Redskins want new stadium

Then you should have just said that instead of taking another gratuitous shot at Ralph Wilson when you had no cause to. Maybe Dan Snyder will turn out to be the greatest owner in team sports history, but his record as a 1st class A-hole has been firmly established for years. Ralph Wilson has forgotten more about treating people with dignity than Dan Snyder will ever learn. You can have him.

GO BILLS!!!

Shanahan under no circumstances was going to agree to taking a job in Buffalo. How is that a gratuitous shot at Wilson?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanahan under no circumstances was going to agree to taking a job in Buffalo. How is that a gratuitous shot at Wilson?

Go back and read all your posts in this thread, EVERY WORD, and then tell me all you were saying is that Shanahan wouldn't take the job.

Enjoy your Danny Boy. He's the classiest act in the NFL.

GO BILLS!!!

Go back and read all your posts in this thread, EVERY WORD, and then tell me all you were saying is that Shanahan wouldn't take the job.

GO BILLS!!!

Shanahan was not going to work for an owner such as Wilson. The manner in which he ran his operation associated with his finacial management and business practicses with the franchise were a disqualifying factor for him. He did not and was not ever going to work for a Ralph Wilson run franchise. That is a fact.

GO BILLS!!!

Snyder has fired a lot of people just as Ralph has. But one thing he has never done is not honor a contract. Ask Wade Phillips how he feels toward Ralph after he was fired? The owner was told by people inside the franchise and outside the franchise that he was obligated to pay off Phillips's contract after he fired him. Out of anger and vindictiveness he refused to pay what he was obligated to pay. When the issue went to the arbitrator it was immediately determined that the owner was clearly wrong and was forced to pay. Dan Snyder might not always treat people well but he always honors his contracts.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2001/Phillips-Awarded-Remainder-of-Salary/id-fad115108ede7d9b1c11ebce975d70b9

Snyder has fired a lot of people just as Ralph has. But one thing he has never done is not honor a contract. Ask Wade Phillips how he feels toward Ralph after he was fired? The owner was told by people inside the franchise and outside the franchise that he was obligated to pay off Phillips's contract after he fired him. Out of anger and vindictiveness he refused to pay what he was obligated to pay. When the issue went to the arbitrator it was immediately determined that the owner was clearly wrong and was forced to pay. Dan Snyder might not always treat people well but he always honors his contracts.

http://www.apnewsarc...c11ebce975d70b9

Daniel Snyder is a lousy human being.

If others don't, when I get back from work this afternoon I'll post plenty of evidence.

There's no shortage of news stories showing what a dirtbag he is.

Defending his character is a waste of time.

If others don't, when I get back from work this afternoon I'll post plenty of evidence.

I didn't say that Dan Snyder was a wonderful person. Why are you making that interpretation? There is no need to follow that line of discussion because it is not the topic of discussion.

The point I made with respect to Snyder is that he has payed his own way from the stadium to upgrades. That is a fact. The issue of his personality is a simply a diversion from the topic at hand. There was a comparison made to how Snyder managed his franchise and how Wilson has managed his franchise. There is a major difference. The personality issue is irrelevant.

The original issue revolved around my point that Shanahan never serioulsly considered working for Wilson and the Bills because the way the franchise was structured and managed. I firmly stand by that position. These personality and behavioral characterizations regarding Snyder are non responsive to what was brought up.

I'll repeat the original point that I made: Shanahan never seriously considered working for and owner such as Wilson and the type of franchise that he established. For Shanahan working for Snyder was a more appealing option.

Edited by JohnC

http://www.apnewsarc...c11ebce975d70b9

Anybody remotely knowledgeable of Danny Boy's antics over the years knows this.

People who have little interest in anything other than conflating issues simply to further their anti-Ralph crusade don't wish to acquaint themselves with facts.

Dig up the story about Danny Boy refusing to pay his child's nanny. Yeah, that's right up there with a multi-millionaire coach who was awarded salary in arbitration.

Danny Boy always honors his contracts. That's a good one.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

People who have little interest in anything other than conflating issues simply to further their anti-Ralph crusade don't wish to acquaint themselves with facts.

Dig up the story about Danny Boy refusing to pay his child's nanny. Yeah, that's right up there with a multi-millionaire coach who was awarded salary in arbitration.

GO BILLS!!!

You didn't respond to the Wade Phillips contract issue.

You didn't respond to the Wade Phillips contract issue.

What's there to respond to?

Ralph Wilson demanded Wade Phillips fire his special teams coach after the Tennessee debacle.

Wade refused.

Ralph Wilson fired him and cited "insubordination" as a reason to void the remaining salary obligation.

It went to arbitration, Ralph lost. Money paid. End of story.

Ralph did all of that as a matter of principle and NOT to save any money. He's fired numerous coaches and has paid them every time. Why was Wade different? It wasn't for your tired reason that "Ralph is cheap." Again, history and facts don't support your tired agenda. Might it be a reason coaches wouldn't want to work for him? Quite possibly. Maybe even likely. But they've had 5 HCs since then so perhaps you should ask them.

Why didn't your paragon of NFL team ownership and the one you would prefer own the Bills, Daniel Snyder, pay his nanny?

Why do you insist on turning threads into "anti-Ralph" threads every chance you get? Ralph really did run over your dog, didn't he.

GO BILLS!!!

Mike Shanahan was not going to work for Ralph and the Bills. It is as simple as that. I'm not criticizing anyone here. What I'm saying is that Shanahan had choices as to where he could go. He had a better situation for him in Washington compared to Buffalo. From his perspective it was not a difficult choice to make, especially since he had a backdoor relationship with Dan Snyder.

Is that the new colloquialism for "friends with benefits"

Good ol' Gov. Vaginal Probe wants to spend more tax payer money for a stadium. As a resident of Virginia, there are plenty of things that tax payer money should go to before a stadium namely roads and another bridge-tunnel crossing for Hampton Roads. Maybe Gov. Vaginal Probe can get one of his cronies that paid for his daughter's wedding to foot the bill instead of working Virginians. Enough with the sports franchise owners holding communites hostage for new arenas and stadiums. The NFL is a billion dollar industry. The Redskins are one of the most profitable franchises. Let Snyder pay for his stadium and not some bogus private-public financing. I think Virginia has already given the Redskins enough in public funds with luring them to Richmond for their training camp.

GO BILLS!!!

The nanny dispute related to labor law pay issues. It wasn't a question of cheating anyone as it was an issue of how does one calculate billable hours for a particular type of job. It related to whether a live-in nanny is working while she is sleeping in-house. The issue revolved around whether those hours should not only be paid for but be added to the overtime calculation. From a legal standpoint it was an interesting case.

Why do you insist on turning threads into "anti-Ralph" threads every chance you get? Ralph really did run over your dog, didn't he.

I made the point that Shanahan never intended to work for Wilson and the Bills for a variety of reasons. You then went into your reflexive response that I was unfairly attacking the owner. The issue of ownership was without a doubt a major contributing factor for him not having an interest in the job. There is nothing inaccurate or unfair about that.

Edited by JohnC

The nanny dispute related to labor law pay issues. It wasn't a question of cheating anyone as it was an issue of how does one calculate billable hours for a particular type of job. It related to whether a live-in nanny is working while she is sleeping in-house. The issue revolved around whether those hours should not only be paid for but be added to the overtime calculation. From a legal standpoint it was an interesting case.

The fact that you would defend Snyder's position on this while suggesting that Mr. Wilson "doesn't honor contracts" tells me a lot. You need to investigate Snyder's other shady actions while your're at it. In the meantime, I'll say that Ralph's conflict with Wade was just as interesting from a legal standpoint and contained far more merit.

I made the point that Shanahan never intended to work for Wilson and the Bills for a variety of reasons. You then went into your reflexive response that I was unfairly attacking the owner. The issue of ownership was without a doubt a major contributing factor for him not having an interest in the job. There is nothing inaccurate or unfair about that.

In your first post in the thread, you took no less than three cheap shots at Ralph Wilson before you even mentioned Shanahan, including that you would actually prefer Snyder as your owner. Shanahan was just your parting shot.

And my response isn't reflexive. It's reactive, which is usually the case when I confront these typical, tired, agendas. Your stance though is, indeed, reflexive. You needed to take a subject, Snyder's desire for a new stadium, and make it an anti-Ralph rant simply because you just can't help it.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

One thing to note is that anyone who has spent some time in Fedex knows it has poor sight lines other than the lower bowl. The place is enormous. Too enormous for the 20,000 folks stuck at the top who are very very far from the action. And it is difficult to get into and out of for sure. it is an awesome party place inside though if you don't plan to sit in your seat much. All kinds of bars and concessions. A better for the watching fans stadium closer-in would be a better option, but the cost would be astronomical. Fedex should have been put in Alexandria in the old rail yards on top of a new subway station where it was planned to go . It's a longer story why that did not happen, But Bills fans could not care less about this so I am done. I would much rather watch a game in the Ralph than in Fedex. No question about it.

Edited by 8and8Forever

In your first post in the thread, you took no less than three cheap shots at Ralph Wilson before you even mentioned Shanahan, including that you would actually prefer Snyder as your owner. Shanahan was just your parting shot.

GO BILLS!!!

There is no doubt that I would prefer Snyder over Wilson as a team owner. Why would you think otherwise? Snyder certainly has flaws but as time has gone by he has learned how to be a good owner. He no longer treats the franchise as his own personal fantasy game. Since he hired Shanahan he has not involved himself in the operation. It is reflected on the field.

yep. like several posters here, I live in the DC area and say what you want about Cooke and Snyder, Cooke built Fedex with his own money, Snyder bought it along with the team, improved it with his own money and while we all love the Bills, blah blah , there is no comparison between the two franchises, from resources to facilities to leadership... and players, coaches and GMs know it. I remember talking to London Fletcher a few years ago about it... all the players the Bills let go, etc. The Bills are run like a local rugby club, scratching together whatever and whoever they can find and the Redskins are run like IBM, going and getting what and who they want. neither is necessarily a recipe for success with the injury wildcard (eg. will RGIII be the same?who knows) always out there, the franchises are in two different leagues as far as approach.

Yet these two teams have won exactly the same number of Super Bowls under their respective owners. Face it, the Foreskins have been the Bills South. They were irrelevant and going nowhere until they were able to land 'Bob, Part 3'. The only difference is that Washington has spent a lot more money for a losing product and done a much better job of gouging their fans for every penny they can. That and the fact that Snyder is a complete prick and reprehensible human being. He, Jerry Jones, & Bob Kraft are everything that's wrong with today's "modern NFL".

Have they revealed their plans to put it on an old Indian burial ground?

That's what the Bills did with Rich Stadium. That's why they turned it sideways. The stadium was supposed to run with the long side, side ways. The Seneca nation Indian burial ground forced them to turn the stadium. Some believe the Seneca Indian spirits are cursing the Bills because they put the stadium on their sacred burial grounds. Some say the Seneca sprits pushed Norwood's field goal wide right in the first super bowl. They also say the dead spirits put a curse on the Bills that they would NEVER win a super bowl. How much truth there is to this I don't know, but man, Over a half century in the league and NO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! Maybe there is something to this Seneca Indian jinx after all.

FedEx Field is to stadiums as a trailer home is to mansions. It is an armpit that screams cheapness at every turn. They built that thing for pennies and took a step or two below builder's grade on the options.

And there is no 30 year wait on season tickets. That died a decade ago:

http://www.washingto...n-ticket-pitch/

It's also in a horrendous location with lousy access and has been rated the worst stadium to get to in the NFL.

Not enough parking, poor rail access, and poor road access.

In addition to the low-quality issues - it all around sucks. No I don't really blame them for wanting to replace it.

That's what the Bills did with Rich Stadium. That's why they turned it sideways. The stadium was supposed to run with the long side, side ways. The Seneca nation Indian burial ground forced them to turn the stadium. Some believe the Seneca Indian spirits are cursing the Bills because they put the stadium on their sacred burial grounds. Some say the Seneca sprits pushed Norwood's field goal wide right in the first super bowl. They also say the dead spirits put a curse on the Bills that they would NEVER win a super bowl. How much truth there is to this I don't know, but man, Over a half century in the league and NO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! Maybe there is something to this Seneca Indian jinx after all.

Okily dokily.