If you guys think the "national media" (ESPN) hates us... try

It surely does NOT get old....laugn my A$$ off every time...GO BILLS!

Exactly. Rex Ryan probably has this quote painted above his bed, in his car, and carved into his desk. The trouble with using the media for shameless self-promotion is that there's always a potential for backlash.

As far as ButtFumble is concerned? F him. I have been saying he is a phony QB, was manufactured by ESPN, and whose #s are inflated by his defense and running game, for 3 years now. Yes, that was right after the famous "back to back AFC Championship games"(about to become a cliche):

http://forums.twobil...hez +romo +espn

The man can't play the position, period. He makes you think he can, because he has the physical talent, but, mentally he is simply not suited for it.

You want to do stats? Jim Kelly's Bills D wasn't even close to as good as the Jets has been for Sanchez. IN FACT the Jets D in terms of yards allowed, is far and away superior to the SB Bills Defenses. See for yourself: http://www.pro-footb....com/teams/buf/ The only time they were top 5 is in 1993: #5 in points allowed. But, 2 times the Bills D was #27 in yards allowed. That's not even close.

Pettine's Defenses used to constantly give Sanchez the ball. Their D was the opposite Buttfumble: they always showed up in the big game.

But, you won't find me telling anybody other than Bills fans that he sucks. By all means: I want the Jets to start ButtFumble as many times as possible. I'd much rather have the idiot that I know, than the potential idiot that I don't know, and who could suddenly be good, in Geno Smith.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

the Jets were a much better team when Rex wan an overweight loudmouth...

Except I never thought he did them any favors with his ridiculous guarantees that he never came through on. They reflected badly on him, made him look like an arrogant/deluded buffoon writing checks he couldn't cash. I certainly don't think they fired up the team, or that the players appreciated the extra media scrutiny Rex's big mouth brought them. I really hope he's gone by the end of this season.

The NFL as an institution has been committed to the NFCE since forever. Eagles, Giants, Skins, Boys get abnormal amounts of promotion & coverage no matter how poor they are in any given year. The NFL still hasn't really accepted the merger with the AFL. They named the SB trophy after a man who openly despised the AFL until his death, its promotion of "classic" games from the 60s is virtually free of AFL games, & it has studiously overlooked players who played most or all of their career in the AFL when it comes to the HOF or to just giving them respectful mentions when discussing players from the 60s. Heck, the NFL never accepted the 1950 merger with the AAFC, moving 2 of those 3 teams (Cleveland, Baltimore) to the AFC after that merger & would have moved the 3rd one (49ers) if Oakland wasn't already in the Bay area. Instead, Philly manuvered the Steelers out to be the "real" NFL team in Pennsylvania.

Remember the over the top joy of the NFL establishment when the NFCE Giants beat the Bills in the SB? From that moment on, Parcells was lionized & still is. The ignominy for one of the great AFL franchise, the Bills, was that they lost all 4 SBs to NFCE teams. That only solidified the smug belef that the NFCE is the real elite core of the league.

The Jets misfortune is that they are an original AFL franchise playing in the same market as the old NFL's supposed flagship franchise. And the Jets were the first AFL team to beat the NFL in the SB, & did it in a legendary fashion that's still talked about, which must really rankle the "old boys." The Jets will always be mocked by the NFL toadies while the Giants will always be treated with respect. You see, the Jets did the unforgiveable: they humiliated "the real NFL."

this is one of the best posts I've ever read on this board. very insightful. thanks.

Hate to say it... They, the Jets, did beat the Colts in SB III, 1969, that basically sealed the deal on a merger between the AFL & NFL.

They were good for something...

Actually, the merger was sealed a couple years earlier. Everyone knew there'd only be 4 AFL/NFL Championships before the merger was enacted. That's why the Jet win was so important, after Green Bay breezed through the first 2. The Chiefs evened everything up a year later.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/nfl-and-afl-announce-merger

this is one of the best posts I've ever read on this board. very insightful. thanks.

You jumped me on this one; I couldn't agree more that this particular post is a freakin' gem, and is a prime example of why I'm here on a regular basis. Best short synopsis of a complicated NFL situation that I think I've ever read.

(Obviously I don't yet know how to quote this response, in addition to the post I'm referring to from yungmack, my bad.)

Edited by Rhode Island Red