Carolina Game

Belicheat

2 brothers and cousin coming from out of town for Carolina game. Any suggestions on local establishments eat and drink? We have hit up anchor bar usually after 8 hr drive Saturday before game.

yeah. Get some better wings, head to duffs.

So ... Duff's or Bar Bill? And is Anchor Bar even worth going to (not for wings, just in general)?

Both are good, Bar Bill is better in my opinion. But it's a small, taverny place that fills up fast.

Re: Anchor Bar--you don't go to Disney World for the rides. That's what Cedar Point is for.

So ... Duff's or Bar Bill? And is Anchor Bar even worth going to (not for wings, just in general)?

gug...Wife, daughter & I went to Anchor bar last year. It was my first time in 30+ years, their first time ever. IMO you have to go just to say you did...go. I thought that the wings were good and the beef on weck very good. This time we'll do Duff's. A couple months ago we were in the area and hit Schwabel's. There are just some things ya gotta do.

gug...Wife, daughter & I went to Anchor bar last year. It was my first time in 20+ years, their first time ever. IMO you have to go just to say you did...go. I thought that the wings were good and the beef on weck very good. This time we'll do Duff's. A couple months ago we were in the area and hit Schwabel's. There are just some things ya gotta do.

Thanks, BB. That's exactly where I'm coming from. My buddy and I are thinking of hitting Nick T.'s in Rochester to get a garbage plate on the way to O.P. While in O.P., Duff's is on our list for wings .... but then Big Cat threw out Bar Bill. We'll likely do Duff's, just because of the reputation.

Anchor Bar is a likely destination for the same reason ... as you said ... just to say we did.

Maybe on Saturday, we'll hit Anchor Bar for a few beers after we check in, then Duff's for dinner.

Garbage Plate, Anchor Bar, Duff's wings, Hammer's Lot, meeting Beerball and Mead, sitting on JBoyst's lap ... AND a Bills/Pats home opener ... that's a great fuggin' weekend.

Bar-bill used to be real good. Too many know the place. Cant even get a seat. I lived there!

Thanks, BB. That's exactly where I'm coming from. My buddy and I are thinking of hitting Nick T.'s in Rochester to get a garbage plate on the way to O.P. While in O.P., Duff's is on our list for wings .... but then Big Cat threw out Bar Bill. We'll likely do Duff's, just because of the reputation.

Anchor Bar is a likely destination for the same reason ... as you said ... just to say we did.

Maybe on Saturday, we'll hit Anchor Bar for a few beers after we check in, then Duff's for dinner.

Garbage Plate, Anchor Bar, Duff's wings, Hammer's Lot, meeting Beerball and Mead, sitting on JBoyst's lap ... AND a Bills/Pats home opener ... that's a great fuggin' weekend.

duffs in op sucks go to the other ones.

Bar-bill used to be real good. Too many know the place. Cant even get a seat. I lived there!

I've never been able to "get a seat." I first went in 2006, haven't been back since 2010. Has wing quality declined? Or just the quality of dining experience, given the crowd?

Duffs in OP or Amherst?

stay away from op one. I spoke to the manager at george urban he said their not happy with the op duffs

I've never been able to "get a seat." I first went in 2006, haven't been back since 2010. Has wing quality declined? Or just the quality of dining experience, given the crowd?

. It was my local for many nights on tuesday. Buy one get another one free (wings) . The place has way too many folks trying to get in

Good wings at wallyweins ( sp) too.

You have it right brother. When you get in on Saturday, head to Duffs for dinner and then go to Anchor for some beers. Or switch up the order. There's nothing really worthwhile at Anchor Bar. It's all about going there. If you can get there for lunch your probably better off because the place will most likely be a mad house on a Saturday night the night before opening kickoff. Duffs will be busy but not nearly as bad. IMO.

Bar Bill is good. But IMO, your not missing much.

And I wouldn't waste your time with a Garbage Plate unless your hammered. You'll most likely think it looks like puke and tastes even worse.

Don't forget to stop by all the tailgates at Hammers. I'll be there grilling it up.

You have it right brother. When you get in on Saturday, head to Duffs for dinner and then go to Anchor for some beers. Or switch up the order. There's nothing really worthwhile at Anchor Bar. It's all about going there. If you can get there for lunch your probably better off because the place will most likely be a mad house on a Saturday night the night before opening kickoff. Duffs will be busy but not nearly as bad. IMO.

And I wouldn't waste your time with a Garbage Plate unless your hammered. You'll most likely think it looks like puke and tastes even worse.

Don't forget to stop by all the tailgates at Hammers. I'll be there grilling it up.

Awesome, man. I will be at Hammer's. Hope to see you there!

BTW ... A girl that works with my wife offered me cheap seats to tonight's Bills/Vikings game. Said she knew a guy who was in corrections and had season tickets. My first that was, "mrags??? "