Leslie Frazier upset at Bills coaches

True of course. And I know it's only pre-season, but so far they look like they haven't missed a beat. So, until proven otherwise, they are still Brady and the rest of the Patriots*.

GO BILLS!!!

The only caveat I would say about their offense and preseason success is they have practiced against both teams prior to playing them. Brady and the offense had to have learned something in those few days, about their opponents defense.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a typo. And to suggest that Frasier is some moron from the street whose opinion doesn't deserve your attention is ignorant. He's well respected around the league...

No, it's more than likely what Frazier said verbatim. In the industry (news), you transcribe the exact words coming out of the mouth of your interview subject aka the person you're quoting. In this case, that would be Frazier.

The only caveat I would say about their offense and preseason success is they have practiced against both teams prior to playing them. Brady and the offense had to have learned something in those few days, about their opponents defense.

This is a good point.

GO BILLS!!!

I checked the last 6 meetings between the Bills and the Cheatriots***.

The average score of these games has been Cheatriots*** 40.2, Bills 24.5

New England has not scored fewer than 31 points in the last 6 games (that was the game we won).

It will take significant improvement on offense and defense and at least a draw on special teams for us to beat them.

On the other hand, I'm expecting the Bills to improve on offense and defense.

Which I think again underscores how much coaches approaches to a preseason game can vary. Typically we know the big goals going in, and can figure out the intended means to achieve them pretty quickly. In preseason that can be much muddier, and then is coupled with much smaller sample sizes from each player

Perhaps so but, by the sounds of it, Brady was carving them up in practice as well. In fact, I heard a few former player, now reporters, on NFL Network, who were reporting on the practice tilts, say they have never seen anything like the precision of what Brady had done in camp before.

It was to avoid OT and to give the guys a shot for the attempt at another situation to convert. Atleast knock him for real reasons if your going to knock him

Preseason or not it's still a game... What's so wrong about going into overtime in a preseason match up? Doesn't it give you more chances to evaluate players? Ok then...

Good for Marrone. He needs to send a message to the fans. This is not the passive Bills defense of the past few years. This is a wild blitzing defense that will be exciting to watch. He needs to build up interest. He needs to make people want to come to the games. He's doing that pretty well.

I also like the way Marrone gets mad on the sidelines. Must be a lineman's mentallity. He almost reminds me of Carl Mauck from a few years ago. And that's a good thing.

Pettine wanted this D to have a personality. Now it does. A little smashmouth football sounds good to me.

This is tired. Brady was two plays away from winning both games.

The Giants made him work for everything which is a far cry from saying he looked amateur. That's just really overstating it.

GO BILLS!!!

If by working for it you mean putting putting up 14 points in one game and 17 in another then sure. Those are pretty pitiful scoring outputs.

In the most recent SB, Brady had an intentional grounding penalty in the endzone which caused his team 2 points. This killed them as a FG could have won the game at the end without it. The Pats had a total of 15 passing first downs the entire game. That's less than 4 per quarter. To put that into perspective, the Patriots averaged 28 per game last year. Then there was the horrible interception he threw that led to the 5 or 6 minute clock burning drive by NY. Dude, he was average.

In the first SB, Brady threw 1 TD. In the other TD drive it was all rushing and then one fortunate pass interference call. In fact, he was 3 of 8 for 23 yards. Everything else was the running game. Brady had ONE good drive the whole game. ONE. He was sacked 5 times. A couple of them at the most misopportune times. He also fumbled once or twice I believe. He was average.

No matter how you slice it, he was average in those games.