Peyton Manning: I was wrong

RLflutie7

I hate to admit this but Peyton Manning is a good QB . . . not a bust like I thought he'd be.

I actually went to the S.D. Chargers game in Indianapolis because I thought Flutie might play. . . but I also thought I'd get a chance to see history and I did.

And what guts Peyton showed waving off the punting team. Great move by a QB that's not afraid to fail.

I thought I'd put it in writing before the Colts play the Patroits. Regardless of what happens . . . Peyton can play the position.

Plus he's got some class unlike so many others like Randy Moss.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to admit this but Peyton Manning is a good QB . . . not a bust like I thought he'd be.

I actually went to the S.D. Chargers game in Indianapolis because I thought Flutie might play. . . but I also thought I'd get a chance to see history and I did.

And what guts Peyton showed waving off the punting team. Great move by a QB that's not afraid to fail.

I thought I'd put it in writing before the Colts play the Patroits. Regardless of what happens . . . Peyton can play the position.

204962[/snapback]

He's good, but there are 10 other positions on offense that are equally important. You're giving him too much credit! :lol::):)

For those that have been around a long time like Alaska Darin, I was a long time Manning basher.

I still thinks he lacks arm strength. and we'll see how it goes.

People on TSW in my view put Peyton in the Hall of fame after his rookie year.

204962[/snapback]

And to what do we owe this stain on the carpet?

At least you're batting 1000, you've never been right about a quarterback in your life! But hang around, we've got three or four other Quarterback obsessives just like you who will never get it right either!

RL Flutie= Roland Lymangrover, the original TSW QB Obsessive

How many seasons do you throw away?

204994[/snapback]

Let's see- you've thrown away your life and now your Broncos are gone too. Go get 'em Snake! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a confession to make...I have now come to the realization that all the following QB's were good:

1) Bart Starr

2) Johnny U

3) Roger Staubach

okay fast forward a bit...

4) Joe Montana

5) John Elway

6) Dan Marino

7) #12 in your program but #1 to all of us...

8) Steve Young...

You get the picture

God, I feel so much better purging my soul like this...

204962[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but I thought that the Chargers were WAY right to pick Leaf. Thought he was going to be a much better pro than Manning. Coming out of college, he reminded me a little of Kelly. Not the brightest guy guy in the worls, but someone who displyed the confidense that a team will rally around. Remeber, then as now, Manning couldnd't beat Florida, we will see if he can beat the Pats.

I was at Leafs first game, RJs unveiling as well, when the midget almost brought us back. Afetr that game, was even more convinced Leaf was better than Manning.

Now, if someone would like to know my opinions on this weeks games, please PM me as this shows my absolute astute knowledge of the NFL!

Let's see- you've thrown away your life and now your Broncos are gone too. Go get 'em Snake! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

204996[/snapback]

I have no problem with Jake Plummer. He put together a good season. Look at the stats. Yea, he didn't win a playoff game and probably never will. But I'm happy with him. He's no Elway, but those type of players come every 10-15 years.

Plummer's better then Brian Griese. Who, by the way, I predicted would be a total flop in the NFL. Meanwhile, most members of TSW said Griese was one of the best in the league.

I guess that's one I was right about.

RLflutie7, I was certain when I opened your post that it would somehow lead to the "insightful opinions" of another number 1 draft pick.

You have pleasently surprised me. I quess that not everything is as obvious as your post topic.

Just for you AKC. Don't you miss me.

I actually liked the Bills this year, but not Bledsoe.

Bledsoe needs to go. How many seasons do you throw away?

204994[/snapback]

Just couldn't resist could you. I should have known better.

RLflutie7, I was certain when I opened your post that it would somehow lead to the "insightful opinions" of another number 1 draft pick.

You have pleasently surprised me. I quess that not everything is as obvious as your post topic.

205003[/snapback]

Don't quite follow what you mean? Is this it:

Manning's best quality is that he gets rid of the ball quicker than anyone in the NFL. And he probably has the quickest setup in the league.

Don't quite follow what you mean? Is this it:

Manning's best quality is that he gets rid of the ball quicker than anyone in the NFL. And he probably has the quickest setup in the league.

205012[/snapback]

No what I meant was I fully expected your post to be a segway into talking about Bledsoe as sooo many posts have gone on to do. You proved me correct with a later post.

Regarding Manning’s best quality, I think it his game preparation. When you combine that game preparation with his quick release and his surrounding cast you have the makings of a future hall of famer.

No what I meant was I fully expected your post to be a segway into talking about Bledsoe as sooo many posts have gone on to do. You proved me correct with a later post.

Regarding Manning’s best quality, I think it his game preparation. When you combine that game preparation with his quick release and his surrounding cast you have the makings of a future hall of famer.

205018[/snapback]

Ok I get it. I didn't intend it that way. I meant to eat a little crow which I'm not scared to do.

BTW: Donovan McNabb still sucks.

Ok I get it. I didn't intend it that way. I meant to eat a little crow which I'm not scared to do.

BTW: Donovan McNabb still sucks.

205021[/snapback]

:lol: Yeah we all have to eat some crow every once in a while. I thought the Bills offense would be far more reliable than it was when I predicted a 13-3 season for the Bills.

What's up with the McNabb comment?