Trade Byrd for Top CB?

CJPearl2

It is known that Byrd will not play here after this year. Trade him for something right now. Stop getting nothing. We should have done this when before the deadline last season when we were dead already.

It's known by whom? They can franchise him again next year.

Byrd's attitude is crappy right now but we have a year - maybe two - to change that. Byrd's only getting to know Donnie Henderson, Pettine and Marrone right now for the first time. Let's see if they can build a rapport with him and get him excited about being a Bill.

<p>No team in its right mind is going to trade anyone of value for Byrd. He cannot sign a long term contract until this off season. So he can be one and done and all you had him for is a year. And no, he can't agree to a deal in principle, because that wouldn't be binding on him or the team. There is zero trade value until the season is over.

Edited by BuffaloBob

What about trading Byrd, who really does not want to be here, for a #1 CB? I know it is likely too late to do this, but could be worth a shot.

Not gonna get a top CB for a top safety, just isn't gonna happen, safetys are much more easier to come by, which is one reason the Bills wouldn't pay Byrd, and another example is Aaron Williams not hacking it at CB so he moves to safety and does much better. Not gonna get much for Byrd at this point, since no team can extend him now. The Bills blew the Byrd issue big time.

Not sure this makes sense since replacing Gilmore is short-term and we really don't have a great replacement for Byrd. I don't like Byrd's attitude either, but I honestly don't care how much he pouts, he better produce this year or the contract he wants will never be his, regardless of what team he is on. The reality is that this team is rebuilding and has some good, young talent. It will not have a good record this year because there are too many teams in the AFC that have everything established already. At least we will all go into the season expecting the worse and won't be disappointed. #Tueltime at QB week 1? Sure, why not.

Yes, but they are indeed looking to the future. I wish they could go to the playoffs this year, but it would be a major miracle.

Byrd can B word all he wants... He;s under contract and if he wants out so bad... the best way to do so is have a spectacular year. I think Byrd over rates himself.. He's been a great player on a terrible D and safety is not hardest position to fill especially with so many teams moving older corners over to FS role like Woodson and Clements did or guys who struggled in man to man but have the size to play safety like Aaron Williams.

We will not get a #1 CB for him. No chance, corners are more vauable. But a very good #2 CB... i'd take in heartbeat. With Mclovin as our TOP CB right now... is a scary thought, especially if we blitz as much as Pettine would like. Gilmore's injury could really shift ur gameplans on D. Leaving Gilmore on an island with a team's #1 WR, i'd be totally ok with... Mclovin or anyone else for that matter.... not so much!

You're not going to get anything for Byrd til the off season, not a number one cb, not a number two cb. Nothing except a bag full of balls, because he would be nothing more than a rental player to the acquiring team. He is untradeable for any value until the end of the season. So all this gyrating over whether he's worth a cb is irrelevant.