Can I start another $%&#@ Dave Wannstedt thread?

eball

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how you all can blame Coach Wannstedt. He wasn't the one on the field not fitting it up.

Coaches get paid to coach. Players get paid to fit. Everyone knows that.

Now this Pettine guy comes along and I haven't heard him once mentioning fits. How the hell are we gonna stop anyone this year?

Don't know if you're being facetious here but it's interesting that you bring up "run fits."

A few weeks ago Marrone was asked about run fits and he literally scoffed at the idea.

To paraphrase, he said (chuckling in disdain) "Listen. We don't fit up the run here, we attack the run. We teach our guys to attack the run."

Don't know if you're being facetious here but it's interesting that you bring up "run fits."

A few weeks ago Marrone was asked about run fits and he literally scoffed at the idea.

To paraphrase, he said (chuckling in disdain) "Listen. We don't fit up the run here, we attack the run. We teach our guys to attack the run."

I am joking. I tend to be dry in humor attempts. "fits" seems to be one of those phrases that someone who is involved with football for a living comes up with to let us know that they know way more about football than you do. I prefer Coach Marrone and Coach Pettine's approach to football, beat the hell out of your opponent. Or out-run them, or out-execute them. Those are my three favorites.

It's the difference between risking a big play against or not. Given Wanny absolute dearth of talent at LB, RDE, and SS last year, I can understand wanting to "fit it up."

It's no surprise the Bills wasted no time in recreating their entire LB corps and RDE position. Not to mention letting Wilson go. I suspect we'll give up our share of big plays until these guys can attack while not having to think first before doing it.

GO BILLS!!!

It's the difference between risking a big play against or not. Given Wanny absolute dearth of talent at LB, RDE, and SS last year, I can understand wanting to "fit it up."

It's no surprise the Bills wasted no time in recreating their entire LB corps and RDE position. Not to mention letting Wilson go. I suspect we'll give up our share of big plays until these guys can attack while not having to think first before doing it.

GO BILLS!!!

that is a reasonable point. so why did the players seem unable to control gaps ? Be where they should be . It was once mentioned that guys were trying to "make plays". almost as if the players did not undersatnd a simple basic defense. Barnett knows how to play football even if Sheppard did not , and dont get me going about never putting K. Morrison on the Field!

I am still not over it (last years D) by the way

that is a reasonable point. so why did the players seem unable to control gaps ? Be where they should be . It was once mentioned that guys were trying to "make plays". almost as if the players did not undersatnd a simple basic defense. Barnett knows how to play football even if Sheppard did not , and dont get me going about never putting K. Morrison on the Field!

I am still not over it (last years D) by the way

Knowing how to play and being physically able to are two entirely different things. Kyle Moore knows how to play DE but he was abused in the run game. Barnett knows how to cover backs and LBs but he sucked at that last year. Sheppard knows his responsibility as a MLB but he's slow to the hole and can't shed to save his life. Bradham is fast and relentless but over-pursued to the point of taking himself out of too many plays. And the less I say about the play of Wilson and our #2 CB last season, the better.

GO BILLS!!!