Bills Least Valuable team in the NFL

weehawk

This is interesting. While not bad compared to the numbers for other teams, our debt to value percentage is higher than I would have expected. I was not aware that the Bills had any debt. Maybe they have loans in connection with the renovations to the RWS?

The operating income number is worrisome, considering that the Bills have a relative low debt to value percentage. If the team gets sold and our debt service increases, it will be difficult to generate positive operating income based on these numbers.

As I understand it there was some debt acquired as part of the estate planning process for tax avoidance purposes.

Our revenue is as high as the 49ers.

That's a very temporary situation.

The Niners will shortly be blowing the Bills out of the water regarding revenues.

The Niners have already sold over $400 million in personal seat licenses to the new stadium before even selling season tickets.

Also for the next 11 years, they'll receive an average of $20 million per year for the naming rights.

The only reason it's close now is because the Niners tickets are still relatively cheap.

While correctly stated the Bills have the third lowest value in the league, it's also true that the rest of the metrics look better. We were one of the faster growing teams, have a 2nd quartile debt to income ratio, have a good revenue and EBTDA.

Bottom line is that they are a sustainable, profitable franchise and in better shape than many other teams.

Here is a snapshot of the past 11 years from Forbes (with NFL rank) and a link to each capsule:

2013 -- $870 million (30th)

2012 -- $805 million (29th)

2011 -- $792 million (29th)

2010 -- $799 million (28th)

2009 -- $909 million (26th)

2008 -- $885 million (27th)

2007 -- $821 million (27th)

2006 -- $756 million (25th)

2005 -- $708 million (25th)

2004 -- $637 million (24th)

2003 -- $564 million (26th)

2002 -- $458 million (25th)