

Does it now? In terms of his ability as an NFL QB, I repeat, he's an over-hyped bum. You take offense to the term. Too bad for you. :cry:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the 32 NFL teams think of him as a football player? We know the answer to that, now don't we?

That's a fair point, but I think most people would agree that the lack of interest around the NFL has a lot to do with the media circus that comes with Tebow, as well as the fact that his fans will call for him to start as soon as the starting QB faulters even a little.

Those might be good reasons to avoid signing him, but in my opinion his performance on the field is not a good reason to avoid signin him.

By the way, even taking away his rushing stats (which is obviously a huge part of his game), Tebow has a better career PASSER rating than both David Carr and Dennis Dixon. Would people be up in arms if the Bills brought either of those guys in as their third QB?

Edited by Reddy Freddy

That's a fair point, but I think most people would agree that the lack of interest around the NFL has a lot to do with the media circus that comes with Tebow, as well as the fact that his fans will call for him to start as soon as the starting QB faulters even a little.

Those might be good reasons to avoid signing him, but in my opinion his performance on the field is not a good reason to avoid signin him.

By the way, even taking away his rushing stats, Tebow has a better career PASSER rating than both David Carr and Dennis Dixon. Would people be up in arms if the Bills brought either of those guys in as their third QB?

If Tebow was a talented player, I have no doubt that teams would be more than willing to deal with the circus like atmosphere that surrounds him through no fault of his own. But he simply isn't good enough to warrant all of the unwanted attention that he brings. Comparing him to Carr and Dixon is a pretty low standard.

The guy also stubbornly refuses to be considered for any other position and that's why he'll be at home this season barring some team being completely decimated by injuries at the QB position.

Does it now? In terms of his ability as an NFL QB, I repeat, he's an over-hyped bum. You take offense to the term. Too bad for you. :cry:

Keep digging your hole of idiocy deeper. Very, very few sane & intelligent people would ever describe him as a "bum." And virtually no one "over-hyped" over him....certainly not Tebow himself.

Keep digging your hole of idiocy deeper. Very, very few sane & intelligent people would ever describe him as a "bum." And virtually no one "over-hyped" over him....certainly not Tebow himself.

Thanks for the compliments. :thumbsup: Go back to playing with your blow up Tebow doll. Enjoy.

For the life of me I just don't get the "he can't play qb" crowd or all the hate toward this kid. He took the freaking Broncos to the playoffs, and beat the freaking Steelers. We all know his throwing issues. But he does find ways to win and can make things happen and likely can win more games than he looses when given the opportunity.

He is good enough to play backup for the Bills. We need a veteran. We have an undrafted rookie as our only backup.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

If Tebow was a talented player, I have no doubt that teams would be more than willing to deal with the circus like atmosphere that surrounds him through no fault of his own. But he simply isn't good enough to warrant all of the unwanted attention that he brings. Comparing him to Carr and Dixon is a pretty low standard.

The guy also stubbornly refuses to be considered for any other position and that's why he'll be at home this season barring some team being completely decimated by injuries at the QB position.

I compared him to Carr and Dixon because those are other guys who have been cut and who some are suggesting should be brought in as the Bills' third QB.

I mean you can play the numbers game all day - Tebow's career passer rating is 75 - certainly not great but in my opinion not bad enough that you would discount him from being a viable backup QB option. And again, that doesnt even take into account his running ability.

In terms of NFL starters, his career passer rating is right around guys like Alex Smith and Ryan Tannehill, and obviously it took Smith years to ascend to that level. Not saying he's Peyton Manning, but lets not make him out to be totally incompetent either.

He's not a bum, he is a victim of his own cult that can't see he's not a good QB. Yeah he won a couple of games, even a playoff game, but it was mostly by sheer dumb luck. The guy is a gamer but he has no skill at an NFL level.

Do you think any team would cut him if he could actually play QB well? Tebow will just become another college star who flamed out in the NFL. He ought to try the CFL. His skill set might work better there.

He has money, his faith, his college career, and good looks. He'll be fine.

For the life of me I just don't get the "he can't play qb" crowd or all the hate toward this kid. He took the freaking Broncos to the playoffs, and beat the freaking Steelers. We all know his throwing issues. He is a winner who makes things happen who can win more games than he looses when given the opportunity.

He is good enough to play backup for the Bills. We need a veteran. We have an undrafted rookie as our only backup.

I think you said this better and more succinctly than I did. My thoughts exactly, except that I know where the hate comes from, and most of it is not because of how he plays football.

I compared him to Carr and Dixon because those are other guys who have been cut and who some are suggesting should be brought in as the Bills' third QB.

I mean you can play the numbers game all day - Tebow's career passer rating is 75 - certainly not great but in my opinion not bad enough that you would discount him from being a viable backup QB option. And again, that doesnt even take into account his running ability.

In terms of NFL starters, his career passer rating is right around guys like Alex Smith and Ryan Tannehill, and obviously it took Smith years to ascend to that level. Not saying he's Peyton Manning, but lets not make him out to be totally incompetent either.

If you can't beat out Mark Sanchez, that's all that I need to know. Tebow game has major holes in it and he just doesn't have what it takes. If he did, we'd see many QB starved teams stepping up to acquire him. It isn't happening.

For the life of me I just don't get the "he can't play qb" crowd or all the hate toward this kid. He took the freaking Broncos to the playoffs, and beat the freaking Steelers. We all know his throwing issues. He is a winner who makes things happen who can win more games than he looses when given the opportunity.

For the life of me, I don't get the crowd that still refuses to recognize that he's a terrible QB and has no future in the NFL at the position. He's not good enough to be a backup for any team in the league as evidenced by his getting booted off 3 teams in 3 years. Nobody wants him. I'd rather have Jeff Tuel than Tebow and its not even close.

How many more opportunities is Tebow supposed to be handed? He can't read a defense, can't throw, can't run an offense. But because he had a great college career, backed into the playoffs, had one good throw to a wide open receiver, and ESPN won't shut the hell up about him, he deserves yet another chance? He's the definition of an overhyped bum.

Edited by biglukes

For the life of me, I don't get the crowd that still refuses to recognize that he's a terrible QB and has no future in the NFL at the position. He's not good enough to be a backup for any team in the league as evidenced by nobody wanting him. I'd rather have Jeff Tuel than Tebow and its not even close.

How many more opportunities is Tebow supposed to be handed? He can't read a defense, can't throw, can't run an offense. But because he had a great college career, backed into the playoffs, had one good throw to a wide open receiver, and ESPN won't shut the hell up about him, he deserves yet another chance? He's the definition of an overhyped bum.

Careful now. The Legion will attack you. :rolleyes:

Tell us how you really feel. LOL. The "over-hyped bum" comment is childish & pathetic, and it reflects poorly on you. Very poorly.

He is an over-hyped bum. His sole purpose is to get onto a roster, then create enough turmoil to disrupt the team enough for him to back into playing.

He did it in Denver. He basically ruined a real QB's (Orton) career.

He is a fraud. He prays when the cameras are on him and says all the stupid, "aww, shucks, I'm a do whatever coach needs me to do. I'm a work real hard and make coach real proud."

Puke

He's a fake. He's a bum. And most importantly, he sucks at football.

He is an over-hyped bum. His sole purpose is to get onto a roster, then create enough turmoil to disrupt the team enough for him to back into playing.

He did it in Denver. He basically ruined a real QB's (Orton) career.

He is a fraud. He prays when the cameras are on him and says all the stupid, "aww, shucks, I'm a do whatever coach needs me to do. I'm a work real hard and make coach real proud."

Puke

He's a fake. He's a bum. And most importantly, he sucks at football.

Haha, well, this is the kind of "thoughtful" and "well-reasoned" argument I'm used to hearing from the anti-Tebow crowd. But I think you inadvertently helped prove the point that the Tebow hate has little to do with how he plays football.

Random thought, then this thread can die forever: it must be awful going through life being the kind of person that truly hates someone for being a good guy.

Since it was buried, I repeat: Did any of the Tebow fans here watch his performance against the Bills on national TV?

Ironically, the Bills lack of a pass rush worked in their favor in that game, since there were no broken plays for Tebow to exploit. He would drop back, wait two seconds, not be able to pull the trigger, then run into someone. That is the strategy the Pats ended up using in the playoffs. And it is the strategy that any sensible D-Coordinator will use against him forever and ever, Amen.

The Bills have multiple reasons to claim Tebow on waivers

His contract is favorable. For 2013, he gets the minimum for a player with three years of experience: $630,000. Next year, he is due to receive the minimum again, at $730,000. Plus a whopping $25,000 workout bonus.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/01/the-bills-have-multiple-reasons-to-claim-tebow/

Then theres the fact that the Bills host in seven days the team with which Tebow has spent all of training camp and the preseason. Despite his erratic skills, hes in position to help the Bills prepare for the Pats, on both sides of the ball.

Edited by papazoid

Since it was buried, I repeat: Did any of the Tebow fans here watch his performance against the Bills on national TV?

Ironically, the Bills lack of a pass rush worked in their favor in that game, since there were no broken plays for Tebow to exploit. He would drop back, wait two seconds, not be able to pull the trigger, then run into someone. That is the strategy the Pats ended up using in the playoffs. And it is the strategy that any sensible D-Coordinator will use against him forever and ever, Amen.

Yep, watched that one game and it was indeed a terrible performance, and as an obsessive Bills fan I loved every minute of it.

But while we're talking about individual games, did you see the one where he threw for 300+ in beating the heavily-favored Steelers in the playoffs, who I believe had the top ranked defense in the NFL that season? Or any of these?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211708/article/ultimate-tim-tebow-comebacks

Look, he hasn't been consistent, and I'm not putting him in Canton. But to paint him as a bum is just ignorant in my opinion.

Ok, this thread is really dead to me now. Maybe.

Edited by Reddy Freddy